Team OU's Apocalyse, a team designed to defeat common OU threats!

Hello Smogon! I want you to rate my team, I've worked with this team for a long time and it has given me many wins! I'm sorry that there are no images( it's not working) so here it is! - Rotom262

The Leading Duo or "Hea-Champ"
----------------------------------------

Machamp @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant
240hp, 248atk, 16spd,4spe
-DynamicPunch
-Payback
-Bullet Punch
-Ice Punch

Heatran@ Shuca Berry
Nature: Naive
4hp,252sp.atk,252spe
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion

No, this isn't a 2 v 2 team, I just grouped these two together. Heatran and Machamp start the battle off, obviously Heatran sets up Stealth Rock to help the offensive Pokemon on my team to snag some KO's with stealth rock. Machamp doesn't set up stealth rock or anything Heatran has that department covered, no Machamp defeats many common leads that Heatran can't defeat. For example an Aerodactyl gets 2hit KO'd from bullet punch which could 2 hit KO Heatran with earthquake, Machamp has problems with Jirachi because it can flinch it with Iron Head then KO next turn. Heatran 4x resists Iron Head and U-Turn(a standard Lead Jirachi move set) letting it counter Jirachi easily with no fear of switching in and KOing Jirachi with Fire Blast or setting up stealth rock. I was thinking about just using Heatran but I saw the Smog issue#9's Lead synergy article inspiring me to use this Duo. Azelf is somewhat annoying to Heatran being able to Taunt it, but Machamp can payback Azelf not getting OHKO"d by a Psychic. Heatran and Machamp defeat pretty much every single lead out there! This duo is the lead(s) for my team!

The Physical attacker
--------------------------------

Tyranitar@ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
160hp,252atk,96spe
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit
-Crunch
-Aqua Tail

I used to have Dragon Dance Tyranitar because I liked the Idea of a speedy powerful sweeper. But unfortunatley it could only defeat 1 Pokemon unless the team lacked Scizor, it also had to set up a dragon dance leaving it exposed. This time I have a more immediate threat in the form of CB tar. Tyranitar plays the role of being my most reliable physical attacker and defeats many Pokemon. Hippowdon is usually considered a very good switch in To Tyranitar, but with Aqua Tail Hippowdon gets 2HKO'd when it switches in, therefore defeating the mighty Hippo! Tyranitar suits my team well, defeating many Pokemon. Choice Band Tyranitar Outspeeds Skarmory which is a surprise, 2HKOing the behemoth with Stone Edge. Tyranitar defeats a 252hp,252atk version of Tyranitar using Aqua Tail, which other wise would be a pain to one of my team members(Rotom-H). Tyranitar has proven to be a great team player for me!

The Physical Wall
------------------------

Rotom-H@ Leftovers
Nature:Bold
252hp,168def,88spe
-Will-o-Wisp
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Overheat

Rotom-H is my wall of choice for many reasons. One is that it poses a large threat to physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp, Two it matches up well with other defensive Pokemon using Thunderbolt on Skarmory, Overheat on Forretress and Bronzong.Shadow Ball hit's Dusknoir which otherwise could be a real nuisance to Rotom-H. Rotom-H helps stop Physical sweepers with Will-O-Wisp which is always welcome. Rotom-H is very helpful to my team!

The Special Sweeper
---------------------

Raikou@Leftovers
Nature:Timid
124hp,116sp.atk,52spd,216spe
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Tunderbolt
-HP Ice

Substitute Raikou was a classic in the 3rd generation. When I saw that moveset I wanted to try it out this generation. Surprisingly enough this Raikou has helped my team come back in the battle when things are looking grim! Substitute guards Raikou from statuses while using calm mind to boost it's stats. Thunderbolt+HP Ice gives Raikou a Psuedo Bolt Beam combo resisted only by Magnezone! Raikou clears Bulky waters off the feild which could give my team trouble. Substitute can sort of guard Raikou from Revenge Killers if it can keep it up, and if it gets that luxury it is hard to stop! Raikou does get stopped by blissey but fortunatley for it my team has Machamp which can OHKO the big bad egg with Dynamic Punch.
Raikou helps my team by defeating bulky waters.

The Revenger
--------------

Dragonite@Choice Scarf
Nature:Jolly
4hp,252atk,252spe
-Super Power
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Thunder Punch

Since Smogon's council voted Salamence Uber, Dragonite doesn't have that inferiority complex anymore. Heracross is on the brink of UU so I didn't want it as my revenge killer, Jirachi didn't have enough Power so I didn't want that either, then I stumbled upon Dragonite. Dragonite had the stats, the movepool, and the overall versatility to become my revenge killer! Dragonite has taken Salamence's place so no worries. Dragonite can Outrun a DDtar and KO with superpower, If dragonite can win the speed tie with an Adamant DD Gyarados it can KO with thunderpunch, so any speedy threat to my team is usually taken care off with Dragonite. So Dragonite is the final member of my team!

I'm not a very experienced rater, but I see a rather large Nasty Plot Infernape weakness, considering the majority of your Pokemon are OHKO'd or THKO'd by its moves (if it has Focus Blast, which is fairly uncommon, but still.) Your only counter seems to be Dragonite, but if It's dead then it's basically GG. I can't really think of a very good counter except for very Specially Defensive Gyarados or Kingdra, in the place of Tyranitar, since it's Sandstorm nullifies your Leftovers. But other than that, you team seems good IMO.

I would recommend SpecsJolteon over Raikou, as it really covers up that Infernape weakness, with Jolteon outspeeding MixApde and OHKOing with Thunderbolt. Shadowball and Signal Beam provide coverage, with HP Ice taking out any Dragons. HP Fire also works, destroying Steel types like the omnipresent Scizor.

Try Reflect over WoW on Rotom, it does the same effect, but cant miss, and works for the whole team instead of just 1 pokemon on their team, with low accuracy. Other than that, it looks pretty solid.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
That is a good idea, can it learn Reflect?
Yes, Rotom-H can learn Reflect. For future reference, you can check Rotom-H's analysis to see if it learns a certain move. You can do this with any other Pokémon as well. It's located here.

Ok thanks Bloo, thanks for editing my team too!

Try Reflect over WoW on Rotom, it does the same effect, but cant miss, and works for the whole team instead of just 1 pokemon on their team, with low accuracy. Other than that, it looks pretty solid.
Well, Kingken I found out why to use WoW over reflect, WoW does damage and combined with sandstorm from Tyranitar does a lot of damagae.

Your team is looking a little weak to scarftran; you have nothing that outspeeds it and has any chance of killing it. I think that changing your dragonite to jolly might help. If not, it'll keep coming in and firing off fire blasts, as the only thing that can take them is your heatran. Dragonite might be able to take more than one or two, but if they get rocks up, it's not going to be taking too many. If there's anything else you need, add it to the team analysis and we'll address them.

Tyranitar can take an earth power from tran like a pro and it only does like 45%.

I see a weakness to scarftar - ddtar. Once 'nite is gone he rips through your team. To counter this I would suggest this suicune over raikou

Suicune @ leftovers/life orb
4 hp 252 spA 252 spd
Timid nature (+spd -atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power (electric)

SE does about 60% and Surf (with no boost) does roughly 55%. With LO It does about 70%. Suicune can still sweep and is bulky enough to get a few CMs in.

Thats all I got good luck with your team

I'll think about that, isn't Suicuine usually a bulky water? As for Dragonite I can conserve it to Earthquake Heatran and Superpower T-Tar. But thanks for the advice! Oh ya by the way 3v3 moob, like I try said Tyranitar deals with scarftran taking less than 50% damage and KO'ing with Aqua Tail.

Scarf'd Starmie running Ice Beam, Surf, and Psychic seems like a good/decent counter to at least 4 of your team members. It might also RS away your SR. Just something to watch for.

Try running Machamp as the lead and Heatran as backup instead of the way you have it now. Machamp is much better suited to defeating common leads, while Heatran will be forced to switch out a lot more frequently. Switching the order you put them in can gain you a lot of momentum.

First,Pls PUT Pictures!Its Boring =.= Next Rating Time!!

I Can Take A Glance At Your Team,CS Dragonite Is Slow As Its Adamant Nature,Change It To JOLLY So It Outspeeds Gyrados After a DD.I Can See You Are Using Raikou My Fav <3.After A CM,Earth Power From Heatran Fails To 2HKO.As For Dragonite,You Can Use DD Dragonite As Gyarados Cant Do a DD At Any Of Your Pokemon As Heatran Explodes At its FACE!At Rotom,Use Pain Spilt > Overheat For Longevity As It Does Almost Everything For Your Team.

Also For Raikou,After A Calm Mind Thunderbolt Does This Damage To Blissey,
After +1 Calm Mind:20.7% - 24.5%
After +2 Calm Mind:27.5% - 32.5%
After +3 Calm Mind:34.5% - 40.8%
After +4 Calm Mind:41.3% - 48.7%
After +5 Calm Mind:48.3% - 56.9%
After +6 Calm Mind:55% - 64.8%

You Can Use Aura Sphere > HP Ice To Beat Blissey,Magnezone,Ttars E.G

Or You Can Replace Raikou With Suicune!This Ev Spread:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Ev's:32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Moveset:
~ Substitute
~ Calm Mind
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam / Hidden Power Electric

GL With Your Team!

Also For Raikou,After A Calm Mind Thunderbolt Does This Damage To Blissey,
*Calcs

You Can Use Aura Sphere > HP Ice To Beat Blissey,Magnezone,Ttars E.G
Keep in mind that Aura Sphere is not implemented into Shoddy due to ingame nature restrictions that currently can't be emulated, and if you do make this set in game, Raikou must be Rash, not Timid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)