Team "Rrrg, I can't think of a clever title" (OU RMT)

Team "Rrrrg, Bulb lacks the creativity to think of a clever RMT name".

Hello everyone. I am another one of those n00bs you see that tries to make a team out of my favorites. Anyways, I am trying my best to make these guys able to stand a chance against other OU teams. Any feedback is highly appreciated. Feel free to suggest new pokemon, but I absolutely will not be taking out Absol and Venusaur. If any of you remember my other n00b status RMTs, you'd see that these two are my favorites... and since the theme here is "favorites", I can't imagine getting rid of them.

Things I want you to keep in mind:
-Since I will be creating/breeding for this team on my games, I will not be using dream world. Too much of a pain.
-I also will not do hidden power. Also too much of a pain.
-Oh, and I fear the item clause like the plague.

Here is the team...

At a glance...

Movesets

Franky (Starmie) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

My lead and favorite boltbeamer. Surf for STAB, BoltBeam for it's amazing coverage, and Rapid Spin to get rid of those entry hazards. It's pretty straight forward. I'm thinking of switching him to a trick lead... opinions? What Moves would you replace for trick?

Waffles (Venusaur) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SAtk / 176 SDef / 56 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

My special wall, Venusaur. I'll never grow tired of Waffles. Switch into something he resists, set up leech seed and sleep powder, then proceed to slowly drain the opponent with Giga Drain or attack with Sludge Bomb. My absolute favorite grass type. He has a weakness for steels, so I put in...

Phantom (Shandera) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
...Phantom, my Shandera. I gave Phantom a choice scarf to outrun threats. Shadow Ball + Flamethrower for STAB, Psychic for those fighting types that I switch into and Energy ball as a filler move. I actually have surprised a Swampert or two with it. My favorite ghost type.

Sanji (Hitmontop) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge

Technitop! He's always fun, and is more useful in this gen. Fake Out on the first turn, Rapid Spin those hazards away (if Franky couldn't do the job), and then Mach punch. Burungeru walls the shit out of Sanji, so I usually switch in Venusaur if I see one. Stone Edge for hitting flying-types.

Nox (Absol) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Superpower

Nox, My Absol. Absol is my all time favorite pokemon. Once he sets up swords dance, he is really fun to play with. Sucker Punch is awesome. After a SD boost, sometimes he can even OHKO things that resist him. The other moves are mainly filler, but they help a lot, especially superpower.

Razor (Skarmory) (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Razor, my Skarmory. everyone knows what Skarmory does. Spikes, for hazards, roost to heal off hits, Whirlwind to pseudophaze and Brave Bird so I don't get locked into struggle if taunters switch in.

As you can see, my team needs a lot of work. Any suggestions won't go unconsidered. Thanks.

Pretty solid team but might i advise Hp ice on shandera and leftovers on skarm since its not dreamworld u dont need it too much.

The above. Also, Lefties>Black Sludge unless running monopoison as it can't be used to cripple the rest of your team by a tricker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)