Team SmashSmashKill

Team SmashSmashKill

Changes are in Bold

Please excuse Altaria for being such an attention hog.

If you want to make a comment on this post, please let it be constructed. If all you have to say is about how Shuckle leads are near in-existent, or about how Crobat is BL so how come I saw it in UU, then don't say anything at all. I CAN'T CONTROL THE ENEMIES I RUN INTO! I deleted Crobat and Shuckle off of the list, though.

Team SmashSmashKill is a team made up of UU pokemon, but is just as usable in the OU metagame as in UU. Except for My lead, all of the pokemon have few weeknesses, or have good Defense/Special Defense/HP.
Enjoy!

Team Building Proccess:
I made 6 positions I wanted to fill: Lead, Balanced, Crit. Abuser, Crippler, Phy. Tank, and Sp. Tank. I came up with 2 pokemon for each position, then chose which mons to use from there.

Lead: Claydol OR Alakazam
Balanced: Altaria OR Arcanine
Crit Abuser: Absol OR Drapion
Crippler: Lanturn OR Ninetails(NU)
Phy. Tank: Aggron OR Kabutops
Spc. Tanks: Milotic OR Ludicolo

Lead: (as opposed to Claydol)

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus​
Nature: Timid​
252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed / 4 HP​
Shadow Ball
Trick
Psychic​
Signal Beam​
A unique lead, yes, but a good one at that. Can OHKO almost anything. Shock wave is there in case the enemy has a flying lead, substitute is for if it’s up against someone setting up—Alakazam subs, then sweeps. How it fares against Common UU leads:

Swellow:Alakazam is outsped; OHKO it with a Shock Wave
Electrode: I can 2HKO it if it doesn't Explode on me first
Hitmonlee: My main weakness. OHKO with Psycich if it isn't scarfed and doesn't use sucker punch

Balanced guy: (as opposed to Arcanine)

Altaria @ Leftovers​
Ability: Natural Cure​
Nature: Adamant​
252 Speed/ 126 Atk / 130 HP​
Dragon Dance​
Earthquake​
Roost​
Outrage​
This is a mix between the Offensive and the Defensive Dragon dancer sets for Altaria. Not much to say about it—Dragon dance up then sweep. Altaria is the pokemon on my team with balanced stats, but it also has good resistances. Because Dragon-types are rare in UU, Altaria's only weeknesses, Ice and Rock, are covered by Aggron and Ludicolo. So not only are Altaria's weaknesses covered, but Altaria is great for being switched in to if one of your pokemon is facing their weakness.

Crit Abuser: (as opposed to Absol)

Drapion @ Scope Lens​
Ability: Sniper​
Nature: Adamant​
252 Speed/ 252 Atk / 4 HP​
Cross Poison​
Earthquake​
Ice Fang​
Night Slash​
Great against enemies that were crippled by Lanturn, This Drapion has a 25% crit rate when using Cross poison and Night Slash. Because of it’s ability, Drapion Kills anything it crits. It's only weekness being Ground, it's covered by Ludicolo. Because he doesn't quite have the speed to sweep, his primary job is a wall breaker-- to crit and kill those impossible to defeat enemies.

Crippler: (as opposed to Ninetails)

Lanturn @ Leftovers​
Ability: Volt Absorb​
Nature: Calm​
252 Speed/ 126 Sp. Def / 126 Def / 4 Sp. Atk​
Thunder​
Surf​
Thunder Wave​
Confuse Ray​
The best Parafuser I have ever seen. Can take a hit, and cripple things for Drapion to sweep, Aggron to kill, Altaria to start dancing, or Ludicolo to set up. Lanturn is really the heart of the team. His primary goal is to T-Wave as soon as possible, then uses Confuse Ray. Once the enemy is Parafused, Lanturn either tries to Kill it with Surf, or switches out to one of the many pokemon that can gain an advantage from a crippled enemy. Thunder is for if Ludicolo uses Rain Dance: Thunder's accuraccy becomes 100.

Physical Tank: (as opposed to Kabutops)

Aggron @ Chopple Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Nature: Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Speed / 4 Def​
Magnet Rise
Earthquake
Rock Polish
Head Smash​
Aggron can wall anything physical, so if Lanturn didn’t finish the job itself, and I choose not to switch in to Ludicolo, Aggron can OHKO the paralyzed foe. Aggron has alot of weaknesses--Fighting, ground, and special types--but if it's enemy is crippled or if it's weaknesses have been defeated, Aggron is beast. Against a physical non-ground and non-fighting type, Aggron never dies, and KILLS KILLS KILLS.

Special Tank: (as opposed to Milotic)

Ludicolo @ Leftovers​
Ability: Rain Dish​
Nature: Calm​
252 Speed / 126 HP / 126 Sp Def / 4 Sp Atk​
Leech Seed​
Rain Dance?
Surf​
Substitute​

As Ludicolo, I start by using Leech Seed, then use Rain dance. Putting leech seed, rain dish, and leftover together, Ludicolo gains 25% of his hp each turn. If Ludicolo faces someone slower than him, I will keep using Substitute, so Ludicolo will not be taking any damage, while the enemy slowly dies of leech seed. Ludicolo can help out the entire team. Rain Dance helps out Lanturn, so that it can thunder, and Leech Seed can help anyone in need of some help.

Hi there

On Alakzam i find Shock Wave to be completley useless since STAB Psychic is more powerful then a super effective Shock Wave. I would recommend using either Energy ball or Shadow Ball in its place for better type coverage.If you still want t hit flying types you could use hp electric. Now on to Aggron,instead of maxing hp you should max speed,without max speed evs you are getting outsped by almost the entire metagame.

Hope i helped.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm not gonna rate your whole team, but i'll suggest this for Aggron: (Cause its the moveset that i use for the Aggron in my team, and its awesome)

Aggron @ Chople Berry
252 Speed / 84 Atk / 174 Def (Or you could go 252 Speed / 84 Def / 174 Atk)
Jolly nature
Ability: Rock Head
~ Rock Polish
~ Iron Head/Earthquake
~ Magnet Rise
~ Head Smash

breh

強いだね
Alakazam @ Focus Sash/Choice Scarf
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Timid
252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed / 4 HP
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Psychic
Taunt/Trick

Fixed your lead for you... what kind of UU are you playing if you see Shuckle leads? Anyway, Shadow Ball works better than Signal Beam, Focus Blast is more useful than shock wave, and taunt/trick depend on the item that you choose to utilize (sash for taunt and scarf for trick).

Otherwise, lanturn should not be running thunder (and should run thunderbolt, and maybe ice beam over surf) and ludicolo should not be running rain dance as this is not a dedicated RD team; just use energy ball or ice beam.

126 is not divisible by four. thus, altaria, lanturn and ludicolo are missing a few evs...

Just a quick rate. I agree with Breludicolo's suggestions, especially for the lead. Also, Crobat is BL, while Swellow leads aren't that common, and you almost never see Shuckle leads ("Almost" being the key word, as I've seen a Shuckle lead once, and it was okay at its job, but that's beside the point). You definitely want to revamp the lead face-off part. Also, I find it odd that Rain Dance is in there. Personally, I don't think it helps much. Additionally, it helps out a major threat to your team, DD Feraligatr. After one Dragon Dance, it can take out the majority of your team, with Ludicolo being the only one that hinders a complete sweep. I hope my comments helped!

Yeah swellows never lead and shuckle leads dont exactly exist so i dont no what you were talking about in your alakazam analysis.

you have altaria that is immune to Ground-types moves, & Ludicolo that resists Ground-type moves, but still half of your party is weak to ground(Aggron, Drapion, Lanturn)

Okay, to all of you people who are asking whether I have played with this team, yes I have. If the leads I encountered were actually quite rare ones, then then I battled strange enemies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)