Team:Voodoo Child

So this is my first post ever on Smogon, and I am posting because I need some team advice. This is an OU team that I have been using to mild success, but on the pokemon online server I cant get into the 1200 threshold and I have been stuck at around 1100 So here goes my first RMT:
LEAD:
Dragonite@Life Orb
252 attack, 252 sp attack, 4 hp
Quiet nature
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Extreme Speed
Draco Meteor
Analysis:
This guy can do some serious damage to people who aren't expecting it or if I predict properly what they switch into or if they dont switch at all. I pretty much just use whatever move gives me the best coverage, and it proves pretty effective. I like him over mixed dragons since hes bulkier and can come in later to revenge with Extreme Speed, or clean up if my other offensive mons are unable to. However, even though I love him, I cant help but feel that he is extremely outclassed by Garchomp since A: his speed is troublesome since i dont want to lose bulk and B: SR can severely limit his switch in ability. So any advice here on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Skarmory@Leftovers
252 HP, 240 def and 6 speed
Impish
Stealth Rock
Whirlwind
Roost
Brave Bird
Analysis:
Skarmory, gotta love him right? He usually switches in and out alot for me since he absorbs pretty much all physical attacks coming at my team. He gets up SR which I guess something every team needs to do. Roost is nice so I can keep switching with him, and recover from Brave Bird which I have found to be incredibly useful for breaking balloon Dory and non fire attack balloon Tyranitar. All in all a great pokemon who is a critical part of my team.

Blissey@leftovers
252 HP, 252 def, 4 speed

Bold
Wish
Protect
Toxic
Sesmic Toss
Analysis:
Everyone knows Blissey, not much to say here. Used to run evo stone Chansey but sandstorm damage was : ( so I went with Blissey for leftovers. A big problem here is sub Ghosts which suddenly seem much more common for me. I went with Wish since those 352 hp wishes are amazing. Protect is always useful for learning what move the opponent is using, stalls out with toxic and gives me a Wish without being hit.

Tyranitar@ Choice Band
180 HP, 252 attack, 76 speed
Adamant
Pursuit
Stone Edge
Crunch
Earthquake
Analysis:
Hes a monster. Choice band + STAB + Pursuit is...AWESOME. However hes slow so I might change this to Scarf, but man I love that power especially my team is lacking big hitters(kinda). I also love him since he can bring up a sandstorm which is good for stopping all those stupid rain dance teams except switching in is troublesome. So, any advice on how to get though rain teams is helpful as well.

Latios@ Choice Specs
252 sp atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
Modest
Psycho Shock
Draco Meteor
HP Fire
Surf/Trick/Thunderbolt
Analysis:
Thank you for 5th gen for letting this special attacking behemoth come in. Hes really good and hits hard, and spamming Draco Meteor is just so much fun. However the last spot has proven troublesome. Without Tbolt I have a slight Gyarados problem, without surf I dont have the greatest coverage and without trick im locked into a move at all times. Im not sure this is the greatest spread as well, and im thinking about switching to the more defensive Latias and using CM and recover, but again not sure so help here is greatly appreciated.

Starmie@ Life Orb
252 speed, 252 special attack, 4 hp
HP Fire
Rapid Spin
Surf
Thunder Bolt
Analysis:
Probably an awful choice for this last slot, but I wanted an offensive spinner and Starmie was the best I could think of. Its completely walled by Blissey and other Special Defenders. However, good prediction on what they will switch in to avoid having there hazards spun away has landed me some KOs. HP Fire is for Nattoeri, WHO.I.HATE. Any words of wisdom on a better spinner would be great, since there probably is a better one out their that I cant think of.
Team Troubles:
I have problems with Nattorei, Roopushin and Doryuzzu the most so counters for them would be nice. I hate rain dance teams but I cant find a way to get past them with the core I have going on, so I really need some help with that. The biggest issue though is just the sheer power of outrage which destroys me, since Skarmory is the only one who can take the hit, however this is predictable and ive been on the wrong end of a fire blast too many times with Skarmory. Toxic Orb Gliscor is a pain as well as Starmie is too predictable.
Thanks for reading through this if you have, and any advice id consider helpful.​

You would want to run an attack like Ice Beam/T-bolt/Flamethrower on Blissey if Ghosts are giving you trouble; higher Sp.Att is the only thing Blissey has over Chansey anyway.
You team doesn't really benefit from sandstorm to much either. Why not replace T-tar with a CB Scizor? It can also help you soak up weaker Outrages.

Hmm, but then should I change my spread on Bliss? I would probably get rid of Sesmic Toss or Portect then which both have there flaws, but ill look in to it.
Im not sure, I think then a good rain team but kick my butt but ill try it a few rounds and see how it goes

Change Starmie to the LO set because you don't need the Rapid Spin support. Run Ice Beam/Surf/T-bolt/Psychic or HP Fire if Nattorei is really that annoying.

Protect is a must for blissey if you plan on running wish support.

Also, you need a dedicated lead. [I think] lead Machamp would fit in nicely with this team.

I like having the support since its so annoying and before I had a spinner I had some problems.
I run Dragonite at lead now, so your saying drop Dragonite for Machamp? Ill give it a shot.

I tried using Scizor instead of Tyranitar. Its not as effective, and Ive found Tyranitar fits my style/team better.

Well honestly your starmie isn't doing much at all and hp fire/fireblast provide fair checks for Nattorei, you could use skarm as a lead and change dragonite into a mixnite/wall breaking set. Keep tyranitar, but in response to keeping it, bulk up your team a little.
Now, you're missing a set up sweeper, some real non-choiced physical power, an offensive spinner, a use for your sandstorm, a very significant threat for some teams and also a check to Doryuuzu. We can make this up by adding...
DORYUZZU @ Life Orb/Balloon
Ability: Sand throw
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4Hp 252 Atk 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-EarthQuake
-Rock Slide/ Shadow claw
-Rapid spin

Swords Dance and sweep with earthquake. Jolly nature maximises speed so you can be sure that this Doryuzzu is the fastest thing out there, a lot of Doryuzzu's will be adamant natured. Balloon guards Doryuuzu from Earthquake but requires some prediction to use, but definetely helps with his fragility. Otherwise life orb works just as well. Rock slide provides coverage etc but i've included shadow claw as a replacement as it really scares of ghosts allowing you to rapid spin freely. Doryuuzu is a valuable sweeper on your team And you want to control the weather with your Tyranitar. For this reason, i would use tyraniBoah (wallbreaker tyranitar) or stick with choice band. Your skarmory walls rooposhin and can hit it with a bravebird, latias counters politoed and using latias and tyranitar in conjunction can cripple rain teams so stick with thunderbolt on latias. If you use doryuuzu, replace tyranitars earthquake for superpower to hit opposing tyrantars and to clear ice types. Hope this helped and good luck in the future!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)