Team "Yes I know that I am in the Ubers ladder"

So I used to be a pretty big OU battler but then I went to college and took a hefty break from pokemon. I've got some friends who are playing now so I re-added smogon to my bookmarked sites and have been trolling for a while trying to get back in the swing of things. My friends are all into Ubers and I have a lot of spare time so I decided to make an OU team that could do decently in Ubers. I've been pretty bored the past few night so I did a little laddering with the team and not only did I win my first battle but I went on to win about a third of them. I know that this is a dumb idea that some stupid kid has every now and again and you guys are just going to tell me that I should use Ubers to fight Ubers but I think it would be mad cool if you could just check the team out and give me some suggestions. Then you can proceed to ridicule me or whatever it is you guys do.

I tried to put pictures in here to make it a little more visually appealing but I couldn't figure out how to do it. (I happen to be a major idiot) So if anyone could help me out with that I would love you forever. Anyways, here is the current team:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Pressure
Jolly
252 Attack, 4 Def, 252 Speed

--Stealth Rock
--Taunt
--Whirlwind
--Stone Edge

So this is just the standard suicide lead Aero that we all know and love. Originally I was running the Uber Attacking Lead Scizor and it was just a complete waste of party space. I wasn't getting rocks up early enough and I wasn't getting any great damage off with it. Now I get rocks up first turn unless they are running Deoxys attack or speed. In that case I will just stone edge and hope for the best. Sash is for obvious reasons. It gives me that turn to set up rocks and I am alright with losing aero right away because he really doesn't bring too much else to the table.

Earthquake/ stone edge seems to be a much better combo in OU because I never find myself using EQ on this guy. I was looking at something like ice fang to help against rayquaza leads but I think in the end that will just be a wast of time. Whirlind is a great possibility because that would help me rack up some much needed SR damage and help me scout a little more which is never a bad thing.

The site has stone edge/rock slide in that moveslot and I went with stone edge because everything is so stacked in Ubers I need every damage point that I can get and 80% accuracy isn't that bad in the big picture.

Whirlwind was added to mess with deoxys leads and scout a little bit. I know that this is not reliable because of aero's terrible defenses but has been surprisingly effective against pokes who think they can set up on me. This was not an essential change but I never found myself using earthquake so I thought mixing things up would be nice.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Relaxed
252 HP, 112 Attack, 144 Def

--Rapid Spin
--Spikes
--Explosion
--Payback

Registeel was replaced by Forretress because I was getting destroyed by entry hazards. Forretress can also take dragon moves decently and set up spikes. I usually only get a layer up but that is enough to be annoying along with the rocks. His explosion is not really strong enough to hurt anything too much and there are so many steel resists that it is almost a wasted move but it does allow me a free switch in. I had no idea whether to go with gyro ball or payback in the last slot. I only went with payback because I figured it would give me better coverage against all of the psychics, but since they all carry flamethrower it is kind of a total waste. Blissey has been able to handle rayquaza just fine without regi's help so he is not really missed too much. I am thinking about putting stealth rocks in place of payback just so if aero gets taunted or if they are spinned away I can keep laying them up. I went with the physical variant because I already had Blissey for a special wall.

Lady Heracross @ Expert Belt
Guts
Adamant
96 HP, 252 Attack, 160 Speed

--Megahorn
--Close Combat
--Stone Edge
--Sleep Talk

Smogon, I would marry this thing if it would have me. Freaking hilarious. This is my major Darkrai counter. That thing always dark voids first turn so I switch into hera, grab my guts boost, and then sleep talk away. I don't know if SE OHKO's Darkrai but I know that the other two do. This thing will also put a hurting on anything that tries to switch in. Unfortunately she is pretty slow and not too bulky so other than Darkrai she doesn't get to shine too much. I am not totally positive were I found that EV spread and in hindsight it doesn't seem to make too much sense to me but it does what I need it to do I guess. I don't know. Babble babble babble.

Expert belt is used so I can rest talk more than once and also to bluff a Band. Fire attacks at Hera are packaged, stamped, and mailed to:

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Mild
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 Sp. Def

--Explosion
--Earth Power
--Dragon Pulse
--Fire Blast

I used to have a scarf rachi in this spot but heatran seems to work hellabetter. I feel bad for cheating on rachi because we have a long history together of love and secret getaways to Bermuda listening to Jay Sean, but those days are over as I am now fooling around with a red-eyed, four-legged (BAN ME PLEASE). There is no real strategy behind this moveset other than do lots of damage really quick until they send in something with a ground move. Dragon pulse is great against, you guessed it, dragons. But the most use I have out of this is revenge killing groudons with Explosion. Seems like a total waste but Groudon with a swords dance or two is gg unless tran is still alive and ready to go boom. Scarf allows me to always outspeed and its lights out groudon. I can also bring tran in on a dialga using either fire blast or a dragon move. Scar Earth Power deals a boat load and that's all I really have to say about that.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Calm
252 Def, 84 Sp. Attack, 172 Sp. Def

--Softboiled
--Seismic Toss
--Ice Beam
--Toxic

I hate Blissey. I hate fighting Bliss and I hate using Bliss. This used to be a cleric Bliss that never seemed to do anything right. This set is right from the stategydex. The EV's allow me to take out a rayquaza that switches in as long as aero got rocks up. Seismic toss is my only other real option for damage since bliss's Atk stats are so tiny. Toxic was a life saver before I added tran because it was my only way to really hurt Groudon. That way he would only sweep 3/4 of my team rather than all of it. I have thought about removing the toxic and soft boiled and making this a protect/wish passer but the jury is still out. Her main job is just to switch in on special attacks that my scarf users cannot take. This isn't a stall team so Bliss doesn't shine as much as she potentially could but making an OU stall team to stand up in Ubers is about as productive as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest. I am considering adding aromatherapy back into her set because I find myself getting paralyzed a lot and once darkrai is gone hera is usually still asleep, and even though the guts boost is nice I would rather be able to pick my move than just sleep talk.

Blissey also suffers a little from my last poke's sandstream. Bye bye leftovers recovery.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Sandstream
Jolly
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

--Stone Edge
--Pursuit
--Superpower
--Earthquake

I added tar because I needed a big, scary monster to stand up to all of the big scary monsters in Ubers. Not really, but moving on... This used to be a choice band set and it did not work at all. I didn't outspeed anything or live anything, therefore I didn't do any damage. (Impressed by my logic? I know you are. Don't lie.) Changing to a scarf may have been the best change I made to this team. I went with the adamant nature in order to hit as hard as I can and as far as I know I am not missing out on any benefits the jolly nature would provide. (Edit: Changed to Jolly nature in order to outspeed lati@s every time. To the furthest extent of my knowledge I am not missing out on any major KO's without the adamant nature.) I had crunch in place of EQ but I never found a use for it because no lati@s or mewtwo ever stayed in. Pursuit does its job perfectly enough so I added I went with what was familiar, EQ, in the last slot. This is gonna sound dumb but I was considering trying to make this a mixed scarf tar with Thunder for dealing with Kyogre but my common sense led me astray from that idea. Another possibility for that EQ spot would be outrage to help me deal with Palkia and Giratina because I have no real method of combating either of them at the moment. Crunch was added back in, this time in place of aqua tail because frankly aqua tail was never overly useful in the Ubers environment. So superpower has now replaced crunch. The only thing I had to scare Dialga was earthpower/fire blast on heatran, but now with superpower I can revenge kill or set up tran for the revenge kill.

Well that is my team. I realize that most of you won't even read this because I have no pictures and you will think that using OU's is dumb. I also realize that only like five percent of people who read this RMT will bother commenting. If you are one of those people belonging to the second group, please right something, even if it is only your opinion of how good looking I am. If you are afraid of sounding unintelligent feel free to PM your thoughts. If any of my judegments or calculations are incorrect please tell me. And if you are that moderator who doesn't think that this team is competitive: This is meant to competitive so please do not lock my thread. Thank you for your time. Once again, sorry for the lack of pictures.

Just the EV's on Tyranitar. I do believe you should use 252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 HP with Jolly Nature. Also, Aqual Tail isn't that helpful in Ubers as far as I can tell so replacing it with Crunch may be of great benefit.

Thanks bro. I had aqua tail on just for Groudon coverage but I rarely bring tar in on one so maybe crunch would be better in the long run, even if just for a more reliable STAB move

Just out of curiosity is there anything specific that I won't outspeed without a Jolly nature? I changed the EV's but I would like to keep the adamant nature unless the extra speed is vital to KO something in particular.

With max+ Speed, you outspeed any non-scarfed Base Speed 115 Pokemon. That's the primary objective of Jolly and 252 Speed EVs.

So I ran some stat calculations and max speed is the way to go. adamant nature won't let me outspeed lati@s or lugia assuming they max speed. I calculated some of my more common matchups and I am not losing out on any major KO's by dropping the adamant nature. Thank you for steering me in that direction.

I've been playtesting tonight and I have made some major changes. Entry hazards became a huge problem as did dialga. Changes made will be put in bold above.

Just to help you out with the pictures issue, as far as I know if you just copy and paste the pictures off the internet you should be able to get them.

Specs Kyogre ohkoes the entire team while Blissey is 2hkoed. If it's a boosting tank Kyogre, you are 6-0ed what can your team do to bulky kygore? Your heatran doesnt even outrun Mewtwo, Shaymin-s and Darkrai meaning they will KO you before you can do the same with Fire blasts. You are using no ubers and playing on the Uber tier, good attempt but your Forretress spread isnt even good for ubers, that's for OU Forretress, lol.

Needs some quagsires otherwise, kyogre blitzes your team. Forry needs 252HP/252SDef spread. You might want a jirachi too to help against mewtwo and frailer sweepers over heatran to be able to deal with latias, mewtwo, etc. Btw, trickroom, didn't you make an OU team in ubers before? that team was cool!

Thanks for the comments guys. You guys are 100% right about ogre. My only real strategy was to paralyze it and hope that i would get some hax. I can't believe I never thought about quagsire. @calze6: do you have any EV/moveset ideas for quagsire? i have mixed feelings about rachi. I went with heatran because I needed a fast, strong explosion to take out groudon. I never use it against mewtwo, shaymin-s, or darkrai. hera shuts down most darkrai, and aero handles lead shaymin pretty well. mewtwo is a poke i really have no plan against but I haven't run into too many lately. i see that rachi could help in some aspects but i see taking out groudon to be a priority above mewtwo.

thanks for the forry ev's. is the moveset alright or do i need to tweak that too?

Jirachi can deal with all the faster, frailer pokes easily with the wish or sub wave set (see my analysis in C&C). With quagsire, just use a 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD EV spread.

i'll try to test all of these changes in the next few days. my only question now is where to put quagsire. i really don't see anyone who can easily be replaced

^ and then replace explosion with rocks because i plan on dropping the atk ev's?

i'll try my best to do some testing tonight so that i can update the team above

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)