Strategy & Metagame Teambuilding in ORAS Ubers

Malley

Dominachu
Hi,

I'd like to write a fairly broad article on the basics of teambuilding in ORAS Ubers, taking in general teambuilding principles, various playstyles, and an overview of the threats to build around.

General principles would be things like maintaining momentum, using offensive and defensive cores, ensuring proper coverage, etc.

With the playstyles I would introduce the main ones - hyper offence, bulky offence, balance, and stall - and talk about the different tactics needed to play with each of them, e.g. the disparate importances of risk and reward in hyper offence vs. stall.

And in the overview of threats I would explain that Ubers is kind of ridiculous right now in the amount of offensive pressure going around, and detail the absolute basics needed to deal with every major threat on a single team - e.g. have a Sleep Talker, Magic Bouncer, or Deo-S for Darkrai; have some combination of Lugia, Ho-Oh, SpDef Primal Groudon, Klefki, etc. for GeoXern - and then talk about how to fit them into the various playstyles.

I am a pretty experienced with ORAS Ubers, and in particular with teambuilding. A few prominent players - Lord Outrage, Krauersaut, and absdaddy off the top of my head - can back me up that I'm a good battler, and I peaked at #17 without too much hassle (lost once and gave up). Evidence of my building is in some of the teams I've made (4 near-optimised, perhaps 5 more ladder-viable, mostly bulky offence but also with a bit of HO and some stall - I can send them if you need) and in my rates, which I have started doing recently.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/need-help-peak-1400s.3533832/#post-6137690

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-medicine-ditto-edition.3533906/#post-6136676

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ubers-hyper-offense-team.3533489/#post-6136478

Finally, without meaning to sound too conceited, I am a very good prose writer. I am near the top of my advanced-level creative-non-fiction writing class at university, and I also write academic essays and literary fiction, so I know how to adjust my tone to fit the piece. Incidentally, I'm also interested in joining your grammar/prose team, if there is an opening.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Thanks.

Tagging Melee Mewtwo, shrang, and Sweep for their input on this. To me, the content looks solid but might be a little broad for just one article.

About GP, you can head over to the C&C forum and follow the guidelines there, especially this thread and this one. More or less, see examples of how the other members do their checks and start by doing amchecks (amateur checks) of analyses, which the other GP members can approve. Once you've done x number of successful checks, you can contact a mod who'll add you to the team. For The Smog, I'm probably the best person to contact as I'm the only active member of the staff team right now who does GP checks, and likewise, after you get access to the AW, you can start by doing amchecks of articles in the Grammar stage and tag me so I can look over them. We can never really have too much help, so I hope that helps!

Sorry, I shouldn't be tagged for oras ubers stuff. I should have probably passed you guys a memo regarding that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)