The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
just humour him rey

remind me nos, which one of us was in the relegation zone last season...?

Can I point out that any opinions put forward by user: nosferalto are not a true reflection of the rest of the LFC fans, we aren't all retards :(

That being said, we do need a solid left back, I haven't seen enrique play much, but hopefully he can adapt to the role and fit in, just hope Kelly still gets to play regularly, what with Johnson presumably keeping his RB role.

he is plotting revenge as we speak, expect casualties via darts to happen soon in eastlands

fantasy:

begovic

kompany/hangeland/vidic

thomas/etherington/downing/jarvis

odemwingie/carroll/van persie

subs: ruddy/simpson/dyer/huth

wow just noticed every midfielder i have is a winger

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
joined league with the team WHY DO MY EYES HURT

got most of who i wanted, disappointed that baines was 9. just a quick question for bartman, do you know if petrov will start regularly?

captain gonna change to suarez, bent vice

hahahaha bbc sport headline: 'Leroy Lita completes Swansea City switch from Middlesbrough'. always thought lita was shite

Baines is 8 btw. But yes.. hes pricey as hell.

your team is pretty solid.. better than i did. idk how you made that work, i felt like i couldn't afford any combination of players i wanted.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
just a quick question for bartman, do you know if petrov will start regularly?
Well, Owen Coyle seemed to have a bit of a fall-out with Petrov at the end of last season and played Taylor a lot instead, but he's gone to West Ham. So now his only real competition, at the moment, for starting on the left is our loyal Jamaican Ricardo Gardner, but he can also play Left-back or centre-midfield. So, all in all, I'd say unless he gets injured Martin Petrov will start pretty much all of our league games. He's also been playing in most of our pre-season friendlies, so I believe he and Coyle are getting on fine now.

P.S. On a slightly unrelated topic, anyone else notices that the four players Sam Allardyce has signed was West Ham ALL used to play for Bolton at some point; those being Kevin Nolan, Abdoulaye Faye, Joey O'Brien and Matty Taylor. I know that he managed the first 3 while he was at Bolton, but I'm not sure about Taylor. But for Christ Sake Big Sam, do you have to buy all your old players back? He's done that wherever he's been, a lot with El-Hadji Diouf, but I'm getting a bit tired of it now. I reckon he's slightly afraid to buy 'unknown' players, even more at West Ham now he has such a huge burden upon himself. He admitted that he'll get the sack if they fail to get promoted this season. To conclude simply, Big Sam should take some more risks in the players he buys (buying great players is what makes great managers) and stop resting on his laurels and using old Bolton players as fall-backs. Fin.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
I think Bolton are gonna struggle badly this year they finished last year on a whimper and lost lee for the season.
True we did lose our last 5 games in a row, and loosing Lee is a huge blow, but come-on man, we signed Nigel Reo-Coker and Chris Eagles. We're also in the hunt for SWP from City. And, even so, we're still better than the likes of Wigan (bottom side this year I reckon) who lost N'Zogbia to Villa, Swansea, QPR, Wolves, maybe Norwich (personally I think they'll do rather well this season) etc.

Anyhow; my league predictions

1. Chelsea/Man City/Man Utd (really can't pick between the 3)
2. Chelsea/Man City/Man Utd
3. Chelsea/Man City/Man Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
8. Sunderland
9. Fulham
10. Aston Villa
11. Stoke
12. West Brom
13. Norwich
14. Newcastle
15. Bolton
16. Blackburn
17. Wolves
18. QPR
19. Swansea
20. Wigan

Also, emerging news, Alberto Aquilani has been offered a lifeline by Daglish

See here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14393884.stm

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My Fantasy Football Team:

Hart
Hughes Kompany A.Cole
N'Zogbia T.Cahill Modric Jarvis
K.Davis
Suárez Rooney

Ruddy ; de Laet ; S.Kelly ; S.Ferguson​

They'll probably be a few changes soon, I want to look into a really strong midfield player. I have a few already, but I don't see the Lampard's and Gerrard's of old really bossing it any more. Fabregas will probably leave, I'm not sure how Nasri will do.. So I'm going to wait for now.

Adebayor, who has publicly declared his wish to join Real Madrid, has been told by Cristiano Ronaldo there is no place for him at the Bernabeu Stadium.

The Togolese striker, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Real, has been training with the youth team since returning to City.

Ronaldo said. “We are happy with the line-up as it already is.”
Sorry Ade, Ronaldo says no.

Lol, other than lee and rey, people really need to stop getting all worked up about what I say because I'm not really being serious about it. I'm just teasing lee over arguments we've had over and over again (and its working)

Also, Jovanovic is gone to anderlecht. That's 60-120k off the wage bill. Felt a bit sorry for him because he always gave his all and never really insulted the club after he was frozen out. Best of luck in the future milan

wasn't aquilani close to a move to fiorentina? or did it crash or something?

anyway, Liverpool might be a bit short on depth up front....imagine if suarez or carroll went down and they have to play ngog or pacheco(better than ngog, but still unproven). could also use a defender also, dont expect agger and aurelio to play 20 league games

seems that ever since big sam left a lot of people predict trouble for bolton at the beginning of every season, yet every year they get away. I personally think the late season slump was mostly due to the fa cup semi crushing, I mean, arsenal had their own slump after the league cup, and bolton had nothign to play for after that anyway. I think they will end up...say 12th or 13th ish.

Daily Mail made me freak out today. It reported that Norwich captain Grant Holt transferred to Leicester for 2m. It was bullshit and they have now deleted the article.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Bartman how can you possibly count Man C as a club that could win the PL this coming season.Basically what's wrong with your prediction is:

Man C won't go above 3rd place
Arsenal won't go above 5th more so if fabregas leaves;they're a mess
Liverpool will probably qualify for CL this season

Chelsea will win it this season i'm sure of it.It's going to be more likely that we'll win it if we land modric i just hope we do we have the money after all.Also fuck you Man Utd. your not getting sniejder he's better off at inter.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Bartman how can you possibly count Man C as a club that could win the PL this coming season.Basically what's wrong with your prediction is:

Man C won't go above 3rd place
Arsenal won't go above 5th more so if fabregas leaves;they're a mess
Liverpool will probably qualify for CL this season

Chelsea will win it this season i'm sure of it.It's going to be more likely that we'll win it if we land modric i just hope we do we have the money after all.Also fuck you Man Utd. your not getting sniejder he's better off at inter.
I'll be the one laughing at you come the end of the season, 100% guaranteed.

We've (Bolton) also lost another guy to a broken leg. Right-Back Tyrone Mears was injured in training, less than 2 weeks after we bought him from Burnley...

Arsenal are clearly gonna win the PL this season. Walcott will finally turn into Henry v2 after all these years, Gervinho will turn into Henry v3 and Ryo Miyaichi Henry v4. Van Persie will be averaging 2.5 goals a game as usual except without the injuries while Ramsey and Wilshere will be doing what can only be described as football kama sutra in the middle of the pitch... Wenger will hire killer robot defenders (pfft... who needs Jagielka) and besides, Szcezcesnzcesczny is like Machamp in goals anyway. We just need Scott Parker to form that perfect kama sutra triangle. Honestly why won't Wenger sign Parker ffs...

In the league as Bham Busters

Hart (C)
Luiz - Hughes - Rafael
Wilshere - Kalou - Kuyt - Jarvis
Suarez(V) - Hernandez - Gyan

Subs: Schwarzer - Tiote - Bramble - Alcaraz

Got Hart in as Captain, safe choice for his first game against Norwich methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)