ORAS Ubers The 2nd Law (Hyper Offense)

Cynara

Banned deucer.

After seeing a lack of Ubers RMTs, I finally decided to showcase one of my favourite Hyper Offensive builds in ORAS Ubers. The team itself is pretty standard outside a few sets, the main goal of this RMT is help newer users to understand the metagame.

Teambuilding Thought Process

I started the team with Swords Dance Arceus-Ghost and Life Orb Darkrai because they have good offensive synergy, SD Ghostceus is a very potent sweeper and a good offensive answer to anything Darkrai generally dislikes such as strong priority from the likes of E-Killer Arceus, while Darkrai can help with Ghostceus's weakness to Yveltal/Ghost-Normal Cores, and create setup opportunities being able to force opposing teams to fodder at least one pokemon to sleep with Dark Void. I also wanted to build a hyper offensive team with these two pokemon for a while. However when I got further into the build, I was too weak yveltal and Salamence, so I ammended this with a Life Orb Stone Edge E Killer.

I needed an offensive answer to opposing Darkrai and wanted something that could break balance unboosted and I didnt really want to use Scarf Xerneas over Geomancy Xerneas later on in the build, so I chose Life orb Deoxys-Attack.

I absolutely needed an answer to Primal Groudon and Ho-oh, So I added Dragon Dance Mega-Salamence with Facade. Facade Mence also helps with bulkier builds that tend to carry status aswell as sacred fire burns and smacks walls when statused even unboosted. Intimidate also helps Salamence check SD arceus formes like E killer and Groundceus

I was pretty weak to Xerneas, especially scarf and geomancy, Klefki also posed an annoyance being able to cripple all my mons with thunder-wave I also needed a Stealth Rocks setter that can get rocks up consistently verus Magic Bouncers, so I added a offensive Stealth Rocks thunder-wave Primal Groudon.

Despite having Stone Edge Arceus/Thunder Darkrai, the team is still struggles with Yveltal and I needed a strong sweeper/breaker that would give the team a decent defensive backbone and support if needed, so Aromatherapy Geomancy Xerneas was added.

Under the Microscope

Isolated System (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This used to be an Arceus-Ghost, though I revised the build later on in the team process and decided I needed E killer, to help justify the weakness to Salamence-Mega and Yveltal, so I chose LO Stone Edge to hit both of these targets, Lugia is also OHKO'd after rocks at +2 with edge, something shadow claw Arceus fails to do. Arceus is a good revenge killer due to it's access to strong priority. Earthquake is to hit Groudon harder aswell as being able to damage klefki,

Follow Me (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot

Darkrai is an absolute monster in the current metagame, Darkrai provides a good offensive synergy with Arceus it's ability to potentially cripple an opposing pokemon is very threatening. Set is pretty standard Life orb Nasty Plot Darkrai, Threatening to every archtype, especially Balances. Thunder helps Darkrai deal with common sleep talk users such as Kyogre and Ho-Oh, while OHKOing standard Diancie-Mega, Defensive Yveltal and Support Arceus-Water at +2 and the ability to hit klefki for neutral damage is also nice.
Thunder allows Darkrai a way around it's more common checks while still hitting xerneas which is great boon over sludge bomb, However at the cost of shaky accuracy, but it's superior right now.

Madness (Deoxys-Attack) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off / Ice Beam
- Superpower

Deoxys serves as a Darkrai anti-lead and has a good matchup vs opposing offense teams lacking a scarf user due to the limited switch ins, strong revenge killer, however has to be careful of priority. Deoxys-Attack hits so damn hard with Psycho Boost, tearing offense and balance apart whenever it is able to come in. this Pokemon has been in increasing in popularity lately for good reason. I'm on the fence about the set, however Psycho Boost Superpower Extreme Speed are Mandatory in the current metagame in my opinion. I prefer knock off to not having to Psycho Boost Gengar and the ability to Knock off Power Herbs from Xerneas / OHKO Lati@s is always nice.

If you plan on running Ice Beam use a Rash nature with 236 Speed and 20 Attack Evs, to ensure you still outpace +Speed base 130's, Current Evs are basically standard, outpacing base Mega Mewtwo Y.

Supremacy (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Double-Edge
- Roost

I needed a check to Primal Groudon (mainly Offensive Variants) and an answer Ho-Oh as well as a secondary wall breaker that can absorb status, Mega Salamence is the perfect candidate for the job, EV Spread is pretty standard. Mega Salamence can help break anything and isnt crippled with status significantly thanks to facade, Facade hits hard even without a dragon dance boost allowing it to break common walls such as Support Arceus formes and lugia after rocks. Double Edge is to break when not under status. Salamence can also check various other physical threats such as Groundceus and E killer thanks to intimidate

Unsustainable (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 136 HP / 192 Atk / 96 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Primal Groudon is on almost every ORAS Ubers build, I needed an effective answer to Xerneas, Evs are quite unique as I wanted to have a offensive Stealth Rock Primal Groudon, Evs allow it to live a +2 Xerneas Focus Blast / HP Ground and a +1 Adamant double edge from mence after rocks, Offensive Primal-Groudon also helps vs Kyogre, Evs creeping defensive Yveltal to get a thunder wave off, aswell for opposing Rock Polish Groudons who tend to creep the standard set. Attack Evs are to ensure Groudon can effectively do enough damage to rest talk xerneas followed by an Extreme speed from Arceus to Knock it out, otherwise it can threaten a sweep.

Liquid State (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 200 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Standard Geomancy Aromatherapy Xerneas fits here exceptionally well, Xerneas also gives the team a decent defensive backbone for a hyper offensive team aswell as being a very potent sweeper, Aromatherapy can support the team and to free xerneas from status and allow it to somewhat beat klefki in certain situations. Hidden Power Rock's only target is Ho-oh, Xerneas rarely needs anyother coverage in the current metagame.

Isolated System (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Follow Me (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot

Madness (Deoxys-Attack) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Supremacy (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Double-Edge
- Roost

Unsustainable (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 136 HP / 192 Atk / 96 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Liquid State (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 200 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Conclusion
Not much else to the say about the team, it's a pretty standard hyper offense team, a well played Xerneas (especially rest talk geomancy) can be Threatening. I hope you enjoyed the RMT.

Last edited:
I suggest replacing Deoxys with Dialga and running a more offensive Primal Groudon set, I'm not currently seeing any reliable way other than revenge killing to deal with Darkrai/Mega Salamence; Dialga checks the latter and can also take a +2 eq from ekiller and offers more defensive synergy overall. I feel you're overtaxing Groudon to check both Kyogre and Xerneas, which is difficult even for a ~max spdef set to accomplish. I don't see Deo serving any other purpose than a revenge killer rn. I also don't feel the speed control is necessary, although if you're worried about that replacing Arceus-Ghost with ekiller could work, to make up for the loss of priority with Dialga and dealing better with Darkrai and also Yveltal, to an extent; you have no method of hazard control and Oblivion Wing is a 2hko after rocks a vast majority of the time.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I suggest replacing Deoxys with Dialga and running a more offensive Primal Groudon set, I'm not currently seeing any reliable way other than revenge killing to deal with Darkrai/Mega Salamence; Dialga checks the latter and can also take a +2 eq from ekiller and offers more defensive synergy overall. I feel you're overtaxing Groudon to check both Kyogre and Xerneas, which is difficult even for a ~max spdef set to accomplish. I don't see Deo serving any other purpose than a revenge killer rn. I also don't feel the speed control is necessary, although if you're worried about that replacing Arceus-Ghost with ekiller could work, to make up for the loss of priority with Dialga and dealing better with Darkrai and also Yveltal, to an extent; you have no method of hazard control and Oblivion Wing is a 2hko after rocks a vast majority of the time.
EDIT: For the sake of prosperity of helping newer users with ubers, I have standardised my RMT and gone with my E killer variant of the build as it's more up to date unlike the Ghostceus team and revised the RMT post to reflect these changes. The ghostceus team is difficult for newer players to use and one of the intention of this RMT.

Regarding the ghostceus build

As you could probably tell this is one of my much older builds when I was newish to the tier and maybe I would be more obligied to share my tournaments play teams after seasonal, the ghostceus one was more for ladder play , it's strong versus common builds found on the ladder, but the team isnt solely intended for ladder either.

Im aware of the advantages dialga/other suggestions would give me, though I already have teams that I built with the suggestions you proposed. Most of these are tournaments teams and I will be more obliged to share more successful teams after seasonals, however some are modified teams of already existing builds (example Lord outrages) the largest problem I had with a RMT was rating a build without being accussed of being X Players build, though I do have teams to share that i've built in the distant future.

Salamence is annoying for this team fsr though its manageable imo and you have to play around it and a well played mence is threatening, replacing Darkrai for dialga is another suggestion because of metagame trends of Hyper offensive builds right now.

Thank you for your rate

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)