The 6 Gods

Hey guys :D I'm here to present to you a RMT. I call them the 6 gods cuz they're all named after mythology gods. I am making this team on Pokemon Showdown and I wanna get as much feedback as I can and make a final team so I can start breeding on my Pokemon Y. This is an offensive team that focuses on covering each other's weaknesses mostly. Enjoy and rate my team, and help if you can please :)

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

I am planning to build a team based on Blaziken because I just wanna try out how good a Speed Boost Blaziken can really be in the OU metagame in 6th gen.

I got Magnezone because I am aware of the counters against Blaziken such as Azumarill and Slowbro. I know how Azumarill can use Superpower but I feel like Magnezone is a necessary component to my team.

Mamoswine can give really good coverage against the ground type pokemon thats a threat to Blaziken and Magnezone. Not to mention it's a good pokemon against Gliscor and common dragons like Garchomp, Noivern, Salamence and Dragonite.

A fairy type pokemon is always a good addition to any team. Not ot mention a great counter to Fighting type pokemon that's a huge threat to Mamoswine and Magnezone. As bulky as a Togekiss can be, and considering how much damage it can deal, I mean, why not?

I've always dreamed of using a Clawitzer, as underrated as he is. I also need a general water type pokemon. Since Clawitzer can learn so many different type moves, I guess I might as well take him in as a good coverage. He isn't to be underestimated.

All I need here now is a good lead. I've seen many good annoying Klefki leads. Might as well try one.

THE 6 GODS

Apollo (Blaziken) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Protect
- Swords Dance

This guy is the team's main sweeper. Protect for a free speed boost is not to be underestimated. I've tried Adamant Nature and in critical situations, after one Protect it doesn't give me the speed I need. I figured I'd try a Jolly Nature. Swords Dance is kind of a risk, I would use it if I'm trying to predict for a switch, unless I predicted a pokemon like an Azumarill or a Slowbro, I would definitely switch. Flare Blitz and High Jump Kick is self-explanatory. Sweeper moves that's strong enough to kill almost any pokemon. Adding on the Blazikenite just makes his sweeping skills just that much stronger.

Zeus (Magnezone) @ Air Baloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire

This guy serves not only as a pokemon to cover other gods' weaknesses, but he also serves as a Steel type trapper. Whenever pokemon like Ferrothorn comes out, all I have to do is send this guy out, and own that Ferrothorn with a god darn Hidden Power. This pokemon is also my only counter to Fairy type pokemon so he's a huge addition to my team. Air Balloon is of course for any Steel type pokemon that knows Earthquake, so that I don't get killed.

Boreas (Mamoswine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

My Dragon type counters. This guy is the real deal. Boreas can take any hit at least once, and he can even take a Talonflame on with ease, and I HATE Gale Wing Talonflames. This guy just forces a Flare Blitz out of Talonflame, so it's not prioritized. Either way it's the same, he's still faster, but this guy can take on a Flare Blitz no problem, ending the fight with Stone Edge. Mamoswine is just a beast when it comes to taking the damage he needs to take to win. Ice Shard serving as a good priority STAB move against Dragon types and Gliscor. Icicle Crash and Earthquake are just standard STAB moves that I expect a ton of damage out of. Simply amazing.

Theia (Togekiss) @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 SpD
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Another bulky pokemon. I think I've fallen in love with them. They're just too strong. With the addition of Roost to this set, bulky pokemon has become even scarier. Not to mention having Nasty Plot is just a killer on this pokemon. Having a Fairy type pokemon gives you tons of advantages, like turning Outraging pokemon into completely useless pokemon. Seriously. Outrage? No problem, switch to Togekiss and you are done with your rampage. Air Slash and Dazzling Gleam is also self-explanatory, regular STAB moves.

Phorcys (Clawitzer) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse

This pokemon is so godly. I don't even know where to start. He's a beast. What can I say, and underestimated beast. Phorcys is a name of the Greek mythology god of the hidden dangers of the deep. This Mega Launcher dude has completely maximized the power of his ability with his available movepool. Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse. This great coverage for all these type on one pokemon, and with Mega Launcher, all of these abilities exceed 100 power. It might lack speed, but Choice Scarf covers everything, and it just kills everyone in it's way. It is simply just an underestimated beast.

Portunes (Klefki) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Swagger
- Foul Play

Portunes is my lead. Before I used Klefki, I never knew he was THIS strong. A Prankster Thunder Wave and Swagger, into Foul Play is just so deadly. I don't even know how many pokemon I killed with this combo. Normally I would just want a regular entry hazards setter, but this is just different. He is a BEAST. As tanky as he is, he can take other Klefkis easily too. Focus Sash is good enough to block Earthquakes and get an extra Spike in. This thing is just OP.

Thanks guys for reading this! Please give me some good feedback on this team and I'll see what I can do with the gods! :D​

You have a pretty big Azumarill hole consisting of Blasiken, Mamoswine, and Magnezone. Try out Trevenant, Azumarill can't touch it.

You should consider replacing clawitzer with Scouting Rotom-W. Yes you'll lose some damage presence but the rest of your team is balanced enough to cope with all of the pokemon Claw covers. Not only would you gain access to Volt-turn, Your other leads would gain some breathing space (a godsend in the case of boosting Blaziken).

You have a pretty big Azumarill hole consisting of Blasiken, Mamoswine, and Magnezone. Try out Trevenant, Azumarill can't touch it.
I was thinking of a Grass/Poison type pokemon for it like Venusaur or something but it leaves another hole for Slowbro or Slowking. But Trevenant seems like a good choice :D I might consider it. But really, my Mamoswine and Togekiss always wins against an Azumarill for some reason. Maybe it's their bulkiness but they still win

You should consider replacing clawitzer with Scouting Rotom-W. Yes you'll lose some damage presence but the rest of your team is balanced enough to cope with all of the pokemon Claw covers. Not only would you gain access to Volt-turn, Your other leads would gain some breathing space (a godsend in the case of boosting Blaziken).
I'll have a think about that. Cuz Clawitzer is contributing to the team so well I dont want to lose him haha :D

Super minor nitpick: I think you should add a line of description to each Pokemon concerning which god they are named after (like you did with Phorcys).

OK, onto the the more serious advice.

1) You have no form of hazard control, and Blaziken, Togekiss, and Piloswine are all weak to Stealth Rock.
2) Talonflame presents a huge problem to this team, as Klefki, Piloswine, and Magnezone are all vulnerable to Fire, and Blaziken is easily killed with a priority Brave Bird/Acrobatics. Due to Piloswine's bulk, he may be able to weather a hit and strike back with Stone Edge, but Stone Edge is not a guaranteed hit.
3) As mentioned above, Azumarill gives you problems as well.
4) Rotom-W can really put the hurt on this team as well, as it can take a hit from Blaziken and OHKO with Hydro Pump. Clawitzer and Togekiss are weak to electric. Mamoswine is vulnerable to Will-O-Wisp as a physical attacker, and he can't hit Rotom-W with any supereffective moves, as Rotom-W levitates.

Solution for #1) You may want to consider replacing Clawitzer with Mega-Blastoise and changing Blaziken to Blaziken @ Life Orb. IMHO, Mega-Blaziken is not THAT much better than normal Blaziken, since his ability (Speed Boost) stays the same. Mega-Blastoise is arguably one of the best Rapid Spinners out there, and shares Clawitzer's Mega Launcher ability (so you could keep basically the same moveset, except for that one move would be Rapid Spin instead. You could also replace Roost on Togekiss with Defog.

Solution for #2) If you replace Stone Edge or Icicle Crash on Piloswine with Stealth Rock, Talonflame gets knocked down to 50% on entry.

Solution for #3) Already discussed.

Solution for #4) Trevenant would also greatly help with one, as Rotom-W is only weak to grass, and is infinitely walled by a Sub/Protect/Sitrus Harvest Trevenant.

1) M-Blaziken is a weak use of Mega when Life Orb is very close to the same thing.
2) Besides Ice Shard from Mamo your lacking in the ability to revenge kill things.
3) Azumaril, Rotom-W, Talonflame, Greninja checks the team hard
4) Megas like Kang and Lucario can easily break the whole team minus Blaziken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)