SM OU The Answer (from 1000 to 1400 with 1 loss)

Hey guys,

My name is Marchan, I'm a dirty casual pokemon player, that spends some dead time at work building pokemon teams and failing miserably with all of them...
Until today!

Today I managed to come up with a team that got me to 1400 (I know its nothing special, but I really mean it when I say dirty casual), With only one loss!

I named it "The Answer" because it can answer most of the mons that cause me trouble at my low ranking of 1300-1400, so off we go!

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off / U-Turn

- This is a pokemon I had never used before in any of the teams that I built (I tend to hate anything that is 4x weak to fire, as I get Heatran every other match), but I'm starting to love this guy. I feel like Mega-Scizor is an extremely effective physical defensive option while being resistant to a lot of common special attackers typing like Psychic and Fairy. It can Roost Earthquakes all day, It can revenge kill with BP, It can sweep weakened teams later in the game. I love this guy.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes

- I don't think I need to explain too much when it come to Pex. He is disgusting, I feel bad for using him, but I need the guy in my team. It switches on some of the most threatening mons in the meta (Volcarona, Clefable, Charizards, Greninja etc...).

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

- This guy I feel like he is the most flexible mon on my team, I needed a rock-setter and I always like to have a STAB Earthquake to deal with Pex and Heatran. I take Rockium Z for key pick ups on resistant types (especially after swords dance, the damage is nasty). It's resistance to fire is also helpful since I have quite a bit of fire weakness on my team and he is an awesome answer to unsuspecting Zapdos switch-ins.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

- I initially put this guy on my team just to deal with all the freaking Hawluchas and so far I'm loving it. He switches well into Celesteela which I find disgusting, deals with Ferrothorn, Kartana and even Z Lando/Lando that doesn't run stone move. Heat Wave's damage vs sun teams also has caught a lot of opponents off guard, and Discharge is just so good on switch-ins with that sweet sweet 30% paralyze chance.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

- I like to trap Psychic-Types, and between this guy and Weavile I'm not sure who to chose. Both are weak to a lot of the meta and I feel like this spot could be taken by other mons, but so far Tyranitar has been great and Pursuit trapping Psychic types and even Heatran as they usually switch out of Tyranitar.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

- This is the cleanup lady, my only truly offensive mon and an extremely effective sweeper. She is a great revenge killer and will most likely only be used late game in most matches. Together with Scizor she gets rid of important items with knock-off as it forces many switches.

Overall I feel like this is a very defensive team, that focus on wearing down the opponent to then clean them up with Kartana. It has its weaknesses like the lack of pivoting, lack of Dragon checking (solved with Weavile instead of T-Tar). I'm more than open to suggestions on what to change as I lack a lot of experience and love to theorycraft in all games I play. So far I only saved one replay and I'll add more as time passes (I'd like to remind everyone that I'm no pro, and I'm sure you'll see a lot of mistakes while I'm playing).

The team: https://pokepast.es/549fa2df94bf1cde

Replays (will add more)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-994646515

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)