The Battle Spot Ladder Challenge!

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi everyone, my name is CoolStoryBrobat, and this is the Battle Spot Ladder Challenge! To cut to the chase, this challenge will be hosted on Pokemon Showdown!, focusing on the XY Battle Spot Singles, Doubles, Triples, and XY Battle Spot Special formats. While it seems weird that a challenge in a format centered primarily around battling on Wi-Fi is using a Battle Simulator, it's much easier to both keep track of participants as well as make it as easy as possible for players to create and battle with their own teams straight away.

How to participate:

Simply post in this thread posting a clean alternate account for Pokemon Showdown made specifically for this challenge, listing the username and format(s) you wish to ladder in. Your accounts can be anything you want (as long as they're appropriate and follow PS' username guidelines), so long as the letters "BSL" are placed in front. (It stands for Battle Spot Ladder if that wasn't obvious enough)

Example:
username: BSL Brobat
format: XY Battle Spot Singles, XY Battle Spot Doubles, XY Battle Spot Triples, XY Battle Spot Special
edit: THE BSL TAG MUST BE IN YOUR USERNAME THAT YOU REGISTER FOR THIS CHALLENGE. ANY PARTICIPANTS LACKING THIS WILL NOT HAVE THEIR SCORES COUNTED.

How do I win?

Simply ladder! Play battles in your respective chosen formats, and bring your score up as high as possible. You have the entire month of August to get your score as high as possible on each ladder. The top registered player on each ladder will be granted Voice (+) status on the Battle Spot Channel of Pokemon Showdown! If a player who happens to have Voice status or higher achieves the top ranking on one of the ladders, the first runner up without status will receive the prize. So this is incentive for everyone to put in and do your best this month!

Ladder rankings are not to be posted in this thread; on September 19th at 11:59 PM EST, the ladders will be checked and players will receive prizes accordingly.

In order to participate, players MUST post in this thread with the account/formats being used. Any alts on the ladder not registered in this thread will NOT be eligible to win. If you wish to change the format(s) you sign up for, just edit your post.

Good luck, and have fun, everybody!

Last edited:

Kie

big
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Username: BSL CC
Format: XY Battle Spot Singles, XY Battle Spot Doubles, XY Battle Spot Triples

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: BSL ethan06
Format: Battle Spot Singles (may update more but this is the one I want to improve in so...)

Last edited:

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
BSL UCN
Format: XY Battle Spot Singles, XY Battle Spot Doubles, Triples

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)