Pokémon The Best Fairy Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people forget that whimsicott got retconned.

Both Whimsicott and Gardevoir are the sort of lower-tier pokemon that can be perfectly successful in ou, but I'm not sure how the new typing helps whimsicott. Sure it gained an immunity, but one that is usually backed up by fire (and likely now with Steel), two of its weaknesses.

It will be a toss up between gardevoir, mawile and togekiss. My money is on mawile.

Also, lets not forget that it's reasonable to assume that there will be more fairies in December. I'll be a monkey's uncle if azelf and Uxie don't get retconned.

i like klefki for it amazing ability
i know hazards have been nerfed but you switch in on a dragon attack and you get up spikes on the probable switch out this puts pressure on the opponent to defog for a turn and possible remove hazards from your side as well

Clefable sounds interesting, Magic Guard+Instant Recovery(in form of Softboiled, and even dropping Lefties because Magic Guard and use LO)

I know it is hard to leave the 130 Sp. Def that Sylveon has but.... Magic Guard and Softboiled are just amazing.

I don't get the FLogres hate. The pokemon is beautiful, and it tanks things hard. Part of me wishes I had a Calm one instead of my current Gentle one... but I can live with a Gentle due to her SpD and SpA are so high.

And she doesn't just get Fairy and Grass moves. She learns Psychic, and Fairy/Psychic gets huge coverage. I am going to use MoonBlast, Psychic, Misty Terrain, and Wish so she can be both a Attacker and supporter. Misty Terrain helps the party even more with Dragon Coverage, even after she is gone.

However, she is hurt with no good 1v1 abilities.

Despite the fact that Togekiss is in my top 5 favourite Pokemon of all time, I'm reluctant to say that it will even be OU this gen. It now has a very nice 6 resistances+immunities, but unfortunately it also has like 5 weaknesses now which can be easily exploited. I don't know enough to really make a fair judgement but I think this isn't really something people considered.

Xerneas is the best by far, but as for pokmon who won't be ubers I would say azumarill. It is a very powerful pokemon and Water/fairy is a great typing with many useful resists. Togekiss is great too, perhaps better than azumarill.

togekiss seems very likely to reclaim its ou status. it comes with two immunties and a 4x fighting resist now instead of the rather useless normal typing, and it can fight steal types with its high powered aura sphere. I don't think we will see it carry any fairy moves though, the only dragon it would help against is garchomp because all others can be paralyzed. pretty much any dragon not running stone edge will be hopelessly walled by it.

Carbink occupies the great niche of being a rock with eyes.

Klefki's actually pretty insane too. It's the only Steel/Fairy besides Mawile, and unlike Mawile, it doesn't need to Mega-Evolve to carry its weight (not saying that it's bad because it relies on its Mega forme, but there are currently several superior Mega-mons to it)

Prankster + Spikes/Toxic/Substitute lets it reliably get 2+ layers of hazards up or use Toxic + Sub to wear down foes it can't directly beat. 10 resistances and 2 immunities for a Prankster user is absurd. Not to mention it gets dual screens and Thunder Wave.

Poor thing is hard countered by most Heatran, though.
I would love to see what Klefki could do with Torment/protect. If they switch then Twave. Dazzling gleam/Play Rough for an attack depending on which side you want to hit from.

Offensively speaking(in no order):

-Togekiss
-Gardevoir
-Azumarill
-Mawille(mega)

Defensively speaking:

-Togekiss
-Sylveon
-Florges
-Whimsicott(this thing has potential to be extremely relevant again)

Overall(in order):

-Togekiss(it has it all damn it..)
-Sylveon/Gardevoir/Florges/mawille(no matter how biased you are, neither of these mon's outclass each other as much as togekiss outclasses them. All four have very useful move-pools, and several play-style options. In particular, I'm biased towards sylveon, but I do understand that it is neither better, nor worse, then the other three by a huge margin. Regardless of this, all four can easily be considered among the best of fairies).
-Azumaril( Azmuarill is a great offensive pokemon, and that's basically it, IMO. It can provide you with that offensive fairy type coupled with a strong secondary typing, and priority, but it's overall team presence is lacking when the others above it can be just as offensive while also being very defensive with strong utility options.)
-Whimsicott(This thing might actually rise up for awhile considering the nature of it's move-pool, and ability. Early gen 5 it could wreck havoc on teams, and was eventually phazed out. the new fairy typing it was changed to with the coupled prankster ability gives it a whole new way to be approached, and played. Immunity to dragon, and spore, Whimsicott has the potential to be just annoying as it was before with out loosing it's relevance because of these new changes).

Honorable mentions:
Carbink
Clefable
Mr. Mime
Klefki

Last edited:
Togekiss with Galvantula or Shuckle to supply the Silly Strings is leagues better than paraflinch Togekiss.
Air Slash, Dazzling Gleam and either Fire Blast/Flamethrower and/or Aura Sphere provide amazing coverage. Flash Fire Heatran and Macargo are the only Pokemon who resist or are immune to Flying, Fairy and Fire, and I can't see many Macargos running around in OU or UU. I don't think Scizor or Metagross want to switch in to a Fire attack from Togekiss.

Some calcs using classic Togekiss sets with the base power nerfs:

0 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 360-428 (104.95 - 124.78%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 216 SpD Scizor: 288-340 (83.72 - 98.83%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
80 SpA Life Orb Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 164 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 281-333 (82.16 - 97.36%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
80+ SpA Life Orb Togekiss Aura Sphere vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 198-234 (56.41 - 66.66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Obviously, due to Sticky Web, Togekiss will be able to invest more in Sp.Atk due to not needing to max out its speed meaning a lot of his would be guaranteed 2HKOs would become OHKOs.
Togekiss, as well as Azumarill, and [Mega]Gardevoir will be the premier fairies in the OU meta, with the occasional Florges, Mega-Mawile, Whimsicott or Clefable.

Florges: It's similar to Gardevoir but doesn't have mega evolution, have less Speed and less Special Attack in exchange for a little more physical Bulk and a lot more of Special Bulk... But the really bad part is that this poke doesn't have a nice movepool. It does have Wish but i can't see any other usefull support move and it's attacking options are only Grass and Fairy Type Attacks, so we have a Lilligant without Sleep Powder, Own Tempo to Spam Petal Dance or Chlorophyll to have an amazing speed in sun and doesn't even get Quiver Dance. So this one it's probably going to be a really huge force in NU replacing Gardevoir unless it got a bunch of options by breeding.
It also has Aromatherapy, Light Screen, and Safeguard in addition to Wish. Wish and Aromatherapy are all Florges needs to be an excellent cleric. Not only that, but it can hold its own in battle, as Moonblast/Psychic/Energy Ball coming off 112 base special attack is nothing to scoff at. I sincerely doubt this particular pokemon will fall below UU.

With what I've experienced so far, I'm really liking Gardevoir or Mega Gardy. It's just got too diverse of a movepool and great resistances. I could really see CM really wrecking havoc after a Mega Evolution.

It also has Aromatherapy, Light Screen, and Safeguard in addition to Wish. Wish and Aromatherapy are all Florges needs to be an excellent cleric. Not only that, but it can hold its own in battle, as Moonblast/Psychic/Energy Ball coming off 112 base special attack is nothing to scoff at. I sincerely doubt this particular pokemon will fall below UU.
Well... From all the options that you mention, you are absolutely right on Aromatherapy and that was my bad... But if you want to use it as a cleric, i really doubt that you are getting a lot of investment into that 112 spatk, so isn't going to be that strong in offense... Also, it's base HP isn't that huge and her wishes are not going to be as effective as other pokes like Alomomola, Clefable, or Audino... of course that's not a big issue...

But i personally don't see the big deal about Safeguard (specially with aromatherapy) and Light Screen, so, probably it's going to run a moveset like Moonblast/ Aromatherapy/ Wish / Protect, with a Careful nature, lefties and full invest in bulk... maybe with some Speed to outspeed some 80 or 85 base pokemons without investment...

So, i truly made a mistake in Florges analysis and probably it's going to be RU since in UU it's going to be a little bit outclassed by Clefable since it's has better physical support, another option on recovery which can help it to recover itself and the team, and immunity to passive damage... in OU there are a lot of better clerics...

I would love to see what Klefki could do with Torment/protect. If they switch then Twave. Dazzling gleam/Play Rough for an attack depending on which side you want to hit from.
I haven't tested a Klefki set with an attacking move yet, but I can't imagine it hurting very much. Though I will say that dual screens are fantastic on the little guy. Never had much love for dual screening as a gameplan but with priority, Klefki upgrades it from a bit of a gimmick to an extremely dangerous supporter.

Had a Mega-Blastoise with 252 Hp 0 Def live through a +4 Bug Bite AND a Bullet Punch from Mega-Scizor with Reflect support. That's fucking absurd.

Togekiss due to the many different ways it can switch in now as a support. Nasty plot + baton pass + Wish/thunder wave + STAB move of choice isn't anything to sneeze at with its bulk.

imagine passing a wish and nasty plot onto a mega gengar or just gengar with focus sash...lol. possibilities are endless with his newfound dragon immunity and many resistances

In fact, the best way to exploit flinchax is not paralysis but Sticky Web support, which makes faster threats like Garchomp and Terrakion slow enough to be steadily Air Slashed to death, and works against Ground- and Electric-types.
Hah. Why bother Air Slashing Terrakion to death? One Moonblast and the big guy's finished.

I haven't tested a Klefki set with an attacking move yet, but I can't imagine it hurting very much. Though I will say that dual screens are fantastic on the little guy. Never had much love for dual screening as a gameplan but with priority, Klefki upgrades it from a bit of a gimmick to an extremely dangerous supporter.

Had a Mega-Blastoise with 252 Hp 0 Def live through a +4 Bug Bite AND a Bullet Punch from Mega-Scizor with Reflect support. That's fucking absurd.
Screen's are a good set too. The problem is a prankster who is faster with taunt can shut it down. I know it sounds absurd but on my my SR/Spikes Crustle I use x-scissor and rock blast. You can spot fast taunters a mile away (Azelf, Crobat, Aerodactyl). A lot of times they will taunt me and I will strictly attack noomally taking something down (Azelf falls like tissue to an x-scissor). I like to have attacking moves on my prankster just incase of taunts.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I gotta say, I'm pretty upset that chansey and blissey didn't get fairy type this generation. They should've gotten a mega evolution too. We've gotten so many megas that will be an absolute terror in OU. We should have gotten one really good defensive evolution as well.

I gotta say, I'm pretty upset that chansey and blissey didn't get fairy type this generation. They should've gotten a mega evolution too. We've gotten so many megas that will be an absolute terror in OU. We should have gotten one really good defensive evolution as well.
You want some of the most OP special walls in the game to gain a dragon immunity and lose fighting weakness?

And a Mega Blissey would be... underwhelming at most, because of loss of leftovers unless it got some ridiculous ability.

Aromatisse is amazing for doubles. At least the impression I've gotten in all my previous online matches. Not saying it's the best or anywhere near, but the thing really needs more love imo
>Immune to Taunt
>Dualscreens
>Trick Room
>Dazzling Gleam
>Aromatic Mist
>Heal Pulse
>Aromatherapy
>Massive HP and TR-tier Speed + decent special stats

Damn right Aromatisse is actually viable in Doubles.

Aromatisse: Immune to Taunt, has tons of support options, amazing bulk. Although Sylveon and Florges do bulk better and Klefki does support better, Aromatisse does both. This thing is definitely not NU, and probably has uses in higher tiers too. Too bad it's literally slower than Slowbro.

Klefki: Speaking of Klefki, here is a support mon, and a Swagger+Foul Play user that's better than Liepard (although it does Support better). The only thing it can't do in terms of support is Taunt...which makes it Taunt bait itself. But considering that its mission is to set up a screen or put up Spikes, a non-Prankster Taunter doesn't really ruin it that badly. Also it has the best defensive typing in the game, which is nice.

Mawile: Switches in with Intimidate so it has bulk. Mega Evolves, and then practically has Base 260 Attack at that point, the highest unboosted non-Choiced Attack stat in the game. It also gets Sucker Punch and Play Rough, which are both going to hurt. The only thing is that it takes up your Mega slot, but thanks to its power and it having the best defensive typing in the game, it will be worth it for a lot of teams. If Mawile doesn't make OU, its Mega Stone is probably getting banned in all lower tiers.

Sylveon: Amazing special wall, and can support its team with Wish too. It's no slouch offensively either, and it gets Moonblast and a ton of coverage options. Physically it can still tank some Fighting and Dark hits pretty well.

Florges: This thing is Sylveon with higher special bulk, lower physical bulk, Aromatherapy, less coverage moves, and a lower HP for Wish. Use either one as you see fit.

Togekiss: Jack of all trades, master of some. Which ones? Special walling, paraflinching, Nasty Plot, and Baton Pass, to name a few of its uses. One of the best Fairies in this Gen.

Gardevoir: Physically this thing has approximate bulk of a Blissey, which is usable...for taking resisted hits. It can take any Fighting-type move, as well as any physical Psychic-type move, but any strong physical attack not of the types Dragon, Fighting, or Psychic will make it keel over and die quickly. Mega Gardevoir is interesting, but Pixilate has little use, and there's a lot of other Megas you could be using.

Azumarill: Best non-Mega offensive Fairy. Choice Band hurts, and if you somehow let this thing set up a Belly Drum and you don't have something like Quagsire or Ferrothorn to revenge it, then you're dead. Even Ferrothorn is OHKOed after SR and 2 layers of Spikes.

Then there's other stuff.

Slurpuff.

With Calm Mind, Cotton Guard and Unburden, Slurpuff is a sleeper threat. It also has great attacking coverage in its movepool and about every support move you could want. I'm hesitant to call it better than Togekiss or Whimsicott but so far its been the best Fairy for my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)