The CAP Teambuilding Workshop V2

It does say in the rules that we can refuse cores that have already been built around, so unless someone wants to take it regardless, it'll probably be denied (You can submit another request in that case).

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Talenheim
Sorry this took a while, I got lazy with teambuilding for bit but I managed to get back into things and build this. The basis is around NastyPass Togekiss as I found that easy to work with and good pair it with fast strong Pokemon like Mega Mane and Keldeo whilst Ferrothorn and Lando provide some defensive backbone for the team. The Voodoom set is one I used in XY and it is honestly the best set it has. Close Combat 2HKOs Chansey and allows it to somewhat help the team against the stall matchup with access to Taunt as wel.

The team is fairy weak as well as Volkraken weak but I tried my best with the core
Voodoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Taunt

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 100 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Baton Pass

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Breloom struggles in the CAP metagame, but it outspeeds minimal invested Colossoil, which counters Mega Manectric. Mega Manectric in turn checks the Flying-Types that hamper Breloom's effectiveness, including Talonflame and Tomohawk, and can also it hit Necturna and Kitsunoh, two Ghost-types that resist Breloom's STAB combination. It also can pivot into Breloom and weakens the opponent's attack with Intimidate. Breloom's access to Spore allows it to cripple a threat for a few turns, letting its teammates do some work.

The teambuilder should feel free to change whatever he/she wants; however I've left a few things bolded that I would like to see on the final product. I feel like Tailwind Fidgit would help Breloom's speed problem, but it's just a thought.

So, getting back into the game, would like a solid team to help me out. That simple.

What I've got in mind is a Dragon Dance Feraligatr + Plasmanta Offense (but not Hyper), like the intended core but without taking up a Mega slot.

Possible sets, feel free to change:

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Plasmanta @ Air Balloon
Ability: Storm Drain
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Haze
- Thunder Wave
- Sludge Wave

By the way, you guys are awesome for doing this, sorry for being away for a while.

hi I was wondering if somebody could build a balanced team around this mienshao set

Acrobatics-knock off-reversal-swords dance focus sash
252 Att/252 Spe/4 Spd jolly nature

also if possible I would like to have Cawmodore on the team using the belly drum
3 attack set as I feel the two have decent synergy together.On mienshao
the set can have changes made to it but if possible I would like to keep SD and reversal
as I feel the combo with the sash allows to set up almost freely.To keep the sash intact
hazard removal is a must but it is up to ur judgement to decide who best fits the team.

I would really appreciate if u would consider accepting my requests.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Mollux @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Calm Mind Mollux on Offense, Bulky Offense or Semistall, It looks really cool to use but I can not build with it for the life of me

snake

CAP Co-Leader
If Breloom is hard to deal with, I wouldn't mind it being replaced with an offensive variant of Necturna on my last request...

snake

CAP Co-Leader
It's ok, there's no rush. Just remembered that you got a little frustrated with it on PS! a while back

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Going to revive this thread!

Since, I still suck at teambuilding, I'd like a team around Aurumoth and Mega Crucibelle.

Aurumoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Megahorn
- Zen Headbutt
- Overheat

Crucibelle @ Crucibellite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Wood Hammer
- Coil

Aurumoth can disguise really well as Crucibelle, taking Ground- and Psychic-type moves with ease and luring in its checks like Ferrothorn and Colossoil. I'd like to see a team that can adequately pull this off. The team builder should feel free to change the sets, but boosting sets seem to be the best option, whether its physical or special on Auru. I'd like for this team to remain offensive.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Crucibelle-Mega (M) @ Crucibellite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Wood Hammer
- Zen Headbutt

Aurumoth (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Surf

Volkraken (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Surf
- Power Gem
- U-turn

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb

Here you go snake_rattler!

Aurumoth loves to come out as the lead and disguise itself as Nidoking, and Garchomp and catch users off guard. Tankchomp stops volt turn teams in their tracks and loves to set up rocks. Nidoking provides great coverage with a nice speed tier. Excadrill loves to get rid of rocks and destroy Rotom-Wash. Volkraken is used as a Cawmodore counter and a solid revenge killer.

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Crucibelle-Mega (M) @ Crucibellite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Wood Hammer
- Zen Headbutt

Aurumoth (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Surf

Volkraken (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Surf
- Power Gem
- U-turn

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb

Here you go snake_rattler!

Aurumoth loves to come out as the lead and disguise itself as Nidoking, and Garchomp and catch users off guard. Tankchomp stops volt turn teams in their tracks and loves to set up rocks. Nidoking provides great coverage with a nice speed tier. Excadrill loves to get rid of rocks and destroy Rotom-Wash. Volkraken is used as a Cawmodore counter and a solid revenge killer.
Hey BP I hate to bash your team (thanks for the reply!), but there are some things I don't really like...

1. By picking Nidoking, you really took the core concept of the team from Crucibelle. Both have really similar types and weaknesses; I'm not sure why Nidoking was a choice here.
2. The Aurumoth set fails to capitalize on its boosting moves.
3. Aurumoth disguising as Nidoking isn't tricking anyone; the only moves it shares between Auru are Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Surf. In addition, Nidoking doesn't take Life Orb damage because of Sheer Force, while Aurumoth will. The main premise of the team was to lure in Crucibelle's checks and counters, tank a resisted hit, and Quiver Dance or Dragon Dance.

Again, thanks for the reply, but I find this team to be flawed.

Yeah, that team is very flawed.

1) Crucibelle shouldn't be running Zen Headbutt, since it does nothing for Cruci except hitting Fidgit, which isn't going to be doing much of anything in return regardless/you could be using U-turn to pivot into literally anything else on your team.

2) Aurumoth is not abusing illusion to its fullest and is using Surf over Hydro Pump for no reason. Being scared of accuracy leaves you unable to KO things you otherwise would be. You should have stuck with the options given to you by the requester and not change them to be something they didn't want.

3) Again with the being scared of accuracy; use Hydro Pump and Fire Blast. Volkraken hits hard, abuse that. Second, use Analytic. Right now it's just piss-weak.

4) Fire Blast over Fire Fang. It does more damage to any fire-weaks and Fire Fang doesn't threaten steel types as much as Fire Blast.

5) ... Choice Scarf Rapid Spin is just BEGGING for setup. You bet your ass that Cawmodore's gonna come in and set up ALL over you, among other things. Use anything else. Heck, Tomohawk would be perfect here to alleviate some of your crippling Ground weakness.

6) Why do you need Nidoking? You have Crucibelle already for illusion, as stated above, and you could use something else to have some Illusion variety, or another role filled on your team such as a set up sweeper (Which you really SHOULD have but don't). Heck, you could change Aurumoth to Quiver Dance and I'd still recommend another sweeper here.

That's just off the top of my head, by the way. There are more flaws that need to be worked on as well.

ggopw

Banned deucer.
i request a team built with Arghonaut I dont care about the set I want it just to be effective Also if u guys take mulitple requests do a BD Cawmodore team since the two teams are now outdated with goth and hoopa u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)