The Cricket Thread Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
India's bowling attack looks pretty weak...Dindia + Yadav isn't really lethal....both sides are going to be inexperienced coming into tonight's game. It should be a cracker.

India get an easy win. Kholi played really well. Sharma is shit no matter how many runs he scores in this series.

and LOL Bangladesh destroying England at the moment. I guess the conditions were a lot helpful for bowling yesterday. Tamim Iqbal is an awesome player. Sehwag of Bangladesh no doubt =)

EDIT: 100 of 94 balls! That too after following on!

Tamim is a good player. Bangladesh can collapse at any time. They proved that yesterday. I hope that England manage to seal a convincing win.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I was at Lord's for day 4. £30 for a seat in the Edrich stand is a bargain for a test match! Especially to witness 96 overs, 373 runs, 8 wickets and some sporting (albeit streaky) resistance from Bangladesh.

Highlights:

* Some fight by the Bangladeshi tail in the first innings.
* Tamim Iqbal's aggressive century.
* Graeme Swann being taken for 6, 4, 6 by Tamim in his first over.
* Imrul Kayes being stuck on 49 for what seemed like an eternity before his maiden 50.
* English fielding.
* Mohammad Ashraful hitting Steve Finn out of the attack.
* James Anderson's awesome final spell before stumps.

Lowlights

* Why did England persist with short bowling for so long??
* Tim Bresnan is out of his league.
* Why did we have a mid off/long off during the opening stand despite both Tamim and Kayes continuously playing cross bat shots?
* Why did KP not get a couple of overs when our bowlers were toiling?
* Why did we have a third man and deep point in the final 4 overs of the day after taking the new ball and Ashraful's wicket?
* Our ridiculously slow over rate.
* There is nowhere to eat outside Lord's, and the prices inside are extortionate.
* My nose is sunburnt =[

Great day overall.

Bangladesh so pro. This is the Bangladesh I love to see, rather than the Bangladesh in the first innings. Tamim is a fantastic player, and Imrul can really back him up with some... shall I say more test-like batting. It's always good when the top 4 for Bangladesh get 50+. Sad that Ashraful didn't get a few more though. Swann wicketless is a sight to behold, and good to see Anderson get 4 in the first innings.

Amla is fucking amazing, Pollard is a pile of shit.

Meh, India. I'd like Zimbabwe to beat Sri Lanka now please. Although I am sad that Tharanga and Samaraweera (my two favourite SL batsmen) didn't get many runs.

Bangladesh is liable to collapse very quickly (like at the end, where they lost nightwatchman Shahadat, Ashraful, and Jahurul), but they were awesome today. It's great to see Bangaldesh putting up a fight against England, especially at Lord's. Tamim Iqbal is amazing, shades of Sehwag and Jayasuriya. Only a Sehwag-esque player can hit Swann for three consecutive boundaries (6-4-6) in a test match, and that's what Tamim did. He's a bit too trigger-happy, but he did his job excellently, with good support from Kayes and Siddique.

Glad India won. Never been a fan of Rohit Sharma, but he's playing well, so... Good to see India's younger pacers like Yadav and Dinda stepping up. India's going to hit a major roadblock when all their current stars retire (i.e. Tendulkar, Sehwag, Harbhajan, Zaheer, etc.), they're all getting old. For once BCCI did well by sending a younger squad to Zimbabwe.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The young Indian squad impressed yesterday....glad to see young pacers like Dinda and Yadav stepping up. They aren't express, but they are pretty quick. Sri Lanka IMO batted a bit too slowly....although the Dilshan run-out pretty much ruined their chances of getting past 250.

The Bangladesh batting order strikes me as talented but immature / naive / inexperienced. That is all.
They've been like that for the last 10 years. They have improved a lot over the last year and a half though.

Glad India won. Never been a fan of Rohit Sharma, but he's playing well, so... Good to see India's younger pacers like Yadav and Dinda stepping up. India's going to hit a major roadblock when all their current stars retire (i.e. Tendulkar, Sehwag, Harbhajan, Zaheer, etc.), they're all getting old. For once BCCI did well by sending a younger squad to Zimbabwe.
Sehwag and Zaheer both have another 4-5 years left. Probably even longer I would say. Bhajji has about 6-7 years more and Sachin about 2 more (although he will most likely retire from ODI's after 2011 WC). So the retirements are still quite a while away. But yeah this is good experience for them. I say send Dinda and Yadav to SL for the NZ-Ind-SL tri series in August. With the WC less than a year away it will be good for them to play some Matches in SL. I don't understand why BCCI doesn't allow Clawla, VVS and Ishant for county stints in England. Like seriously if your not gonna pick them then why not let them get experience in English conditions. Ishant could really do with a county stint imo.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
Yeah it seems like they would really help them. A lot of players have had their careers revived through even a brief county stint. And there's no doubt that Ishant and Chawla have plenty of talent.

Glad to know that England have won the game. Finn has had a debut better than what Onions had. England are really the strongest team.

When I've used a definite article, then there cannot be any further doubt. England have been the strongest since 2005 but they've also been the most unfortunate team. I do not know what happened to a few players who actually played well, but are not being given chance.

Rikki Clarke(After playing well in the domestic season, he got his chance to represent England in 2003. But after that, he just vanished).

Owais Shah(One of England's best. I was impressed with him when he played that great innings along with Late Ben Hollioake against Australia(in 2000, I guees)

James Dalrymple(Great player of reverse sweep. May not be as good as Morgan in playing this shot.)

There are many others but right now, I only have the time to write this much.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
Owais Shah really is an excellent player, and for some reason he isn't getting enough chances to play. He's a very viable option at Number 3 in the shorter formats, but with the sheer presence of Pietersen I guess it's difficult to get him a place.

I believe he was Jamie Dalrymple, not James. Never got to see much of him actually...he was in and out of the side.

Just off course here from the current Test Match but who's your favourite player current or retired? Ricky Ponting. Always tried to emulate him in my batting style. Seems to be paying off :)

Also Tamim good knock but I think England's bowling wasn't as good as they were at Lords not as consistent in the areas they bowled.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Wow.. Tamim is really doing pretty well for himself.. 21 years old too.. Shit these kids are bound to start winning something at some point. I just hope it isnt against NZ.

Have a nice day.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
That Tamim + Kayes partnership sort of reminded me of Sehwag + Chopra back in that great test against the Aussies. The middle order completely ruined it though. That Iqbal kid is going to go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)