The Dark Knight Rises (spoilers itt)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure why people still complain about Batman's growling. It's pretty obvious he's purposely changing his voice to prevent people from recognizing him that way...

Also I'm curious to see who the next director will be when someone decides to continue the story with Robin, etc.

Batman isn't the epitome of realistic, but did anyone think that this one was PARTICULARLY far fetched? Like, an army of people living in the sewers? The whole thing about how they lived in Bane's lawless thing for months? The fact that Bane is like fucking 50 years old? I liked it, I mean Batman's awesome, but I really don't think it was anywhere near as good as TDK, and I don't even think it was as good as Batman Begins.

ignore the motivational poster text, but it's not that farfetch'd. 50 isn't -old- per se and there are plenty of people irl who keep up with their body and are really quite strong for their age. Add on to that Bane's painkillers, and he could theoretically push his body to greater limits without feeling as much of the pain normally associated with doing that.

As for the sewers thing, are you talking about the bad guys or the police? For the bad guys, it looked like they had repurposed the big chamber in the sewers to be more habitable. It's just as unlikely as being able to house all that weaponry and technology in the Batcave underneath the mansion. The police situation is similar to the Chilean miners, though obviously there were more police under Gotham and they were trapped inside for a longer period of time.

Not really important, but whatever happened to Jen (catwoman's friend)?
Her name was supposed to be Holly... Damn Nolan.

Anyway, she wasn't that important to the story. Who cares, she was in the movie for like two minutes.

I see some people assuming that the films are going to continue with JGL. You guys do know that the entire franchise is being rebooted for JLA, right? Even if it wasn't for JLA Nolan & Bale said this is their last Bat-film.

Her name was supposed to be Holly... Damn Nolan.

Anyway, she wasn't that important to the story. Who cares, she was in the movie for like two minutes.

I see some people assuming that the films are going to continue with JGL. You guys do know that the entire franchise is being rebooted for JLA, right? Even if it wasn't for JLA Nolan & Bale said this is their last Bat-film.

I missed some of the movie, so I was wondering if I missed it or not.

Batman isn't the epitome of realistic, but did anyone think that this one was PARTICULARLY far fetched? Like, an army of people living in the sewers? The whole thing about how they lived in Bane's lawless thing for months? The fact that Bane is like fucking 50 years old? I liked it, I mean Batman's awesome, but I really don't think it was anywhere near as good as TDK, and I don't even think it was as good as Batman Begins.
This is a silly argument. How the hell did Joker fill an entire hospital and two ferry boats with explosives with no one noticing? How can only HALF of a man's face get burned with him living? (this is literally impossible). Etc.

Nothing to do with the above discussion, I just wanted to share a really cool Batman Trilogy image I found which could potentially be used as a wallpaper or something.

Here

Why do you say that?
Bad script. Reliance on cliches, contrivances. Lot of plot holes. The ending was too hollywood for me, which is obviously subjective, but still.

To me, it felt like Nolan said "after TDK, we can pretty much make any movie, and it will still make a billion dollars." It felt like they just phoned this one in.

An example being the time bomb. So cliche, been done SO many times before, really unoriginal, I knew exactly what was going to happen 30 min into the movie (Batman would fly the bomb into the ocean)

Bad script. Reliance on cliches, contrivances. Lot of plot holes. The ending was too hollywood for me, which is obviously subjective, but still.

To me, it felt like Nolan said "after TDK, we can pretty much make any movie, and it will still make a billion dollars." It felt like they just phoned this one in.

An example being the time bomb. So cliche, been done SO many times before, really unoriginal, I knew exactly what was going to happen 30 min into the movie (Batman would fly the bomb into the ocean)
The "madman blowing shit up to prove a point" in The Dark Knight has been done SO many times before too. Guess that movie sucked too?

I have one major gripe with the trilogy, in batman begins they have katie holmes who is hot playing rachel, but then in tdk they had that minger, maggie w/e her name is, play her.. like wtf???
At least they redeemed themselves in tdkr with anne hathway in dat leather catsuit ;)

I have one major gripe with the trilogy, in batman begins they have katie holmes who is hot playing rachel, but then in tdk they had that minger, maggie w/e her name is, play her.. like wtf???
At least they redeemed themselves in tdkr with anne hathway in dat leather catsuit ;)
Really? I personally thought Katie Holmes both sucked in that role and is kinda ugly...now Maggie Gyllenhaal though, I thought she did the role better even though her character's role in the movie was far diminished to just be another motivating death for Batman (and to make Dent more insane I guess).

Really? I personally thought Katie Holmes both sucked in that role and is kinda ugly...now Maggie Gyllenhaal though, I thought she did the role better even though her character's role in the movie was far diminished to just be another motivating death for Batman (and to make Dent more insane I guess).
nah, hot girls > acting anyday, having good looking billionaire playboy bruce wayne so hung up on a walrus like maggie gyllenhaal isnt very realistic

katie holmes > maggie gyllenhaal any day of the week

fun fact: jake gyllenhaal was the second contender for the role of bruce wayne which would have made for a very interesting dynamic if they had continued with casting his sister in tdk.

nah, hot girls > acting anyday, having good looking billionaire playboy bruce wayne so hung up on a walrus like maggie gyllenhaal isnt very realistic
Holmes looks like a 10 year old girl. Maggie in my opinion is way hotter than her. She rivals Anne Hathaway i think. Only reason Hathaway gets the nod is because of her smile. She has one of the best smiles i can think of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)