The Dream Team

THE DREAM TEAM

delphox_overworld.png dedenne_overworld.png 003.png blaziken_overworld.png latias_overworld.png yveltal_overworld.png

OPENING SUMMARY:
Hi guys! Shamaleon here and i'm going to show you my post-bank team.I like using each pokemon and the team can work together to success. Yes, I know there is a pikachuclone above(and this is probably the only RMT you'll see a dedenne in it) but i'll tell you why when we get there. Anyway, I hope you still somewhat enjoy it and feedback is wanted!Also, this my first RMT so don't expect it to be perfect.

Firefox(Delphox)(F)@Leftovers
Ability:Blaze
EVs: 252 Spe/252 spA/4 HP
Timid nature
-Calm Mind
-Grass knot
-Mystical Fire
-Psyshock

When X and Y came out, most people chose Froakie, but this pokemon was too irresistible to pass. Yes, you can blame me for tolerating this bad nature(but because of ev training, spA is where it should be). This set takes a turn more on Firefox's defensive side.Calm mind is from the request of of a rater, and proves to bring great results to let Delphox survive hits and OHKO excadrill (example below). Grass Knot is there for obvious coverage. Mystical Fire is stab and weakens special attackers. Psyshock takes down weak physical walls. This pokemon's performance has been good helping me win two close matches.

synergy:

Mystical fire: Blaziken,Yveltal,Dedenne

DJ Dedenne(Dedenne)(M)@Sitrus berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 252 Spe/252 Atk/ 4spA
Hasty nature
-Nuzzle
-Parabolic Charge
-U-turn
-Play Rough

I chose Dedenne for two main reasons. 1. Yes, I am brave enough to use an electric rodent, and 2. He is the team's mascot and I want people to look at him differently because really, he is not as bad as you think. Nuzzle is used to make sure he goes faster than his opponents, and that he doesn't go out quickly. Parabolic Charge is used for giving him health back to increase longetivity. U-Turn is used when the hampster needs to escape, and to deal damage to (hopefully) stop abilities and items like Sturdy and Focus sashes. Play Rough is Dedenne's only fairy STAB, but it still helps him out. Dj Dedenne has been very reliable at times, and once he was able to defeated an Arctuno by himeself. No help. Just him.

Synergy:
Nuzzle: Venusaur,Yveltal

DA PLANT.(Venusaur)(M)@Black Sludge
Ability:Overgrow
EVs:252 spA/252 HP/4 spD
Modest nature
-Synthesis/Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb

This is my tank. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Besides from serving as the team's tank, this pokemon also serves as the much needed solution to the annoying Azumarill, Florges, and Sylveon that run rampad in the current metagame. Synthesis is increase Venusaur's longetivity, but Leech Seed will help the entire team, so I need your opinion on which move I should use. Sleep Powder is used to let ME set up on the opponet. Giga Drain is used to get hp back to increase Venusaur's tanking abilities. Sludge Bomb is the STAB to deal with the fairies. This pokemon has done well tanking hits, and Thick Fat has helped out.

Synergy

Sleep Powder: Dedenne,Blaziken

Blaziken(M)@Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spe/ 252 Atk/ 4 spD
Admanant nature
-Protect
-Swords Dance/Bulk Up
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut

Blaziken Serves as the team's sweeper and wallbreaker, hitting like a truck. Ever since he joined, he has helped me in dangerous situations. Protect is used to give him a free speed boost, also used as reliable protection. Swords Dance boosts his good attck sky-high, but it might be changed with Bulk Up because Blaziken is not the best at taking hits. Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut are STAB to use to avoid recoil, and Blaze Kick's high critical hit chance is great. This pokemon has done outstanding in battle, late-game sweeping once in a match.

Peaches(Latias)(F)(Shiny)Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd/ 252 spA/ 4 HP
Timid Nature
-Defog
-Roost
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf

I was looking for a good entry hazard remover, and then SHE came. She's a good defogger, a surf user, and a good defensive pokemon all in one. I also chose her because my team had a SERIOUS weakness to ground types, and she was the solution to this problem. Defog is for-well, I said it earlier. Roost is used when peache is tired, to restore her health and make sure she continues doing her job. Dragon Pulse is another move requested by a player, and is more effective and a reliable STAB than Draco Meteor. Surf is coverage against Groudon and Talonflame. This pokemon does good as the job she does, supporting and taking care of those pesky ground types. EDIT: I have noticed the soul dew is currently unreleased(dang pokebank, come faster), so I'm giving Peaches the leftovers.

Synergy:
Defog:Delphox,Blaziken,Dedenne

And now, last but not least:

Bin Laden(Yveltal)@Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 Spd/ 252 spA/ 4HP
Timid nature
-Taunt
-Focus Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Oblivion Wing

The second strongest member of the team: Yveltal. I was excited to go to team flare's HQ, and as soon as I obtained the bird, I learned he was potentially a good psychic type stopper. Taunt is to keep Mewtwo from thinking of any funny ideas Calm Minding, stopping Aegislash from blocking Bin Laden's attacks and use his power against him, and many more! Focus Blast is coverage, but is sometimes unreliable in situations. Dark Pulse is the STAB of ultimate power, allowing me to OHKO Alakazam, mega or not. Oblivion Wing was a much-needed gift to our bird friend, a powerful STAB, and recovery for life orb damage. This pokemon can shine sometimes, once sweeping an entire team because of his power.
SYNERGY:
Taunt: depends on which pokemon we're dealing with
THREAT LIST:
1. mewtwo

Ugh, this thing is annoying. The only thing that can stop him is Yveltal, but usually fainted by the time he comes out, and he destroys the team with Psystrike and Ice Beam.
2. Talonflame

Flame Body or Gale Wings, This thing has nothing that can stop it, and after the scorching pokemon dances with swords,this is the team:

REPLAYS:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-66035484

Anyway,please comment on what you think!

Last edited:
Ok you want descriptive? Lets get descriptive. First unless I am wrong I thought blaziken was back to being banned in OU so until that issue is cleared up I won't comment more upon him. Second your Venasaur set is a tad confusing, this is far from being a true sun team simply because you are using the wrong fox. And having sunny day wastes too much time that venasaur could use to set up hazards and tank serious hits. Third while I can understand liking yveltal, don't go crazy on legendaries simply because not all of them work so well in a single team, almost making it bland. What I think you would benefit from is a Taunting Gyarados. Gyarados would help your fire mons out by tanking water types like azumarill who could wreck this team without even trying. Gyarados also has a better defensive typing than yveltal, water flying has always worked for him in the past so no sense ignoring it now.

Thanks for the advice man, now,let's break your comment down. Blaziken always has a chance of being in ou so you can evaluate him later. For the Venusaur problem, I could use you showing a special set, though I would prefer it still have sleep powder for one of his moves. Thank you for bringing Gyarados because my team is finally balanced between physical and special pokemon.But I'm surprised you didn't say anything about Dedenne,like " This pokemon sucks" or "you know nothing about competitive battling."

Ok you want descriptive? Lets get descriptive. First unless I am wrong I thought blaziken was back to being banned in OU so until that issue is cleared up I won't comment more upon him. Second your Venasaur set is a tad confusing, this is far from being a true sun team simply because you are using the wrong fox. And having sunny day wastes too much time that venasaur could use to set up hazards and tank serious hits. Third while I can understand liking yveltal, don't go crazy on legendaries simply because not all of them work so well in a single team, almost making it bland. What I think you would benefit from is a Taunting Gyarados. Gyarados would help your fire mons out by tanking water types like azumarill who could wreck this team without even trying. Gyarados also has a better defensive typing than yveltal, water flying has always worked for him in the past so no sense ignoring it now.
This is a ubers team. It says so right in the title.

Op, I recommend switching Delphox for Groudon, as since you are participating in the users tier, you need some viable Pokemon. At that note, you need to switch mega venusaur, and you can't have him and mega blaziken on the same team. Dedenne, was, is, and always will be, complete shit.

Sorry if I came off as rude. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your requests, now: I.DO.NOT.CARE.WHAT.ANYBODY.SAYS. This is MY team and if I say Dedenne stays on the team, then he DOES. There is NOTHING anyone can say to change my mind, I will continue to try to see THE BEST in that hampster. sorry for pounding those comments, but I was trying to get the message through. I prefer mega blaziken so I will give Venusaur Black Sludge.

So you have a very interesting team here. I like your ideas, as uniqueness and originality has been a big part in my teambuilding. However I do have a few suggestions that may help your team out. To start, I think that you shouldn't use entrainment on dedenne, as entrainment is easily fixed by switching out. You could set in place volt switch or u-turn. Also a minor thing: I'm not sure if this applies in ubers, but in OU only 1 mega is allowed per battle I think.
Another thing for dedenne: it's nature is somewhat useless. It can't take a hit for its life I'm sure, and allowing a nature that helps its speed or (special)attack. And with that in mind, a sitrus berry won't help much, unless you get lucky. I suggest maybe a focus sash, or a... Well I dunno. That thing will be hard to work with. I understand your need to use a much-loved pokemon, I'm the same with shuckle :). Anyways, on to other minor things I've noticed: on your fox thing, you should probably replace light screen with another attack(if there are any other useful ones, I'm unaware of the new pokemon's moves) or use reflect, because I'm sure it can't take physical hits well. The reason I think light screen isn't good in your set is because it is redundant with mystical fire. And the last thing: I suggest not using roar on venesaur, because you have no entry hazards to phase with. Even if its for set up sweepers, there's usually better options. Anyways, good luck with your team, and prove people wrong with your dedenne

blitzlefan

shake it off!
To be honest, this is more of an OU/UU team with a handful of legendaries than an Ubers team. Putting it more bluntly, I can't see this team being successful at all against an experienced Ubers player. If you don't acknowledge rates given by (semi-) competent users, stating that you don't care what anybody says, there's simply no point in bumping this thread at all. Users before me have attempted to sugarcoat this, but in its current state, your team won't get much further than ~1500 or ~1600 on the ladder. I'm not trying to be rude, but unless you actually make some changes, then this team is destined for mediocrity, and proficient Ubers players won't bother rating it.

As much as you like it, Dedenne is going to hit like a feather in the Ubers tier. All it can do is spread Paralysis, and you can do that much better with something like Jirachi, Ferrothorn, or even a support Arceus form / Kyogre. Sorry, but it... sucks. There's also no point in keeping Delphox. Deo-D or Deo-S can set up screens much more efficiently, and again, Delphox can't do much more then tickle Ubers Pokemon. Hate to do this, but your Venusaur isn't doing anything either. Sleep Powder? Darkrai can do this better, and it poses a legitimate threat to other Pokemon. Furthermore, the Pokemon you mentioned that Venusaur checks (Azumarill, Florges, and Sylveon), aren't even close to relevant threats in Ubers. There's huge flaws in your Blaziken, Latias, and Yveltal spreads. If you're posting an RMT, then create it with the simulator in mind. We don't care about what your in-game Yveltal has - a Docile nature is useless.

Okay, there's a huge amount of changing that needs to be done, and though I'm not 100% familiar with the XY metagame, I can use BW2 metagame experience to help you out. Your team is currently steamrolled by ExtremeKiller Arceus. You don't have much keeping Xerneas with Psyshock or HP Fire from plowing through you either. I don't have all that much time, so I'll just give a tl;dr for things you should look into.

This has the makings of a sun team, so change Delphox to a defensive Groudon, the support set. This gives you a check to physical sweepers (eg Normal Arceus, Terrakion, etc.), allows you to change the weather (supporting M-Blaziken), gives you hazards, and if you choose to run Roar, a phazer.

Change the Blaziken to a sweeper set: Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe, with Swords Dance / Protect / Flare Blitz / Low Kick (or High Jump Kick).

Try a more defensive spread to Latias - if it's gonna check Kyogre, it needs SpD investment (look it up). Healing Wish is pretty useless, and Draco Meteor renders it useless (if you're going to attack, use Latios), so I'd run Dragon Pulse and Roost.

I'd run a Ho-oh over Dedenne- CB or LO could work, as it benefits from Defog support and Groudon's sun. It also allows you to check Xerneas, and is a fairly potent wallbreaker.

As for the rest, someone else (someone good) should give some input too.

To be honest, this is more of an OU/UU team with a handful of legendaries than an Ubers team. Putting it more bluntly, I can't see this team being successful at all against an experienced Ubers player. If you don't acknowledge rates given by (semi-) competent users, stating that you don't care what anybody says, there's simply no point in bumping this thread at all. Users before me have attempted to sugarcoat this, but in its current state, your team won't get much further than ~1500 or ~1600 on the ladder. I'm not trying to be rude, but unless you actually make some changes, then this team is destined for mediocrity, and proficient Ubers players won't bother rating it.

As much as you like it, Dedenne is going to hit like a feather in the Ubers tier. All it can do is spread Paralysis, and you can do that much better with something like Jirachi, Ferrothorn, or even a support Arceus form / Kyogre. Sorry, but it... sucks. There's also no point in keeping Delphox. Deo-D or Deo-S can set up screens much more efficiently, and again, Delphox can't do much more then tickle Ubers Pokemon. Hate to do this, but your Venusaur isn't doing anything either. Sleep Powder? Darkrai can do this better, and it poses a legitimate threat to other Pokemon. Furthermore, the Pokemon you mentioned that Venusaur checks (Azumarill, Florges, and Sylveon), aren't even close to relevant threats in Ubers. There's huge flaws in your Blaziken, Latias, and Yveltal spreads. If you're posting an RMT, then create it with the simulator in mind. We don't care about what your in-game Yveltal has - a Docile nature is useless.

Okay, there's a huge amount of changing that needs to be done, and though I'm not 100% familiar with the XY metagame, I can use BW2 metagame experience to help you out. Your team is currently steamrolled by ExtremeKiller Arceus. You don't have much keeping Xerneas with Psyshock or HP Fire from plowing through you either. I don't have all that much time, so I'll just give a tl;dr for things you should look into.

This has the makings of a sun team, so change Delphox to a defensive Groudon, the support set. This gives you a check to physical sweepers (eg Normal Arceus, Terrakion, etc.), allows you to change the weather (supporting M-Blaziken), gives you hazards, and if you choose to run Roar, a phazer.

Change the Blaziken to a sweeper set: Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe, with Swords Dance / Protect / Flare Blitz / Low Kick (or High Jump Kick).

Try a more defensive spread to Latias - if it's gonna check Kyogre, it needs SpD investment (look it up). Healing Wish is pretty useless, and Draco Meteor renders it useless (if you're going to attack, use Latios), so I'd run Dragon Pulse and Roost.

I'd run a Ho-oh over Dedenne- CB or LO could work, as it benefits from Defog support and Groudon's sun. It also allows you to check Xerneas, and is a fairly potent wallbreaker.

While this is true, he said that he would not change the pokemon. Trust me, a love for a pokemon can be better than skill. My shuckle killed many pokemon down in uu, and people wouldn't allow it to be thought of as useful, even after it totally broke their team. The idea of uniqueness is that people aren't prepared for it, and so it can throw people off. So yes, a lot of the poke's are severely outclassed, it's not going to be changed

Thank you for your requests, now: I.DO.NOT.CARE.WHAT.ANYBODY.SAYS. This is MY team and if I say Dedenne stays on the team, then he DOES. There is NOTHING anyone can say to change my mind, I will continue to try to see THE BEST in that hampster. sorry for pounding those comments, but I was trying to get the message through. I prefer mega blaziken so I will give Venusaur Black Sludge.
Fight the power! I wonder if you could make a gimmicky set with assault vest for dedenne or something but do let me know how it works out in future battles. Good going for black sludge also, I wonder if venasaur could come in on a rotom wash predicting trick, could be a fun poison trick.

Yes, I understand your huge amount of concers, but 1. I will continue to try to use a very bad pokemon to bring it to it's full potential so people will give it respect. 2. As I mentioned in the the thread, Blaziken's Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut are to avoid the nasty recoil the other two options can give. 3. There is nothing wrong with changing Delphox with Groudon except if I lose Delphox, I lose my only attacking psychic type, and with the many fighting types out there, that's a huge problem because Dedenne's not the best, and I can't mainly rely on Yveltal. 4. thank you for the replacement option for Latias, because I don't find Draco Meteor that effective. 5. I am aware of doing the simulator instead of In-game, I just thought of using the natures, but I understand the pokemon would be better off with the natures the simulator recommends, so thank you for pointing that out. 6. I will test all these changes before updating the thread.

ATTENTION ALL RATERS, I have an important announcement. Many of you requested I change Delphox to Groudon, but the problem with that is I lose my only attacking psyshic type. So, I've come up with a solution. She will be replaced with Deoxys for... a while because of inspection. But, I don't know which form to use! I would like for you let me know which form is besr suited for the team, raters.

If you want to use the Hamster, which is not a problem, then form a LC team around it. Although it's probably even bad in that tier. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using the pokémon you like, just use them in a tier where they can actually accomplish something other than being dead weight. Also, I'd advise you to take out that second battle you posted. It's just plain embarrassing.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
ATTENTION ALL RATERS, I have an important announcement. Many of you requested I change Delphox to Groudon, but the problem with that is I lose my only attacking psyshic type. So, I've come up with a solution. She will be replaced with Deoxys for... a while because of inspection. But, I don't know which form to use! I would like for you let me know which form is besr suited for the team, raters.
Uhhh... it's not necessary for your team to have an attacking Psychic-type, as Psychic doesn't have that great coverage anyway. However, Mewtwo exists as a (very) viable alternative to Delphox. Deoxys-A / Deoxys-S could help, but I think MMY could help a lot on this team (provided you do make some changes to the unviable teammates).

And I'd like to point out, even though this team isn't the best, and the writer isn't particularly accepting of rates, that doesn't mean you can just shitpost and piss all over the team. If you're going to post, be constructive and actually suggest changes (not trying to minimod here, but this experience probably isn't very positive for a new Ubers player).

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
^ This

He wants to play with Dedenne, honnestly, deal with it and walk away if you don't want to rate it. Teams are supposed to be as competitive as possible, so I know it's frustrating to see someone sticking at all cost to a unviable pokemon... But it will not do any good to spam the crap out of his RMT.

I cleaned up all the pointless posts in here. Next time, I'll be warning people who bash a new player trying to get help. Even if he refuses a part of the help you give.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)