Votes: 32 20.8%
  • Within the next week

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Within the next month

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Eventually

Votes: 82 53.2%

• Total voters
Stumbled across Meridia's Statue by accident, finished her quest, and was immediately reminded of how little fun one has once they finish Daedric quests as a pure mage.

So, new character time! Using an Orc, focused skills in Block, Heavy Armor, One-Handed, Restoration, and Alteration. Oh, and Smithing and Enchanting, lol. Time to be the invincible Orc, Zhonya.

bump

so i got this game on christmas and ive been playing it as much as possible. one thing i noticed is that the cities / towns are a lot smaller than previous elder scrolls games, but the land in between is a lot more expansive. it seems like i travel for a half hour/hour to get some little podunk town with an inn and a trader and thats it... idk i guess i was expecting more? maybe i havent got to the good towns yet...

One day I will be strong enough to defeat a Giant in a melee fight :(

Being a Khajiit is so fun. NPCs usually tell me I'd make a nice rug

Compared when Oblivion and Skyrim were made. Oblivion > Skyrim

Oblivion was buggy but it just had more depth and you could really get lost in the world. I got Skyrim at midnight and I knew it was a dud after I saw a huge square in a river where water was supposed to be <_< Draugr are not like the good ol' zombies, the game is linear in the beginning like Fallout new vegas, no more reflect damage/spell or acrobatics.

It's a great game but I hope the DLC will be so much better, for beating the game you got a gay shout to summon one of the three heroes from sovingard (Oblivion you got armour after a week but it still sucked lol)

College of Winterhold was like 1, 2, 3, ur the archmage heres ur robes go find books.

Companions quest line was better than fighters guild imo

Theives Guild had much more political depth than Oblivion had, I enjoyed playing the theives guild but no Gray Cowl... grr >_<

Dark Brotherhood, good but it lacked the FEAR Oblivion had imo.

I do like the leveling system and the weapon designs, the kill animations and all the gore :D though the dragons get old after 142 hours

Oblivion was buggy but it just had more depth and you could really get lost in the world. I got Skyrim at midnight and I knew it was a dud after I saw a huge square in a river where water was supposed to be <_<
haha I saw that same square when I first started :pimp:

Just got the game a couple days ago, going to attempt to make a ninja caster. However, I seem to recall browsing this thread a few weeks ago, and someone was saying that Destruction spells scale poorly? Wondering if it's a bad idea to put my points in it, considering that's all I'm really using right now :x

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
hi sooo im thinking about getting skyrim, but i dont have an xbox, so i would be getting it for PC (i have windows 7). does anyone here play skyrim on PC, and can they tell me whether or not it's good? ive read some reviews and everyone says it's still great, but i wanna get a "real person"s -- by which i mean not a professional critic or whatever -- opinion. thank you!

I, too, am a real person.

Getting a game like Skyrim for xbox/ps3 is a waste of potential when compared to getting it for PC. While the game was made more console friendly this time around, the PC version is still, by far, the best. If you have a powerful rig, the game can look absolutely amazing, especially considering mods already existing and to come. The dev console is a very useful tool for fixing bugs and the like, such as repairing questlines, as well as being able to adjust things such as FOV, camera and toggle variables such as grass/sky/trees to improve framerate.

Mods are the main reason for getting it on PC, though.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hello i have been dying to read this thread because i swore it off as i had not got a hold of skyrim yet due to playing a ton of other titles that came out at the same time

anyway i bought it for myself for christmas and have been stuck in for the last few days as dak can attest

question would it be obnoxious to post a shitton of screens here documenting the adventure as i go with commentary so we can all share in our skyrim experiences :heart:

ps i have 27 hours played and 347 screens ?_?

1 screen every 4.7 minutes, dedication az. But... just link to the steam album imo, it would take an age to load every image on here. You can still add comments and stuff.

hello i have been dying to read this thread because i swore it off as i had not got a hold of skyrim yet due to playing a ton of other titles that came out at the same time

anyway i bought it for myself for christmas and have been stuck in for the last few days as dak can attest

question would it be obnoxious to post a shitton of screens here documenting the adventure as i go with commentary so we can all share in our skyrim experiences :heart:

ps i have 27 hours played and 347 screens ?_?
Thisssssssssss, I got it for Christmas and now I'm finally playing. It's so good omg. I feel like an adventurer, an innovator, and an explorer even though the places I've been going have been seen by many Skyrimmers around the world.

I should screen more but I haven't seen anything really spectacularly pretty yet D: I mean, the whole game is spectacularly pretty, so I don't feel the need to screenshot it.

I got this for Christmas as well. I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that, aside from graphics, this game is bad.

Far from dynamic combat.
Plenty of glitches.
Item system is sketchy... not even an organize option that I'm aware of.
Tons of small things that, in my opinion, a game of this caliber should not have.

Sure they have a lot of cool attributes (smithing, speech-craft, lock-picking) but it is not innovated nor does it grant true player involvement (aside from lock-picking).

This game is a worse Fable 2, a game that was slightly above-average at best.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
item system is fine ?_?

stuff is listed alphabetically and you can add stuff to a smaller favourites quicklist, and hotkey that stuff

the video you linked hls that

it is really glitchy, yeah, but i haven't experienced enough bugs for it to kill the game for me, and i personally love the combat

again, you've linked a video that highlights how the game has really been built around making the combat immersive; if you don't to have to watch a dragon fly around a bit before you can think about killing it then play a turn based jprg or something and stay away from immersive fantasy

honestly i think you have have set in your mind a determination not to like this game so responding is kind of pointless, but you went out of your way to post in a thread where people are discussing skyrim that you don't like skyrim so!!

my favorite things about this game so far are the cool animation things when you kill someone, decapitation and the sheer amount of quests available.

dislikes so far: 3d map (idk why but it gets confusing at times), lack of strength and acrobatic attribute, and the fact my horses keep dying (thats my fault)

also, how the fuck do we pick a sign in this game? or do those not exist?

i also liked oblivion/morrowind's class-making better. when you picked your own major/minor attributes. i mean, i like skyrim but the lack of a "class" is kind of annoying. forces me to level everything though. also sneak is amazing if you don't have it leveled up, do. when you get to level 40 there is a perk you can select that doesnt set off pressure pads which is SO useful in dungeons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)