The End of the World (An Offensive team)

What lead should I use?

• Deoxys-D

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Azelf

Votes: 30 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The End of the World

Greetings Smogonites. I have made an Offensive team that was really successful on the OU ladder, reaching 1391 points, but then the ladder was reset shortly afterwards. I believe this team is pretty solid and I also find it fun to use, and even got me pretty far in an OU tour. I feel as though there are a few ways in which I can improve this team to make it better, but I will leave that to you guys. Without further ado, lets meet the team!

Azelf @ Normal Gem
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+ Spe, - SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Ice Punch
- Flamethrower

Azelf is my "lead" pokemon which sets up Stealth rocks and packs a lot of offensive power. Explosion, with Normal Gem, makes Azelf a strong exploder, unlike most other exlpoders this gen, seeing as how it was nerfed this gen, but is still really powerful and makes Azelf a potent "lead."
I run Ice Punch to take on dragons as most of them are OHKO'd after prior damage to SR. I run Flamethrower > Fire Blast now because it it more accurate and still KO's the common steel types in OU. Strongth poke.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EV's: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spe
Impish Nature (+ Def, - SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Taunt

Gliscor is here to act as a stallbreaker as well as a bulky sweeper for this team. Most Gliscors tend to carry Ice Fang instead of Facade, but Facade can hit things like Rotom-W which is a little annoying to this team, and although Gengar walls this set completely, I can at least Taunt it before switching into something that can threaten it easily. The EV's on this set give Gliscor maximum Poison Heal recovery, and can outspeed Neutral Natured Lucarios and other base 90 pokes. Taunt is to break stall, hence Gliscors role in the team, and EQ is just for STAB and to hit hard, nothing special.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+ Spe, - SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Terrakion is the Revenge Killer for this team and can also Late Game Sweep if I play correctly. This set is nothing new, CC is a strong STAB move from this beast, Stone Edge as it's other STAB, and together there is little that can resist both STABs. X-Scissor is pretty much a filler, but can kill of things like Celebi and weakened Reuniclus. I use Rock Slide as my last move as it is more accurate than Stone Edge, and has a 30% flinch chance which is always a nice bonus. Earthquake is really redundant on Terrakion, as it hits very few things in the OU metagame for SE damage, so that is why I chose Rock Slide > EQ.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+ Atk, - SAtk)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

CB D-nite is a very powerful pokemon indeed, firing STAB Outrages from a 604 atk stat including CB, capable of ripping massive holes in the opponents team. ExtremeSpeed is a strong Priority move, picking off weakened threats that could be troublesome. Earthquake and Fire Punch have Perfect type coverage with Outrage, and works well against Sun teams which can be problematic to this team, boosting Fire Punch which will put a dent in most things, whilst ESpeed can do a good amount of damage against sun sweepers.

For more information on why Dragonite is amazing, see this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qe9O90cD80

I had to.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+ Spe, - Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rapid Spin

Starmie acts as my spinner and check to rain teams. This set is pretty standard, Hydro Pump and Ice Beam provide coverage, and HP Grass is for opposing Water types, especially Quagsire who is really annoying to this team as aside from this thing, I have literally nothing to take this bitch down. However, I can play around them with this Starmie and CB Dragonite, as depending on the set, I can wear it down. Aside from that, Starmie can destroy a lot of rain sweepers and stuff.

....thats all.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+ Spe, - SAtk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

And for the finale, we have Jirachi! Jirachi is the star of the team (no pun intended). Superrachi! is absolutely amazing in OU. Barely anyone uses it which I do not understand at all, as this thing can destroy all voltturners not named Landorus, does great against both Offense and Stall Teams, and gets good coverage with it's moves. Psychic is for STAB and hits a lot of things hard after 1 or 2 CMs. Thunderbolt gets good coverage with Psychic, and also has a nice 20% chance to paralyze with Serene Grace. HP Fire can destroy Scizors who appear to be common switch-ins to Jirachi. Phenomenal poke who needs to be used more!

So that concludes this RMT, I hope you guys enjoyed reading it and if there's anything you can see that is wrong with this team or weaknesses to the team, then tell me and see if you can suggest something to patch it up! Leave a Luvdisc if you like the team, and I'l see you guys later!

Peace!
Rotom-W: This thing is pretty annoying to this team with all it's Volt Switching and all, but I can play around it with D-Nite, Terrakion and Rachi.
Dragonite: This thing can also be annoying if Multiscale is still intact. I have to set up SR as early as possible, and if it's banded, I normally ahve to sac something so I can bring in my Terrakion or Dragonite depending on what it's locked into. Other sets aren't really too big a problem.
Terrakion: Banded sets I kinda have to play around. Sub+SD can be dealt with by Starmie+Terrakion, whilst Double Dancing sets, although they are uncommon, could potentially sweep me.
Starmie: This thing can be annoying because it is very fast and hits hard, especially under rain, but I can play around it.
Kingdra: Depends what set it is. It can be threatening to my team if it is a Rain dance set, so I need to watch out for that.
Gliscor: The only thing I really have for this guy is Starmie, which gets worn down really easily.
Mew: Annoying as I don't have anything that can hit it for SE damage (lol X-Scissor).
Slowbro: Same as Mew.
Quagsire: Depending on it's set, I can play around it with Dragonite and Starmie.
Cresselia: Same reasons as Mew and Slowbro, except is much bulkier and is a really big threat to this team.

Importable:
Azelf @ Normal Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Punch

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Taunt

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rapid Spin

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

You go to the Team Builder on PO, and hit "Export". C+V that into some HIDE tags like so, and you're done!

Code:
[.HIDE=Example Team]
Example Pokemon[/HIDE.]
Just without the periods in the syntax

Hey Matt this a really solid team. I have used it myself as you know, and well I cannot describe how good it is. I truly love this team. I do have one suggestion, to change the Azelf set to this:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

You don't need Taunt on the set as you already have a spinner and Gliscor has Taunt.

Good Luck!

Hey Matt this a really solid team. I have used it myself as you know, and well I cannot describe how good it is. I truly love this team. I do have one suggestion, to change the Azelf set to this:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

You don't need Taunt on the set as you already have a spinner and Gliscor has Taunt.

Good Luck!
Yeah this set would also work too, I guess. You did keep asking me to try out flamethrower instead of fire blast on Azelf lol. I will try this set out, and thanks for the rate!

Aaaaaaawwww, it's an Azelf! I MUST rate this!

First of all, I think psyshock would be a better idea than psychic on jirachi. Assuming you still use him as a sweeper, you want to be able to reliably stomp blissey into the ground as well as beat other calm minders in order to more successfully sweep. Even though most fighting types have more physical defense, psyshock will still destroy most of them after a calm mind or two. As noted by gear flow, it would be a better idea to switch Azelf's fire blast to flamethrower, as it will still bbq most pokemon that fire covers anyway. [scizor, chlorophyll sweepers(especially in sun), ferrothorn. . .] I still love the explosion set for its surprise factor though (but just don't blow it up on something because you feel like it!). The cool thing about this jirachi set is that terrakion and gliscor do a great job destroying most of this jirachi's counters/checks. (like tyranitar, heatran, maybe magnezone, volcarona, but not landorus, unfortunately)

Another thing, choice scarf landorus is a big threat to your team, as with stealth rock support, it can severely injure your whole team with the correct move, and the only thing that can outspeed it is terrakion. Another threat to your team is rotom-w. To counter these threats, I suggest replacing gliscor with virizion. The set that I suggest you use would look like this:

Virizion
Leftovers | Timid | 252 S.Atk, 252 Spe
~Giga Drain
~Focus Blast
~HP Ice
~Reflect

Giga Drain is obligatory STAB, and will help beat annoying water pokemon and rain teams.

Focus Miss is another obligatory STAB, and close combat is not a good idea as it would forgo the whole purpose of this set.

HP ice is for gliscor and those annoying dragons.

Reflect is so you can reliably beat down volt-turn teams and boost virizion's ailing defense stat.

Also note that any one of these moves can be replaced by taunt in order to break stall teams much easier.

So, all the threats listed at the bottom that are checked or countered by virizion are: Slowbro, Rotom-W, Quagsire (meaning starmie can now run a more useful move such as thunderbolt or psychic), gliscor, terrakion (sometimes), starmie, and dragonite. Assuming jirachi runs psyshock, cresselia shouldn't be much of a problem anymore, as jirachi just beats it, and if the rare calm mind cress comes, psyshock should allow jirachi to beat it.

Kingdra is very rarely seen in OU, but virizion is much better against it than gliscor was.

Another thing, you listed jirachi's ability as natural cure. It is impossible for him to have natural cure, so you might want to change it to serene grace.

....thats all. (just had to put that there!)

EDIT: after reading the post of the guy below, I agree with his suggestion to use scarf landorus in place of terrakion. He is still fast enough to revenge kill, and he doesn't clash with virizion typing-wise.

here is the set:

Landorus
Choice Scarf | Naive | 252 Atk, 252 Spe
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~HP Ice
~U-Turn

EdgeQuake for extreme coverage and ground STAB

HP Ice for dragons and Gliscor. It will also give you the chance to switch dragonite or jirachi on something pathetic.

U-Turn to scout and gain the advantage after the opponent switches.

This set can also take advantage of sandstorm due to the fact that he is one of the best cleaners in the game once sand force is activated. He is also a threat to sun teams.

Now that really is all!

Hey, I like the team. Since you have some issues w/ psychic types, it seems like a scarf landorus would do a better job than scarf terrakion. You would gain a powerful u-turn as well as be able to still use stone edge earthquake, and hp ice to take out dragons so Nite doesn't have to worry about them coming in and ruining his fun. I would also second Gearflow's change on azelf because you could really use azelf to break walls after he leads off, and so keeping him around longer would be a better idea.

Aaaaaaawwww, it's an Azelf! I MUST rate this!

First of all, I think psyshock would be a better idea than psychic on jirachi.
Yeah I've been trying out Psyshock on rachi, and I will just keep trying both Psyshock and Psychic to see which one I think is best. Although Chansey and Blissey aren't serious problems for this team, I will still try out Psyshock again.
Assuming you still use him as a sweeper, you want to be able to reliably stomp blissey into the ground as well as beat other calm minders in order to more successfully sweep. Even though most fighting types have more physical defense, psyshock will still destroy most of them after a calm mind or two.

Yeah I've been trying out Psyshock on rachi, and I will just keep trying both Psyshock and Psychic to see which one I think is best. Although Chansey and Blissey aren't serious problems for this team, I will still try out Psyshock again.

As noted by gear flow, it would be a better idea to switch Azelf's fire blast to flamethrower, as it will still bbq most pokemon that fire covers anyway.
Yeah I'm running Flamethrower now because GearFlow kept telling me to use it, and it does still KO the stuff you mentioned.

I still love the explosion set for its surprise factor though.
:]

Another thing, choice scarf landorus is a big threat to your team, as with stealth rock support, it can severely injure your whole team with the correct move, and the only thing that can outspeed it is terrakion. Another threat to your team is rotom-w. To counter these threats, I suggest replacing gliscor with virizion. The set that I suggest you use would look like this:

Virizion
Leftovers | Timid | 252 S. Atk, 252 Spe
~Giga Drain
~Focus Blast
~HP Ice
~Reflect

Not sure about running Reflect, Is it really that necessary? I'l still try it out anyway :P

Another thing, you listed jirachi's ability as natural cure. It is impossible for him to have natural cure, so you might want to change it to serene grace.
Lol yeah I fixed that, I made this RMT at like 1AM and I was really tired, but I guess this teaches me a lesson never to make RMTs late at night :3

....thats all. (just had to put that there!)
XD

EDIT: after reading the post of the guy below, I agree with his suggestion to use scarf landorus in place of terrakion. He is still fast enough to revenge kill, and he doesn't clash with virizion typing-wise.

here is the set:

Landorus
Choice Scarf | Naive | 252 Atk, 252 Spe
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~HP Ice
~U-Turn

EdgeQuake for extreme coverage and ground STAB

HP Ice for dragons and Gliscor. It will also give you the chance to switch dragonite or jirachi on something pathetic.

U-Turn to scout and gain the advantage after the opponent switches.

This set can also take advantage of sandstorm due to the fact that he is one of the best cleaners in the game once sand force is activated. He is also a threat to sun teams.

Now that really is all!
It better be.

jk. I will try out Landorus as it seems like it could work well. Thanks for the rate!

Hey, I like the team. Since you have some issues w/ psychic types, it seems like a scarf landorus would do a better job than scarf terrakion. You would gain a powerful u-turn as well as be able to still use stone edge earthquake, and hp ice to take out dragons so Nite doesn't have to worry about them coming in and ruining his fun. I would also second Gearflow's change on azelf because you could really use azelf to break walls after he leads off, and so keeping him around longer would be a better idea.
Already made the changes when KOB suggested them (and edited his message using your suggestions) and I will try them out, so thanks for the rate anyway.

OK, I've realised that if I take out Gliscor, I will become really weak to Scizor and Lucario, so I need some suggestions on what I could do to fix this.

Needs Spin Blocker.

Maybe Starmie -> Tentacruel? Gigadrain/Rapid Spin/Poison Spikes/Ice Beam or Scald?

I would think Salamence > Dragonite... speed is needed here. Choice Scarf Moxie would give you a great Revenge Killer -> Sweeper.

Gliscor needs to drop Facade for Stone Edge. Raw power is raw power.

Needs Spin Blocker.

Maybe Starmie -> Tentacruel? Gigadrain/Rapid Spin/Poison Spikes/Ice Beam or Scald?

I would think Salamence > Dragonite... speed is needed here. Choice Scarf Moxie would give you a great Revenge Killer -> Sweeper.

I don't think Salamence over Dragonite would be a good choice, as Matt already has a great revenge killer, Terrakion, and Dragonite with a choice band is already powerful enough.

If you give Gliscor Stone Edge I think it would do terribly as it doesn't help Gliscor in the slightest and I think that's just pointless to have such an inaccurate move for almost no reason at all.

Tentacruel is not an option an offensive teams, it's only really used in Balanced and Stall teams.

I don't think a spinner is necessary because the only hazards he is using are Stealth Rocks. If he was using Spikes too, then a Spin Blocker would be useful.

Needs Spin Blocker.

err, Spinblockers are Ghost types, Starmie and Tentacruel are SPINNERS.
I used to use ScarfMence on the team, but If I replace D-nite, then sun teams will become much more annoying and the loss of a strong priority move could be critical as it can hit those sun sweepers very hard, especially with CB.

lol Stone Edge. It doesn't work on Gliscor this gen, and you need a better explanation to why I should use Stone Edge > Facade.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, got the request. Your very weak to a lot of special attackers. Starmie and Latios can do some serious damage if you don't play them right while CM Reuniclus can break through your Jirachi set (Terrakion's X-Scissor only does 40%ish) and proceed to severely weaken your team if you don't have a full HP Dragonite. Terrakion seems like the weak link here as Dragonite can deal with Volcarona and Chlorophyll sweepers while Starmie + Dragonite's Extreme Speed should be enough as far as revenge killing goes. I suggest using a Choice Band Scizor. CB Scizor patches up your weaknesses to Reuniclus, Latios and Starmie, while also helping you out with Terrakion and Slowbro, who you outlined as threats. Scizor can also function as a revenge killer, and it being Choice locked isn't easy to exploit against this team with Starmie and Dragonite around. Scizor can also trap and eliminate Gengar paving the way for your Gliscor. Also consider using Psyshock on Jirachi over Psychic. Psyshock will help when dealing with CM Reuniclus, as well as CM Virizion which can OHKO Dragonite with HP Ice if you can't keep SR off the field.

Scizor l Technician l Choice Band
Adamant l 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Bullet Punch l U-turn l Pursuit l Superpower

Hope this helps!

WDFAmatt Hello ! .. I think your is good ! .. But, what do you think if i propose wish>Hidden Power [Fire] about Jiraki? .. So can "stop" (ahah) blissey very well and is a way how can help your member's team for a immediatly rest.

WDFAmatt Hello ! .. I think your is good ! .. But, what do you think if i propose wish>Hidden Power [Fire] about Jiraki? .. So can "stop" (ahah) blissey very well and is a way how can help your member's team for a immediatly rest.
Wish on Superrachi is meh. I need HP Fire for steels, and I'm running Psyshock now instead of Psychic as I can beat CM Reuniclus 1v1, but thanks for the rate anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)