The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
A team that goes 3-1 or 11-5 without its main star can't count him as the MVP. A limping old Manning left the Broncos and we went from 12/13 wins team to an 8-8 one.

A team that goes 3-1 or 11-5 without its main star can't count him as the MVP. A limping old Manning left the Broncos and we went from 12/13 wins team to an 8-8 one.
Dak Prescott should be an MVP then, although it is diluted by Elliot.

The same Cowboys with other QBs such as Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassel had essentially the same offensive line but went 4-12.

WB edit: please keep irrelevant inflammatory information out of your posts, especially if nobody responded to it the first time.

Reply: I was confusing the British historian author with the defensive lineman on the Cowboys. Interesting name. Good lineman.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Reminder that the 11-5 patriots went 16-0 the previous year. If a 14-2 team loses their QB and then back up goes 9-7 I wonder if we'd say the QB that went down wasn't that valuable.

I've spent hours analyzing this post in my lab and I still have zero idea what point its trying to convey

Reminder that the 11-5 patriots went 16-0 the previous year. If a 14-2 team loses their QB and then back up goes 9-7 I wonder if we'd say the QB that went down wasn't that valuable.
The "Matt Cassel went 10-6 when Brady went down" is the most asinine argument ever made.

The 2007 Patriots were arguably the most talented team of all time

In 2008 almost the entire Uber talented roster returns and the Patriots are HUGE Superbowl favorites, then Brady got hurt, and they missed the playoffs playing against the easiest schedule in the NFL.

Last edited:
So, think Screw England gonna get picks back off Jimmy Galapagos Island? Seems like he'd be an obvious pickup for teams in bad QB situations. They're obviously just putting the value out there, but watch someone take up on it anyway. 1st and 4th, on two starts lol. Houston probably making calls now, ready to also give them a 2nd round pick for shits.

As for Brissett, I was looking him up yesterday. I never realized they took him off IR. He's on the roster now and they've been continuously working on him. Interesting, going into the season end with all three. He's obviously got time, unlike J. Guacamole who's contract is up in 2017 and Brady still playing, so we'll see what they'll do with him.

I wouldn't hand over that payment for J. Geppetto, but from what was shown in preseason and week 1-2 should be enough to get offers. He just needs to get rid of the ball faster and work a bit on deep shots. Otherwise, should easily be able to be traded and compete for a starting position. Looked like a solid dude.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
2008 patriots went 11-5 noobs, it's rather an anomaly that they didn't make the playoffs with that record but the top of the AFC that year was fuckin stacked yo

The prospect of giving a good QB having a great season the MVP award is what bothers me because they're likely to show why they didn't deserve a year later.

Matt Ryan would be Cam Newton v2

neither is anywhere close to the leagues most valuable player.

Both their best seasons will likely prove to be aberrations when looking at their careers in retrospect
you know it's a seasonal award right, it's not like we're putting them in the hall of fame

IThe award is pretty flawed as is and even in the methodology I laid out because it always favors QBs and the offense really. What annoys me more is that MVP is allowed to win OPOY which is literally the dumbest thing. Why even have two different awards? Make it so that MVP winners can't win that award, there are plenty of guys out there who deserve shine.
Ye. From a certain standpoint, the MVP should basically be choosing between OPOTY and DPOTY. But lots of people take "valuable" to mean various nebulous concepts, which I suppose is some justification for the difference in awards if you let the POTY awards represent more statistical leaders. Most "Valuable" Player is almost always a QB for various reasons, I'd say most notably because there's zero QB depth at the pro level so the drop-off in talent and performance level from a good starter to most backups is astronomical (like, the difference between Dallas going 4-12 and possibly 14-2 astronomical).

Last edited:
since the dolphins can't take care of their fkn football field i hope the patriots just rest everyone

the raiders wont do shit even if they somehow win today

Happy New Year, hoes.

Clearly New England tampered with the field like they did with Carolina's in the last playoffs.

I wonder if Cleveland's gonna win against Pittsburgh. They're legit now!

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
jags dominating another afc south foe. weird thought they could be 3-3 in the division this year. honestly hope marrone gets the job, i really believe this team should stay the course but just needed a culture change, it's a talented team that just wasn't getting bounces and was finding ways to lose instead of win hence the need in change of culture.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So it's looking more and more likely that Oakland is going to lose today and Kansas city may get the 2 seed. This makes me nervous because I would much rather play the Raiders at home than the chefs if we win on wildcard weekend

So it's looking more and more likely that Oakland is going to lose today and Kansas city may get the 2 seed. This makes me nervous because I would much rather play the Raiders at home than the chefs if we win on wildcard weekend
This makes me happy because it ensures that the Patriots will play Matt Mcgloin/Tom Savage/Matt Moore in the divisonal round and don't have to play the Chiefs and Steelers on their way to the superbowl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)