The Everything NHL Thread

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Let's just watch this over and over.

Edit: also, remember when the Kings were supposedly shopping Dustin Brown? lol

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
idk what this means but quick is a better goalie than any goalie on the bruins
Making a reference to how Thomas stoned walled us in the finals like Quick is stone walling us now.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that whoever starts next game will be the #1 next season, and the other will be traded. If that said goalie wins the game, the Canucks will stick with him throughout the rest of the playoffs (however short it may be). Also, AV's probably gone if we can't get this series to 7 games. He's been here for 6 years and is getting outcoached pretty badly and we do have MacTavish in the wings waiting with the Chicago Wolves, our farm team. Gillis is safe, but he'll be on a hotter seat than last year.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Idk Gillis did just give away Hodgson for nothing and I dont think anyone will take Luongo's contract.
Do you know what you are even talking about? Gillis brought in Pahlsson to replace Hodgson (for a ECHLer and two 4th rounders), which is a clear upgrade. Hodgson hadn't been scoring consistently (apart from the monstrous January he had), and he was a huge defensive liability in his own zone, as the Red Wings game showed. Kassian hasn't even played a year in the NHL and there are many who peg him to be a good power forward (people with more credibility than you I might add), and he even shows flashes of greatness from time to time even without playing a full season. Hodgson was a scrub 4th liner center in his first year, and the entire Canucks fanbase was screaming at Gillis for a trade then; I guess Kassian is held to another higher standard?

And 5.3 mil/year for a top 10 goalie, and his money-heavy years are behind him in his contract, yeah of course no one would take him.

Kassian is the player the Canucks needed, but he isn't ready to be that player yet. It's also arguable if Luongo is a top 10 goalie (IMO he isn't), and I honestly wouldn't trade for him. He also has a NTC (not sure of the details) so even if someone wants him, chances are he doesn't want to be there (he better hope Phoenix moves to QC!)

Also Eradd, is this you? =]

http://twitter.com/wedontdive

1st period ends with Chara taking Green's helmet off and Lucic doing the same to Backstrom but the Bruins aren't headhunting players who missed time for concussions. No, not at all.

What are the odds he gets a call from the Italian national soccer team?

Seriously, he drew two penalties on flops and then when it was four on four he flopped at least two more times but the refs ignored him. Just fucking ridiculous.

We lost because we played shitty defense but it is still infuriating that the officiating has been so fucking terrible.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1st period ends with Chara taking Green's helmet off and Lucic doing the same to Backstrom but the Bruins aren't headhunting players who missed time for concussions. No, not at all.
You're right, the officiating has been terrible. Backstrom, Ovechkin and Chimera should all be suspended for their gutless attacks of Bruins players at the end of the game. Fat chance though. But it's the Bruins that avoid all the penalties, right guys?!!? At least Marchand gets right back up when he falls down. You guys seem to forget that he's the smallest player on the ice.

Chimera hit Marchand in the nuts with his stick. Backstrom cross-checked Peverly with his stick in the face, and Ovechkin ran a Bruins player into the boards from behind in the last 10 seconds. The one-sidedness in your posts is hilarious, which is saying something coming from me. And that's ignoring Chara getting hit in the face by a high stick in the 3rd as well, then the Bruins get called for a penalty before contact is even made a minute later.

The officiating has been TERRIBLE in this series but so far it hasn't given an edge to either team. But that's only because both team's power plays have been awful.

and you call yourself a bruins fan...
I think this means I'm becoming a hockey fan instead of just a Bruins fan. Seeing the two worst possible teams to represent the NHL lose like they have been is making me happy, it's bringing me new emotions that I've never felt about the NHL. It just makes me proud to like a sports league that is actively resisting the push to look more like a european soccer league, unlike the NFL and NBA. Forgive me if I used a post for something other than hyping the Bruins, I'll try to be better about that in the future. For you :D

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Another year, new playoff series, same pointless complaints about "bad officiating".

Sometimes I read the comments in this thread and I feel like I should stop watching sports.

Kassian is the player the Canucks needed, but he isn't ready to be that player yet. It's also arguable if Luongo is a top 10 goalie (IMO he isn't), and I honestly wouldn't trade for him. He also has a NTC (not sure of the details) so even if someone wants him, chances are he doesn't want to be there (he better hope Phoenix moves to QC!)

Also Eradd, is this you? =]

http://twitter.com/wedontdive

Kassian is brainless and wont be ready for a grinding role in the NHL because he firmly believes he is a skill player. Get one of the opposing team's fans to yell at him and his game is over, pure nutcase. That type of player is likely what Vancouver needs though, they already have some disgraces to the game, two aliens and potentially the sorest losers in fans. "WE LOST? BURN OUR OWN CITY TO THE GROUND!!"

Not sure if anyone noticed this hilarious tweet earlier, but I just did. I've always been a stars fan but I have a hard time hating any team in their division, most of them are just too easy to like (minus Phoenix who I hate as a Jets fan) and the Kings are no exception.

Now that the Flyers look like they're going to get rid of the Penguins, I think the Rangers have a clear path to the cup.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You're right, the officiating has been terrible. Backstrom, Ovechkin and Chimera should all be suspended for their gutless attacks of Bruins players at the end of the game.
Blatant homerism herein contained aside, Backstrom got a match penalty and will probably sit a game. So, you're welcome.

I like a local radio guy's idea for Backstrom's appeal process. Just send in a highlight reel of all the blows to the head the Bruins have given Backstrom and say, "Go ahead and suspend our guy just know that by doing so you're rewarding this kind of behavior."

And seriously, the Caps have gotten away with a lot. But it's the playoffs! If you look at the stuff the Caps are doing it is mostly stuff to take a guy out of a play (tripping, hooking) or retaliatory. The Bruins are just punching people in the face and hitting people in the back every chance they get. They're not even really "cheating" to slow down our offense or take people out of the play. They're just hitting people.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
3 games for Shaw. Shanny is trying to make up for the historic whiff earlier in the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)