The Everything NHL Thread

Well picking the right Goalie to start is a good way to make the series interesting, though I'm getting sick of the slew of 1-0 games. I have a feeling both the Penguins and the canucks will win tonight. I am rooting for the rangers for the cup but who in their right mind would watch that game over the Pens/Flyers...
boom.

Where is the match penalty for the guy that swung his stick at Green's face like he was trying to chop down a tree? And don't say it was unintentional because all of these incidental blows and "that's part of the game" hits seem to only be landing on the heads of guys with concussion problems.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The last 5 minutes of BOS-WAS was great, frantic hockey. Surprisingly clean, it wasn't even as if they were "letting them play".

I wasn't sure what I thought about that. It was really something that the fans were fucking going ballistic for like like 10 minutes of trap hockey in a row.

I'm just not sure what that something is telling us.

Chicago!?!?!?!?
I am rolling over in my grave. It's nice to see an acquaintance get to play in the playoffs (Saad) but I cant deal with the Hawks losing to the coyotes, more specifically Raffi Torres going any further in the playoffs or hockey in general. Or Shane Doan, or many other Coyotes...sigh

The last 5 minutes of BOS-WAS was great, frantic hockey. Surprisingly clean, it wasn't even as if they were "letting them play".
It's because Washington grew a brain and weren't letting Boston get in their heads with all the post whistle scraps so Boston laid off because they knew they would start getting penalties if they were the only ones being scrappy.

Great game by Washington. Defensive play and discipline weren't as good as game two but they were good and it's obvious that when they play their boring ass game and slow it down Boston gets frustrated. Tim Thomas looked lost in net. They could have had two or three more goals if they had been able to put anything on net.

Worried about Ovie and Semin. They sat most of the 3rd. It could be because the 4th line was playing so well but it seemed like towards the end Ovie had a lane to get a breakaway and he had no gas left in the tank at all.

That shot by Semin was incredible. His play has been amazing. I didn't know he had it in him to hustle as hard as he is.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
yeah, not even homer bias, the Sabres jerseys are hands down the best jerseys

I do like most of the Original 6 jerseys as well, and anything created after the mid-90s is pretty garbage

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've always been partial to Nashville's and San Jose's jerseys.

Also the Blue's and Devil's logos are simple, but clean-cut and look nice.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Always felt this was far ahead the best jersey in the league.

What the Sens wear at home currently I'd rank second.

Yeah I have a thing for red jerseys but I'm not sure about Washington's. Like Montreal's, the blue just isn't a great fit and it doesn't get to be as iconic as the Habs jerseys (plus it's got a terrible logo).

The first thing that jumped out to me on my schedule for 4/20 was the Pens/Flyers game. I think even Flyers fans want the Penguins to win so that they can watch more of these games.

Come on:

Doesn't that just do it for you? I'm not sure what the hate on the logo is. What are they supposed to do with a name like Capitals? I don't think an eagle logo would look good on the chest.

We also have some of the best away sweaters:

I like the Blackhawks. Definitely top 5. I also like the Blue Jackets and Kings.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
sorry, best red jersey right here. the league's most noble sweater on the league's most noble player.

also, washington's homes are pretty nice looking. the current logo is pretty good all things considered.

Holy shit Fleury was amazing in the 3rd. That one power play the Flyers had, like 7 shots, amazing saves. This series is not over yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)