The Fire Dragon goes on to terrorize the realm.

The Fire Dragon goes on to terrorize the realm.

Introduction:

Hello, the core of this team was originally created by mostwanted and AndViet back in 2011. I was totally blown away from it, because it used pokemons like Deoxys and Dragonite. Those were my favorite pokemons back in the old days. When Pokemon X and Y were released, I got totally excited about the new Charizards and about the mega pokemons.. so I wanted to make a team around them. When I thought about how to use Mega Charizard X, this team came into my mind.
Anyway, let's get to the team.

Closer Look:

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk | 252 Spd | 4 HP
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
Moveset: Stealth Rock | Spikes | Taunt | Fire Punch

The main role for this poke is to set as many hazards as fast as possible and taunting opponents hazard users carefully. Focus Sash is there to survive a very powerfull attack. The Evs are pretty straight forward, they’re there to maximize Deoxys-S Attack and speed for out speeding tons of shit. Focus Sash + the Jolly nature helps a shit load against attackers who think they can KO Deoxys-S, it an another surprise factor in this team. In most of my matches I usually lead off with this guy setting up my hazards then wrecking opponent’s team with my powerful sweepers.

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Moveset: Shadow Ball | Focus Blast | Disable | Substitute

A Mon that has been called the “Torment Tran” of the 5th generation, this particular Gengar set can absolutely demolish stall teams and banded foes with relative ease from behind a sub. Gengar can break Tyranitar/Ferrothorn/Jellicent cores and stop many other foes with prejudice. It can deal huge damage to Lati@s and Reuniclus, and pretty much anything that tries to switch into it. Its coverage is unresisted. The EV’s here are pretty straightforward. Maximize your best stats for optimum carnage.

Gengar has been such an awesome poke, it becomes better and better in every gen. One of the main role for this poke is to block spinners. Mons with foresight are a huge threat but its good that they’re rare. The evs are standard Timid Max Speed to out speed common threats to this team. Max Special Attack is there to boost Gengar’s Stabs and shit. Black Sludge over Life Orb for stalling and Recovery purposes. Disable was chosen to deal with annoying set upers like Gliscor, Conkeldurr, etc. It can also be used to disable Blissey’s recovery move who occasionally switch into Gengar thinking they can out stall him. Shadow Ball is there for stab. Substitute is there to work well with Disable. It can also scout sets and block statuses. Focus Blast is there to hit pokes who resist Shadow Ball. Lately, I’ve been thinking Focus Blast for Taunt. Then Gengar can Block the spinners and also stop them from setting up their hazards. By this Gengar can make Dragonite’s sweep much faster and better.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
Moveset: Trick | Volt Switch | Hydro Pump | Hidden Power [Ice]

Trick can completely cripple a whole team with just one move. Keeping the scarf allows you to HP Ice threats such as Dragonite/Garchomp/Landorus etc., while still outspeeding at +1, allowing you to break Multiscale, and KO on the next turn. The other 2 moves abuse Rotom-W’s STAB to the fullest, with Volt Switch allowing you switch unscathed to counter, and Hydro Pump to do serious damage, even outside of Rain. I have one many a game with seemingly just Rotom-W, and it is incredibly difficult to counter. The EV’s here are (you guessed it!) maximum Speed and Special Attack to give speed ties and outspeed everything you need to. A true champion of the metagame, and one of the best monsters you could ask for.

Rotom-W is simply an amazing poke. It typing, ability and sets are outstanding. The first main role for this poke is to work efficiently with Gengar. As Gengar switches into Spinners, I can double switch into Rotom-W and Volt Switch out and switch into Gengar and continue this process against the spinner which Gengar was tough time against. Rotom-W is also there to cripple bitches with Trick, cough Blissey, Chansey. The Evs are again Standard on this guy. Modest to hit hard, Max Special Attack for massive power, Max Speed to also play a role as a Choice Scarfer. The set is self explainable as well. Hydro Pump is there for stab, Volt Switch is for scouting purposes, Hidden Power Ice is to fuck up Dragons like Dragonite, Salamence, etc. Lastly Trick is rarely used but it’s a good option to cripple annoying walls. Overall, Rotom-W plays a key role and supports the sweepers very good.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP | 40 Atk | 216 SDef
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
Moveset: Swords Dance | U-Turn | Bullet Punch | Roost

Scizor is one of the most useful mons in the metagame right now. His natural bulk and STAB priority make him one of the best revenge killers in the game. He also has an air of unpredictability, because of his common Choice Band usage. This set is somewhat unpredictable, as most people expect some form of band variant with Scizor nowadays. Swords Dance on the switch, and power through the opponent with STAB/Technician boosted attacks. Roost off damage like a champ, and rinse, wash, repeat. The EV’s give Scizor some bulk, while still allowing him to damage foes from the get go. One of the MVP’s of the team.

Scizor is another outstanding poke which serves a key role in this team. This poke has the ability to set up on so many pokes that it’s insane. It can easily set up and proceed to tear apart a team with its stab Technician Bullet Punch and unpredictable U-Turn. The HP and Special Defensive Evs on this poke are to take Special Hits like a boss, with Adamant Nature and 96 Attack it can get an easy boost and reach 700 with Swords Dance. Life Orb is there to get BP boosted which is very essential in killing top threats like Terrakion. Bullet Punch is there for Stab and to nail Terrakion and Tyranitar in the fuckin face. This poke was chosen over Lucario because it takes Hits better than him. Trick Room Reuniclus completely rapes this team, so Scizor was added cause of that too. Its amazing Priority is mind blowing. I’ve been thinking for replacing Roost for Brick Break but I don’t know yet. Brick Break can help a lot while facing a team with Screens and it can damage Skarmory which is good.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP | 4 Atk | 252 Def
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
Moveset: Rapid Spin | Stone Edge | Ice Shard | Earthquake

I needed a rapid spinner to make sure my Charizard would hit the field without any hazard damage. This Donphan is also used to counter Talonflame and Aegislash. Earthquake for the STAB and to deal with threats like Blaziken, Aegislash etc. Ice Shard for the Dragon-Types or Flying-types which could hurt this team badly. Stone Edge for Talonflame. I think Talonflame is a very strong pokemon and very hard to beat if you don't have a pokemon to counter it. The only problem with a rapid spinner... ghost-types like Gengar are capable of switching into most of Donphan's moves and can either wear it down with their strong Special Attack moves, or set up a Substitute on it.

Charizard (F) @ Charizardite X
Trait: Blaze ----> Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
Moveset: Dragon Dance | Fire Punch | Dragon Claw | Earthquake

Charizard receives a major buff in Mega Charizard X: one that allows him to become a dangerous sweeper capable of running multiple sets and accomplishing many a task. With Mega Charizard X, Charizard becomes a very similar to Dragonite with a secondary Fire typing and a huge movepool. This set allows Charizard to break through almost all of its potential counters and hit anything hard neutrally. After one Dragon Dance, nothing in the game will be able to switch in and absorb a hit without fearing an OHKO or 2HKO. Fire Punch is preferred for longevity, Skarmory has a slim chance of surviving and then can Whirlwind. Flare Blitz can be used if want enough the brute force which obliterate most physical walls.

Mega Charizard X is easily one of the most threatening Dragon Dancer users at the moment. With his typing he can easily setup on Scald and Will-O-Wisp users without fearing a crippling burn. Having this puts him on par with Salamence and Dragonite as Dragon Dance sweepers. However, Charizard is not unlike Dragonite and Salamence in that having control of the entry hazards is needed; thus having a teammate that is able to either Rapid Spin or Defog to remove Stealth Rock.

Conclusion:

This team is giving me great success in ladder. This team only has one goal: to completely overwhelm the opponent and stop them from gaining any semblance of momentum or hope. A real hope destroyer and demoralizer.

Importable:
PHP:
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Fire Punch

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Disable
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Special Thanks and Credits go to: mostwanted, AndViet and Subject 18.

Last edited:
Solid core, the only change I would make is running the Rotom-W with a flame orb instead of choice scarf to cripple physical attackers and walls. Other than that very solid list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)