The HERO

All the arts were made by me :]

Hello friends, how are you guys doin'? I've been playing the RU metagame since BW2 and now with a new metagame I'm trying to build some new teams. This time I was able to achieve a really good result with this team. With that said, I've decided to share it with all of you guys in this RMT as a way of sharing my achievement and also receiving some critics about how can I make the team even better, here we go.

I was looking to build with some unusual mons that have a niche in the current metagame. I've decided to start with Hitmonlee, is a very common mon but I could still innovate in this set, that was what I did, I've chosen to use the Unburden Sweeper set.

After choosing Hitmonlee, I would like to abuse of hazards and also help Hitmonlee to do his function. Qwilfish was my choice, a mon that helps me with hazards and also work as a toxic spikes remover.

As the third choice, I was needing a hard hitter, a mon that could work as a wallbreaker, no one better for this function than Tyrantrum hehe.

In this slot, I was looking for something that could help with coverage and supporting the rest of the team, Meloetta was the chosen one.

I need a steel-type, because psychic-spam is still pretty strong in this metagame. Durant was perfect for this slot, but after some matches I've felt that using Choice Scarf in it was a good ideia.

As my last member, I didn't have a stealth rock user yet or a mega evolution, my choice was obvious, Mega-Camerupt.

I AM HERO (Hitmonlee) (M) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

The team principal sweeper, the responsable for the most part of my wins. He must be last member to come in, when you are sure that your opp is desperate enought to see a win possibility. Endure leave Hitmonlee with 1 HP if your opp use a strong move, giving max BP to Reversal and activating the Liechi Berry, which gives him a +1 boost in the Attack status and double his speed thanks to Unburden, giving him power to sweep a lot of teams. Knock Off is for coverage against Psychic and Ghost-types and Mach Punch allows him to not be killed by opposing priority moves.

TOXICITY (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Taunt

I didn't like Qwilfish as a Pokemon. Didn't had Accelgor's speed or Drapion's coverage and had a low speed status making he susceptible to Taunt. But in this case it fit like a glove. It mainly functions are setting up hazard on the opposite field and get rid of toxic spikes on mine. Scald for a STAB move and the 30% of burning and Taunt to make it stop some defog users and to not be a setup bait eventually.

THOUSAND FANGS (Tyrantrum) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Rock Polish
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Tyrantrum has a simple function: come in, click on an attack move or just setup to win if its possible. Its incredible coverage make it a check-less Pokemon. Head Smash will be used in almost every match, but if you opponent has Steelix-Mega or Cobalion, Earthquake them. Crunch is here for coverage and to help against Bronzong, Rock Polish work as an emergency button and sometimes it can just win the game.

CELINE DION (Meloetta) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Meloetta always defeat at 2 opposite mons in every match, particulary if he is using Balance or Stall. Without showing an item, the opponents always assume when doesn't see a leftovers or a life orb, that I'm using a Choice-variant, but unfortunately to them, I'm not, hehe. Meloetta has one of the best coverages of the metagame and is here to lure the other team members counters. Calm Mind is here to use when its necessary or possible, making it a lot scarier while the 3 other moves are here for damage. Its item, Colbur Berry is extremely useful, making it able to resist a dark-type move and making it able to revenge kill if the opposite is faster or if its a sucker punch user.

ANTI-SPELL (Durant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

What an Army Ant! It makes me laugh when I'm using it and the opponent has no idea that its item is Choice Scarf and simply lose his mon.

But I do MISS some moves too. When I'm thinking that I'm able to use it as a Late Game Cleaner and it just miss the move it makes me very sad.

Awesome coverage, awesome offensive stats (thanks to Hustle), awesome STABS and a decent defense bulk. These are Durant's qualities. Besides that, its my main weapon against HO Squads. If you opponent has a Cobalion or a Steelix, my suggestion is just to click Superpower, it works almost 100%.

MAGMARMOR (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

You may ask me: - What does counter Camerupt?
My answer: - Pray, pray again and pray another time for you to avoid its move, then send a mon to counter it.

This is the sensation that exists today related to Camerupt. But there are still possibilities like sending Flygon hoping that it doesn't have Hidden Power Ice. Its also a Stealth Rock user besides being a great offensive mon. It has some speed investment to make it able to outspeed base 30 after mega evolving, including Steelix-Mega.

- Its kinda hard to deal with, assuming that 2/5 of my sweepers don't do anything against it and the 3 Physical Attackers don't appreciate a burn. I usually use Toxic Spikes and leave it faint with residual damage, or you can use Camerupt. But you can still win against it (There is still hope while Tyrantrum lives)

- Maybe the hardest mon to deal with using this team, it aniquilates Hitmonlee and has a priority move to kill it, good stats to take a decent amount of HP of Camerupt and Durant and it has priority Will-O-Wisp. I usually bait it with Meloetta and do some damage with Shadow Ball (try to not reveal CM soon in the game if your opp has a Mega-Banette).

- The team is pretty weak to Ground-Type, both Flygon as Dugtrio are threats. Flygon can be Special Attacker, but you can deal with it almost every time. If both are Choice Users, you can use them as a Setup Bait to Hitmonlee.

- Bulky Poison-types can give me some problems too. You can't let your opp setup Toxic Spikes easily, and Amoongus can also get a free turn to use spore.

Replays:

Vs. Raseri (ladder): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rususpecttest-235217139
Vs. majaspic22 (Live Tournament): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ru-62210
Vs. passion (Live Tournament): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ru-62459

That's it, I've been trying to create an effective team and this is the result, hope you guys liked it.
These are my achievements using the team:

Ladder Peak #1 + Suspect Coil - [link]

Shoutouts:

I AM HERO (Hitmonlee) (M) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

TOXICITY (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Taunt

THOUSAND FANGS (Tyrantrum) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Rock Polish
- Crunch
- Earthquake

CELINE DION (Meloetta) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

ANTI-SPELL (Durant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

MAGMARMOR (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:
Hello, I believe that Qwilfish could potentially use a different move than Toxic Spikes. Spiritomb with Calm Mind usually carries Rest so it can Rest off the status so Toxic Spikes does not resolve that issue. It potentially loses another support move, and with Spikes and Stealth Rock up, your offensive pokemon rarely need Toxic Spikes as they have enough offensive prowess to break down the opposing team walls. Since Poison-types seem to be your issue, i would recommend Pain Split instead of Toxic Spikes. This provides the longevity that Qwilfish desperately need to allow it to wall the Poison-types you listed above, and absorb the Toxic Spikes that your team seems to need desperately removed. Once a layer of spikes or stealth rocks are up, it is a guarenteed 2ohko with Mega-Camerupt and Durant. Durant also has a chance to clean ohko if all hazards are up.
These are the calcs:

252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spiritomb: 178-210 (58.5 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spiritomb: 178-210 (58.5 - 69%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes

252+ SpA Sheer Force Mega Camerupt Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Spiritomb: 259-306 (85.1 - 100.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

hi :]

well, the suggestion was good overall but toxic spikes are pretty helpful against balanced and stall teams. Pokemon as Gastrodon also give me some problems so this is something that helps me with it too.

yo

pretty tight offense, been advocating stuff like fb melo + ant for ages and this seems to do a good job capitalizing on that (amongst other things, of course), which is nice. that said, i find the abysmal ground-weak to be a little too much to overlook, especially given you really don't present a very sustainable counterplay to something like duggy, eq locked gon, etc., and with the exception of scarf ant, this is a fairly slow offense build, which presents enough windows to punish you to be worth looking into.

the most cohesive fix would be to adapt cbgon > tyrantrum here, which i feel would ultimately be for the best; having an eq deterrent at the very least seems valuable here for getting away with aggressive plays w/your weaks like camel and what have you, and i'd say this pokemon generally supports your current build moreso than tyrantrum offensively (being both more likely to bait and lure faeries, who are rarely the primary Tyrantrum switch-in, and adopting a slightly speedier offense to work with, helping with the current disparity in responses to relevant base 95's you concede a moderate amount of free turns to). standard faire eq / outrage / u-turn / iron tail seems optimal here. the most significant cons presented from this change, at least to my understanding of it, can be observed in the dispersion of solid offensive end-game and a somewhat bloated fletchinder weakness, but honestly, with both scarf durant and unburden lee, i find the latter to be largely non-significant, and fletchinder is a pokemon that, both in forme and function, isn't something that can be brought in sparingly.

in with the sentiment that your current build is a bit slow, i might consider the use of thunder wave > toxic spikes to be optimal here. in a more offensively-geared setting such as this, toxic spikes might favour builds that use more conservative or bulky boosters or what have you, such as calm mind users, boosting waters, etc., reinforcing match-ups in those more extensive 1v1 exchanges, and the continued chip over multiple turns plays a substantial role. on a team such as this with a bunch of non-boosting physical beaters, the net gain is much lower, as there is far less incentive for the stall / balance player to stay in and play that extended 1v1 game, making toxic spikes that much less gainful. i would much rather have that emergency speed control here, especially for avoiding such strict reliance on scald to check 'mons like sd rott (which this pokemon never handled amazingly in the first place, but it at least makes something of the pivot beyond trading a spike for two sds). furthermore, i would go ahead and roll with a faster camerupt, circling the 204 spe investment (enough to put it over momo pre-evo, plus base 40's afterwards, though i'll let you determine how much you wanna creep that benchmark), as with the inclusion of a secondary ground, the 'defensive value' of this slot lowers to a point where i think you can definitely get away with a speedier variant, and being able to suppress a wish pass or pop togetic off before it grabs its defog can be of really nice value here.

lastly, if you're going to bother with jolly scarf ant (which i don't fully disagree with, although i tend to favour adamant under most circumstances), i wouldn't bother with anything aside from max / max, as although there aren't too many situations you would be bringing this in on a knock off, i would certainly favour the option to speed tie opposing ant or even beat out cobal / virizion under those circumstances should it ever occur.

hope this was of some use to you, best of luck in the future

Hi 49 :]

tbh Flygon could be a slot option, it has been suggested to me by my cute friend Ren-chon (n_n) and I considered the change, but like LO + Roost>Cband + U-turn. Anyway thats a good exchange but that makes me lose too much to fly spam and it would be the only argument for the change did not occur. Luckily it has been unusual so we can actually consider it.

TW > TS in Qwilfish, it has also been considered by myself. But I actually prefer the benefit that TS brings to the team, the support that it gives to his teammates is incredible and I honestly have no desire to change. Rather, it is a good option too since as you said the team is somewhat slow and it works well indeed.

I appreciate your suggestions, soon I'll update the thread with the changes I made the team. thanks bro n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)