The Monotype Teambuilding Workshop [Currently Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break
Hi! I'd like to request a team with the core of two interesting sets for two common mons in flying: Charizard Y and Gyarados.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Dance

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 132 SpD / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave
- Rest
- Taunt

Physical DD Zard Y is a set that I've tried in OU a bit (back in 2014) and it's helped to lure certain mons such as chansey, as Zard Y is usually special and a +1 FB in the sun does over 70% (max roll of 83.6%) to a 252 hp and 252+ def chansey. Solarbeam helps deal a huge chunk to water types that believe zard Y is a solely a physical set and takes out faster water types that try to revenge kill zard (at +1 speed, zard y is faster than threats such as starmie and keldeo). Since the physical set usually carries earthquake, dragon claw helps to lure the lati twins.

+1 252 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 501-589 (71.1 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 296-350 (112.9 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

4 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 282-334 (87.3 - 103.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Mega Charizard Y Dragon Claw vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 246-290 (77.1 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With that specific zard y set, it gets completely walled by heatran, has trouble with rain teams, and rocks are an issue. Support gyarados helps alleviate all three issues. Waterfall deals a good chunk to heatran, thunder wave helps cripple faster threats (such as kingdra and kabutops in rain), and taunt helps prevent rocks from getting set up when gyara is against slower SR setters (60 speed evs to creep upon some sr setters such as heatran). Rest is there for longevity. Gyara also beats non stone edge mega swampert in rain (edge from adamant mega swamp has a 4.7% change to 2HKO gyara after lefties recovery). A specs draco from Kingdra does 74% max to gyara (so you can take one draco even after rocks, cripple with twave, then rest up), while a -1 edge from kabutops 2HKOs gyara. The given spread of 248 hp, 68+ def, and 132 spd allows gyara to do this. So, if played correctly, gyara can cripple both kabutops and kingdra with twave.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 132 SpD Gyarados: 246-291 (62.5 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Mega Swampert Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 68+ Def Gyarados: 180-214 (45.8 - 54.4%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Kabutops Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 68+ Def Gyarados: 289-343 (73.5 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Feel free to change either of the spreads on both mons. Thanks for giving this a read :]
Reserved

Reactions: Bax

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.

Escavalier (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit / Knock Off
- Drill Run

Would like to request a Steel team around Escavalier. Seems like a fun mon to use. Choice Band + max attack adamant to hit as hard as possible with the right speed EVs to outspeed Slowbro, the rest in HP.

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit / Knock Off
- Drill Run

Would like to request a Steel team around Escavalier. Seems like a fun mon to use. Choice Band + max attack adamant to hit as hard as possible with the right speed EVs to outspeed Slowbro, the rest in HP.
Reserved

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
BrandonBeast

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- X-Scissor

Armaldo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Protect
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Encore

With a 252 SpA/252 Speed spread on Volc, I wanted to go with a more offensive counterpart, so I chose Scarf Durant to put in work against Scarfed Flying and Fire types. Using Volc you obviously need a spinner for support, and as such I chose Armaldo already having a Steel/Bug type in Durant. I added Shuckle for Rocks/Webs support of my own as Scarf Durant is a bit weaker compared to it's Hone Claws or Banded counterpart, but as I said I really did want the Scarf for Fliers so Rocks support was necessary. I chose Yanmega to help against Fighting as the team seemed a bit weak to it as it was. Make sure that whatever you do you do ALL you can to support Yanmega in that matchup. Once sashes are gone and if you lay Webs, Protect once and this thing just wins you the game. Finally I added Heracross-Mega for overall wallbreaking potential as I needed something to hit things like Chomp, which is typically bulkier, Porygon2, etc. Overall, I think this has some generic elements, but the Durant really sticks out to me. You really don't see that often on Bug because of Scizor and Forretress but it honestly has a lot of merit.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335265490 Vs. a pretty ungeneric Fire team, but it does still have Fletch so it's going to be a tough game. Both sides played pretty well and I honestly think the team performed great. Rock Slide missed cost me the game, and that's going to happen sometimes, but I think Durant is also a reason I was in the game.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335267419 Vs. a pretty standard non-Fletch Fire team, the only thing that really stood out to me was Arcanine, which I don't see much. Played really well, think I would've won even without Omnia switching out but it was a good game regardless.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335268895 vs. Dragon. Another example of me being BAD! I thought the team did great and I played well in this matchup, I should have switched out at the end. 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Durant: 66-78 (25.6 - 30.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO If I switch out and let Yan die and switch Durant back in, I have a chance to win with Rock Slide! Great game nonetheless.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335270585 vs. Fighting. Another example where I think I played great. Really choked at the end though. I should've kept clicking Knock Off (I wasn't going before a Shadow Sneak anyways) and Webs were a bit too late, so I should've maybe been a bit more cautious about Yan (because of what I said above!) and maybe not have placed such a high importance on getting in Shuckle safely, or sacked something else to do it.

I hope you like the team! One thing i might suggest is putting Bug Buzz on Volcarona. You'll really have to play to get it in and sweep though since you'll have no recovery, as I strongly prefer lum for things like Prankster TWave or random secondary statuses. Thanks to Entei. for all the testing, I really felt like the team worked after doing so. Let me know how it goes BrandonBeast !

Hey AV8 I got your grass team here!

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Sunny Day
- Encore

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Rock Tomb
- Earth Power

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb

Well this core was very offensive so I wanted to stay with that theme for the rest of the pokemon. I knew choice scarf Rotom would be excellent because it can provide momentum with volt switch and can also check big threats to the team such as Mega Pinsir. I already had roserade for spikes stack so I thought cradily would be a nice rocker and check to fire types.

I was having a lot of trouble trying to deal with psychic/fire/steel monos. A lot of ideas ran through my head and I tested some (such as scarf virizion and earth power+hp fire celebi) but they didnt do as much work as I had hoped. Finally I came up with using chlorophyll shiftry. This thing can sweep fire with infernape and entei gone, and it gets a kill vs psychic whenever it comes in. However psychic can use substitute on their Gardevoir to check shiftry which was troublesome so I decided to put sunny day on whimsicott. This way, I can get the sun up and shiftry can sweep the opponent with knock off,since it will now outspeed Gardevoir and other fast pokemon.

Leech seed Mega Venusaur was my last mon, and I chose this to check steel monos. Leech seed is very helpful for wearing down heatran and the extra health on venusaur is always nice. It helps vs normal teams too because it can effectively stall out chansey due to leech seed recovery.

I have some others with Celebi, but here are 2 good ones with this current team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335375490 vs sakis' psychic.
This really shows off how clutch sunny day on whimsicott can be. If you're feeling ballsy you can go straight to Whimsicott on the sub Gard and encore it :]

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335382801 vs iEntei's Normal.
Leech seed venusaur putting in the work along with Roserade.

Hope you liked the team bro.

EDIT: Added Sprites

Last edited:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Power Gem
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic

Requesting a water team built around my old Starmie reflect type, basically used to counter Charizard Y and things like Breloom.

Hi, can I request a Mono Normal team with a Bulky Snorlax and Bulky Staraptor? I choose these two mons because Snorlax is my favorite and Staraptor had always compliment Snorlax in the games, I know that isn't a great reason. I would like for this to stay close to a Bulky Offense, but if changes need to happen then so be it. I have provided below the sets I have ran and had some success with, I am bad at competitive and tend to lose a lot.

Max (Snorlax) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Starla (Staraptor) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Defog
- Roost

TheThorn
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

While Building this team, I took into consideration on how Aerodactyl had a very great offensive presence on the team, so I made up my mind that the team would be made really straight up offense with hard wall breakers.

Aerodactyl alone was weak to Bulky waters and steels, so I added Thundurus and Landorus to complement along with it. I gave Thundurus Grass Knot and HP Ice so that the ground match up wouldn't be as hard, seeing as the only switch in ground has for Hp ice/Grass Knot Thundy is Excadrill. I needed a defogger, as well as something to tank hits in case I'm in a bit of a pickle, so I added Zapdos and Skarmory, both with defog. I gave skarmory 88 spD ev's so that Mega Diancie 3hko's with moon blast, as well as iron head to KO it, making it a perfect switch in. I had zapdos creep Bisharp since that could be a big threat to the team in general. For the last slot, I decided on Gyarados just because it's a fantastic offensive presence.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335451496 - Playing Standard Psychic, Pursuit Aero puting in alot of work here.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335455579 - A ladder game with standard Psychic. Lost due to me not knowing Gardevoir had taunt, but it doesn't have that much usage over sub anyways. Still a really close game.

EienSeiryuu

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Drain Punch
- Hyperspace Hole

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Blue Flare

Jirachi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Moonblast

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Psyshock
From the core, the team looks mighty offensive so I just rolled with that. The first thing i thought when building this team was A) How am I getting hazards without Deoxys and at the same time not being too passive, and B) What's a good way to preserve Hoopa's Focus sash. My answer for A was either explosion mew, lead azelf or lead Jirachi, and I picked Jirachi because of its lure capabilities. Essentially this set gets up sr then 1v1s more dark type, especially sableye but excluding hoopa and bisharp. I use HP ground to check heatran and clear the way for victini against steel, but hoopa also sortve decks that. There's a lot of playing around with this lead set. I really like moonblast, but you can definitely switch out ironhead/hp ground for other lure moves like icy wind, energy ball, fire punch, or some momentum moves in uturn/healingwish, and maybe even a status move in toxic/twave. For answering B, I decided on using defog not on latios, but latias, since it also has access to healing wish for sustaining hoopa's focus sash. I then added victini as its such a solid and reliable scarfer for psychic, and helps a lot in the bug matchup along with this deoxys set. Finally, I wanted a mega, and I had the choice of alakazam, gardevoir, and gallade. I decided on gardevoir because of its immense wallbreaking capability.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335431788 vs standard bug, the hoopa sash came in really handy at checking volcarona without taking a lot of damage with victini, and the deoxys also was a nice check to volc but .-.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335440396 this replays displays jirachi's early game mayhem against dark

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Requesting a team build around this. This thing will beat threats to Water such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard Y and I'd like to see a proper team build around this. In case you think this is a joke, it is not! Use this exact set please. Thanks in advance!
Your boy Thimo.
Reserved.

Vid

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Confluxx

Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off/Pursuit
- Drill Run

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power/Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish

Bisharp @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Originally when I saw this idea i was thinking trap steel threats to Escavalier but I felt that it left this team extremely weak to Gliscor althouhg the trapper set did make it easier for Escavalier to break holes through teams. Magnezone was first team member I decided on because of Volt Switch for momentum and being a powerful special attacker as well. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon moves that hit hard with Choice Specs Item. HP Ice is used to check Gliscor (uncommon in monotype but threatening) and Lando-I (this being the 2nd check because Escavalier can check it as well) Next Team member I decided on because its very difficult to use steel without it. I picked Specially Defensive Heatran to Lay Up Rocks and take most special hits. Lava Plume is to fish for burn Toxic is used to wear down bulky fat walls. Stealth Rocks is used to help Escavalier get more kills and to punish opponents for switching. Taunt (preventing fat walls from statusing it and or recovering) or Earth Power (extra coverage) can be used in last slot. The 48 speed EVs are used to outspeed a Venusaur with a 20 speed creep as well as all uninvensted base 80's. At first I was very unsure about Jirachi but helps Escavalier on this team because of having U-turn to gain momentum as well as healing Wish by basically sacrificing itself to heal an alive teammate up to 100% and remove all status it had before Healing Wish move was used. This is also the offensive Fighting Check with it having Zen Headbutt as one of its STAB moves as well as having Iron Head which both compliment its ability (Serene Grace). The next member I decided on was Bisharp because it was a way to Punish people from using move defog with its Ability Defiant making Defog a very risky move to use. Knock off is main STAB and is used to get rid of the opponent's item Iron head is secondary STAB and is decently powerful. Sucker Punch is used for priority. Swords Dance is used to give Bisharp a way to sweep late game. Last member is Skarmory with Spikes to add pressure to your opponent. This is the Fighting Check as well as Ground Immunity. Brave Bird is used to hit certain Fighting types that want to atempt to set up on Skarmory. Roost is used to recover HP and Whirlwind is used to force opponent out from setting up or using it to utilize the hazard that Skarmory sets on the field.

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break
Baxstenias

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Claw/Roost

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 132 SpD / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave
- Rest
- Taunt

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave/Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 228 Def / 40 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

When I had looked at the core I really liked the sets, but noticed how they got walled by Generic Steel with a back and forth Combo of Heatran and Ferrothorn. So I decided to patch up this weakness by adding a Landorus I with both Earth Power and Focus Blast to shut down steel completely. I added Stealth Rocks on it to add another defogger via Skarmory to the team, but greatly considered Knock off for shutting down normal and psychic and allowing Zard Y to sweep easier. Noticing how these 3 all got shut down by Thundurus's combination of HP Ice and Thunderbolt, Zapdos was added as the second specially defensive Mon to handle pressure from Thundurus and other Mons. It also serves as the first defogger of the team helping out Zard Y and Gyarados. I then added Skarmory to the team as basic physical defensive wall with defog to help out Zard Y and Gyara just in case Zapdos died. Iron head is there to check Mega Diancie as it is a major pain to this team. For the final slot I was really thinking since I didn't want my fastest mon to be Landorus since it's just above average speed tier, plus I was leaning toward a Physical/Mixed Attacker. I ended up going with Hawlucha as another Physical Attacking Mon, and I felt if played right could get past dark and normal.

Here is some a mon I thought might have filled up Hawlucha's Final Role Spot well.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower/Knock Off/Grass Knot

This would have been good picking apart Dark's annoying core of Mandibuzz, Mega Sableye, and Tyranitar(If Super Power) and allowing for a Zard Y, Hawlucha or Landorus Clean Up.It fills the role as a mixed fast pokemon well.Also T-wave is always good in paralyzing annoying threats.

Last edited:

Vid

Hi, can I request a Mono Normal team with a Bulky Snorlax and Bulky Staraptor? I choose these two mons because Snorlax is my favorite and Staraptor had always compliment Snorlax in the games, I know that isn't a great reason. I would like for this to stay close to a Bulky Offense, but if changes need to happen then so be it. I have provided below the sets I have ran and had some success with, I am bad at competitive and tend to lose a lot.

Max (Snorlax) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Starla (Staraptor) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Defog
- Roost
Reserved

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Power Gem
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic

Requesting a water team built around my old Starmie reflect type, basically used to counter Charizard Y and things like Breloom.
Reserved

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break
Also since Sableye and Sharpedo Mega are both greatly used more than Houndoom Mega on Dark, requesting a Dark team with it because it is greatly overshadowed by Sharpedo and Sableye for obvious reasons, but it seems like a fun mon to play with.

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb/Hidden Power Ground

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump/Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Vid

MaxtheLax

Snorlax (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Staraptor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Feather Dance/U-turn

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Return
- Ice Punch/Power-Up Punch

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave/Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace/Download
EVs: 248 HP / 25 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Ice Beam/Foul Play/ Hidden Power (Fire)

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Changes from original sets: I changed Staraptor's EVs from attack to defense due to it being a physical wall not an attacker. Also replaced Close Combat with U-turn or Feather Dance due to the annoying affect of the defense drops which is annoying for a defensive Pokemon. On Snorlax I moved EV's from Defense into HP due to it being a Special Tank and HP is always appreciated on special tanks.
The actual team: So after I did those changes really quickly I decided on Mega Lopunny as the first team member due to it being fast and when I read the request I saw that you wanted a Bulky Offensive Team. Fake out is there to scout and get guaranteed 135 base speed (instead of 105). Return and High Jump Kick are main STABs and both benefit from scrappy being able to hit ghost types very hard. Last move can either be Power-Up Punch (boost attack on a weakened Mon gives Lopunny a sort of sweeping role) or Ice Punch (Extra Coverage). The next two Pokemon were a core a very popular one being Chansey+Porygon2 because they wall a big portion of the Monotype Metagame together. Chansey sets up Stealth Rocks pressuring your opponent if they switch. Thunder Wave is used to slow down fast Mons that can threaten the team. Toxic can be used to stall out fat walls. Soft-Boiled is used to recover HP and Seismic Toss is used so Chansey won't be a sitting duck. Porygon2 has Recover to to recover HP and Toxic to stall out fat walls that threaten it. Discharge is used for coverage, but it is mostly used for the 30% chance to paralyze. Last slot can be Ice Beam (more coverage to round out BoltBeam Coverage) Foul Play (Used to punish Physical Setup Sweepers (Scizor, Bisharp etc.)) Hidden Power Fire (Used to beat Mon like Scizor and Ferrothorn are two good examples). I kept in mind that the team was going to be Bulky Offense so the last Pokemon had to be Offensive. So I decided on Specs Meloetta because I saw the lack of Special Attackers on the team. Hyper Voice is main STAB and Psyshock is a secondary STAB used to hit fat special walls from Physical side. Focus Blast is used to hit Steel types which resit Meloetta's Dual STAB. Shadow Ball is used to hit Ghost and Psychic types that Meloetta doesn't have coverage for already.

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
I'm bored and wanna get back into Monotype, so I'll drop a request.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt

I would like a Mono Fairy with Mega Gardevoir, because it's pretty damn powerful, and can spam its STAB movs almost at will. Will-O-Wisp hits Steel types on the switch in, and Taunt takes care of more defensive teams / Pokemon, so use whatever fits the team best.

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi! Just to get in something creative, I'd like an offensive Electric team with agility ampharos!

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid (or modest?) Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

I like Tailwind. A lot. I've loved slapping it onto a speedy scarfer that already has few moves to work with so I can surprise the enemy and sweep at least two enemy pokemon who can't deal with my heavy attacker's power. I love seeing people's reactions whenever they use an attack that will KO my mon and my mon uses Tailwind before being KO'd.

I want to make a Tailwind grass, but grass has sun already and the only really threatening non-chlorophyll non-weather ball pokemon is... Breloom. Maybe I could get some help with trying this out even if it's not amazingly viable.

Scott Whimsy (Whimsicott) (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: Customize It
- Taunt
- No Idea
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Also, I don't mind you getting creative with the Breloom set. I want to see what you think of. Grass doesn't really have the pokemon for a Tailwind team, however...

I don't really care if no one wants to try it. Just throwing an unorthodox idea out for everybody.

Last edited:

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break
QuintessenceHD

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Power Gem
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald/Flash Cannon
- Roar
- Defog

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 8 SpA / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave/Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower/Psyshock/Ice Beam

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Strong Jaw
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Ice Fang

As soon as I saw starmie, I decided to add Keldeo alleviate the pressure of Steel and Dark and break them much easier with Sub Calm Mind Keldeo. Scald is preferred over Surf Because of the burn chance. After thinking I decided I wanted Empoleon as my rocker because of it's nice Special Defense Stat and access to defog so Starmie does not have to remove hazards. I preferred Scald for more coverage and burn chance but Flash Cannon is also good and roar just phases out things after rocks are set. After putting these three mons together, I decided I wanted a Lanturn as an Electric Immunity and it fit perfectly. I originally had tentacruel and swampert for the grass and electric Immunity but I realized Thundurus killed both of them with Thunderbolt and Grass Knot so I decided against it. Heal Bell is to cure all my Pokemon of Status, Toxic is to poison an annoying Mon and out stall it, volt switch is for momentum. I then saw I needed a Physically Defensive mon as I was weak against physical attacks a lot so slowbro fit the bill perfectly. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go Calm Mind or just regular two attacks. on this one but I just stuck with Thunder wave two attacks, being scald and flamethrower for more steel coverage. Ice Beam can be for Dragons and Flyings while Psyshock can be a general stab. Finally, I wanted a fast physical revenge killer, so Sharpedo fits the bill perfectly. Crunch and Waterfall is for general STAB, but Hydro Pump can be added on Sharpedo to beat mons like Skarmory. Ice Fang is for Dragon and Flying Coverage.

Last edited:

Zar

What a time
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm bored and wanna get back into Monotype, so I'll drop a request.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt

I would like a Mono Fairy with Mega Gardevoir, because it's pretty damn powerful, and can spam its STAB movs almost at will. Will-O-Wisp hits Steel types on the switch in, and Taunt takes care of more defensive teams / Pokemon, so use whatever fits the team best.
Reserved

sceeeeeenes

Banned deucer.
Hello teambuilders in the current meta, balanced PSY is very good. However it's sad to see such a good mega in mega alakazam not used much. HO Psy has the mons and movepools to be awesome: (feel free to change moves and evs)

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Mew @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-
- Baton Pass
-
-

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
BrandonBeast

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- X-Scissor

Armaldo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Protect
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Encore

With a 252 SpA/252 Speed spread on Volc, I wanted to go with a more offensive counterpart, so I chose Scarf Durant to put in work against Scarfed Flying and Fire types. Using Volc you obviously need a spinner for support, and as such I chose Armaldo already having a Steel/Bug type in Durant. I added Shuckle for Rocks/Webs support of my own as Scarf Durant is a bit weaker compared to it's Hone Claws or Banded counterpart, but as I said I really did want the Scarf for Fliers so Rocks support was necessary. I chose Yanmega to help against Fighting as the team seemed a bit weak to it as it was. Make sure that whatever you do you do ALL you can to support Yanmega in that matchup. Once sashes are gone and if you lay Webs, Protect once and this thing just wins you the game. Finally I added Heracross-Mega for overall wallbreaking potential as I needed something to hit things like Chomp, which is typically bulkier, Porygon2, etc. Overall, I think this has some generic elements, but the Durant really sticks out to me. You really don't see that often on Bug because of Scizor and Forretress but it honestly has a lot of merit.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335265490 Vs. a pretty ungeneric Fire team, but it does still have Fletch so it's going to be a tough game. Both sides played pretty well and I honestly think the team performed great. Rock Slide missed cost me the game, and that's going to happen sometimes, but I think Durant is also a reason I was in the game.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335267419 Vs. a pretty standard non-Fletch Fire team, the only thing that really stood out to me was Arcanine, which I don't see much. Played really well, think I would've won even without Omnia switching out but it was a good game regardless.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335268895 vs. Dragon. Another example of me being BAD! I thought the team did great and I played well in this matchup, I should have switched out at the end. 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Durant: 66-78 (25.6 - 30.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO If I switch out and let Yan die and switch Durant back in, I have a chance to win with Rock Slide! Great game nonetheless.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-335270585 vs. Fighting. Another example where I think I played great. Really choked at the end though. I should've kept clicking Knock Off (I wasn't going before a Shadow Sneak anyways) and Webs were a bit too late, so I should've maybe been a bit more cautious about Yan (because of what I said above!) and maybe not have placed such a high importance on getting in Shuckle safely, or sacked something else to do it.

I hope you like the team! One thing i might suggest is putting Bug Buzz on Volcarona. You'll really have to play to get it in and sweep though since you'll have no recovery, as I strongly prefer lum for things like Prankster TWave or random secondary statuses. Thanks to Entei. for all the testing, I really felt like the team worked after doing so. Let me know how it goes BrandonBeast !
Thank you Omega-Xis14 for the awesome team! I've been loving it so far, it's so fun and easy to play! I've gotten to 1300s on the ladder so far with this team and a Flying team I made, so I thank you so much!

Here's a recent replay I have of Volcarona sweeping:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-336386641

Vid

Hello teambuilders in the current meta, balanced PSY is very good. However it's sad to see such a good mega in mega alakazam not used much. HO Psy has the mons and movepools to be awesome: (feel free to change moves and evs)

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Mew @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-
- Baton Pass
-
-
Reserved

QuintessenceHD

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Power Gem
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald/Flash Cannon
- Roar
- Defog

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 8 SpA / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave/Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower/Psyshock/Ice Beam

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Strong Jaw
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Ice Fang

As soon as I saw starmie, I decided to add Keldeo alleviate the pressure of Steel and Dark and break them much easier with Sub Calm Mind Keldeo. Scald is preferred over Surf Because of the burn chance. After thinking I decided I wanted Empoleon as my rocker because of it's nice Special Defense Stat and access to defog so Starmie does not have to remove hazards. I preferred Scald for more coverage and burn chance but Flash Cannon is also good and roar just phases out things after rocks are set. After putting these three mons together, I decided I wanted a Lanturn as an Electric Immunity and it fit perfectly. I originally had tentacruel and swampert for the grass and electric Immunity but I realized Thundurus killed both of them with Thunderbolt and Grass Knot so I decided against it. Heal Bell is to cure all my Pokemon of Status, Toxic is to poison an annoying Mon and out stall it, volt switch is for momentum. I then saw I needed a Physically Defensive mon as I was weak against physical attacks a lot so slowbro fit the bill perfectly. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go Calm Mind or just regular two attacks. on this one but I just stuck with Thunder wave two attacks, being scald and flamethrower for more steel coverage. Ice Beam can be for Dragons and Flyings while Psyshock can be a general stab. Finally, I wanted a fast physical revenge killer, so Sharpedo fits the bill perfectly. Crunch and Waterfall is for general STAB, but Hydro Pump can be added on Sharpedo to beat mons like Skarmory. Ice Fang is for Dragon and Flying Coverage.
Thanks for this team, it is a interesting take on the usual water stuff! I can't wait to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)