Tournament The Neverused Premier League IV - (Manager Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

The Neverused Premier League IV
(no banner this year either)

We're doing this again, apparently.

In this thread I expect this season's managers to sign up. We're sticking to the old numbers, so there's 6 slots to fill this time around too. If you want to manage, all you have to do is post and explain why you are fit to manage a team. Managers will be selected based on NU experience / NUPL experience / SPL experience so convince me you have that. Please note that any information other than that: I don't care; it probably isn't relevant.

What you have to do as manager:
  • Send in a roster every week
  • Keep activity high in your team / make subs when required
  • Play every week

Example sign up: (please note that doing a better post than this increases your chances)
me i lead NU

NU: i lead
NUPL: i lose every year
SPL: worst player of all time

There's 8 slots to fill this year:

ORAS NU
ORAS NU
ORAS NU
BW2 NU
BW2 NU
DPP NU
ADV NU
ORAS NU / BW2 NU / DPP NU (Best of 3)

This season won't have any XY / BW slots. As a manager you have to play in one slot every week, but it can be different slots from week to week so you're not restricted to a single metagame. If you still have questions, ask them. Here's to another enjoyable season!

Deadline for applications: Thursday, March 10th at 11:59 PM EST (gmt -5). (so like three days)

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
NU: been playing since the start of ORAS, mained NU ever since and its been the tier i've played the most :o
NUPL: played BW1 last year, went 2-3
SPL: Evergrande Pigs, currently better than Finchinator in NU and BWOU

edit: other people are actually writing shit so ill bite, I've been very active in NU and the Community since I started play last NUPL, getting a Tutor badge and Community Contributor fairly quickly for a new user, and I've been a big part of the community since and known basically the entire playerbase that's still active. Managing has been my goal for a while now, as I hope to manage in SPL next year and picking up this experience will be great :o

Last edited:
NU: I've been a community member since the beginning of XY and i've actually played the tier since BW2. I helped out in the room a lot in XY and then started getting more active on the forums when ORAS rolled around. Currently on the NU council where I make big decisions like fill out Viability Ranking Piratepads and ban the wrong pokemon. Im not exactly unfamiliar with the community.

NUPL: I was a new user during NUPL 2 so I didnt get picked, but I watched and took in the experience. Started in ORAS during NUPL 3 and went 2-3 for Hollywood's team so I have experience in the tour.

SPL: Started for the Firebot Falcons in SPL 7 and played all 9 weeks in NU. I went 4-5, but really got a feel for the team tournament environment and enjoyed my time in the tournament.

pick me pls i have a spreadsheet

Cased

Banned deucer.
NU: been playing technically since DPP, elite in all three metagames
NUPL: made finals in NUPL 2 and dominated that, then took a step back and won it as a manager in NUPL 3
SPL: killed the trifecta in SPL 5, now i just use gimmicky shit, insult people, and make the crowd go crazy

Since I won I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to get manager back,,,

CasedVictory: sup
CasedVictory: can i manage
%Quite Quiet: I have no reason not to, you won last year
%Quite Quiet: I mean, I'm on your side here and I frankly don't care what they think of you
%Quite Quiet: but they can still overrule it if they feel like really being idiots about it

i actually love this dude

Last edited:
Hi, I am DR. HJ. AD and i would like to put forward my proposal to be included as a manger in the upcoming NUPL 4. One of the dwindling survivors of the glorious BW2 NU era, i have forged strong experience and leadership skills across NUs two main tiers this NUPL, BW2 and ORAS. I have been known to not do too much outside this website and forum; constant availability, tireless effort and huge concentration are amongst several of my perks.

NU: I have been playing since DPP unofficially, but i didnt take playing mons so seriously back then. My main activity spawned in Middle - Late BW2 NU till now.
NUPL: Was bought in NUPL2 and 3. The former was fun since i got to experience a tournament environment without being involved in the actual playing, and the later was where i got some of my initial tour experience. My record didnt end up too pretty (0-2), however, i plan take some of the lessons learned from then into this tour.
SPL: bought in Midseason for the Cryonicles, have provided a proven testing ground for anyone in their respective tiers to test their teams out.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
NU: I was created by my lord and savior Omfuga during the era of the greatest metagame of all time BW LU. I picked up NU sometime thereafter and decided to main it for the current gen, you could argue this was an okay decision. Won the ORAS NU Tournament in 2015, peaked the XY NU Ladder at 1824 with the greatest NU team of all time, oh yeah and I mod this forum too so I guess thats a thing.

NUPL: Had the pleasure of being drafted by Raseri two years in a row, even got a verbal commitment for up to 30k this year if I decided to not manage. I can't be bothered to look up my record but I'm pretty sure its positive and I have experience in ADV DPP BW and ORAS so I guess thats cool.

SPL: I bring retarded shit and win games, tell people to shut the fuck up, but most importantly I win games. Currently 3-1 and looking to improve.

NU: I play and have played a lot, probably a lot of people know me by now for being that guy who never changes his teams yet somehow manages to win occasionally. I'm the only winner of NLT, winning it twice and have won a couple of other minitours whilst laddered a fair bit and I am the creator of the sliggod.

NUPL: I went 6-0 last year which is good i guess, whilst I built teams for our oras lineup week in and week out for the articunos who made finals, but we choked and lost to cased D: Our oras lineup last year was one of the most successful as blap, me and finch all had very positive records and did well n shit.

SPL: In spl 6, i played for the alpha ruiners (FREE ANNOYER) who went unbeaten in regular season up until finals where we lost to classiest, however i won my games n stuff and finished with a 7-2 record. Spl 7, I currently play for the cryonicles and have a 4-4 record, with a strong chance of making playoffs! I've not been as active this year due to exams n stuff but i'd like to manage this time around for shits n giggles.

i'm not very good at blowjobs, but pick me i swear i'm good

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
Whats up, for those of you who don't know I'm the Mod who ladders a lot and soliloquizes during games. I also have a tendency to overuse Xatu.
Ima' make this a little more personal than the quick 3 answers.

I didn't want to manage before due to time constraints, but I've changed my mind due to a realization.

I'm getting old. I'm 22 years old now, an old man by Showdown standards. I may be a Memer at nighttime, but during the day I'm counter-terrorism analyst and I'm pretty sure my boss would flip out if he knew I play Pokemon after I'm done tracking Al-Qaeda.

Due to work and classes, I've flirted with leaving a few times, but I've always come crawling back to the game that I've known since I was 6 years old.
However, I've determined this is going to be my 3rd and final NUPL. I'd like it to be the best and most enjoyable NUPL ever before I leave the community I've been with since 2013, for good.

I think I would be an great manager because I've always loved leading the charge due to internalized sense of confidence (legitimate or not) and my competitive nature. However, all that serious shit aside, my focus this year as a manager would be to have the most fun possible. NUPL is my favorite tour of the year and I intend to keep it that way.

I don't view having fun and winning as mutually exclusive. If I'm manager I want people who are good, sure, but also those who are great teammates and will help out even if they aren't starting (See Shaneghoul last year and look where he is now).

I also want the Memers, the people who don't take themselves too seriously and join tours for the fun of it, not just to pad egos or seek praise to fill their underlying insecurities. I don't want people getting worked up after hax/a bad game, for fucks sake we play this game to relax and have fun, not to add additional stress to our lives. If I'm manager and you're on my team, you won't start unless you're a team player, I don't care how good you think you are.

I intend to win this year, but shit happens and I won't take anything for granted.
However, you can bet your ballsack if I'm manager and you're on my team you will be a better player by the end of the tour.

If you care about records or w/e I was 4-1 last year and I don't do SPL (see section on taking game too seriously).
Sorry for the wall of text, just wanted to flesh out some things I thought were important.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
NU: I play the tier, you know, ladder a lot, make decent teams, ya know... I also play ADV NU and GSC NU if you need those
NUPL: Never played in it, hope to get drafted someday
SPL: ^

@iplaytennislol: BrandonBeast999 just write "ps: take this seriously"
Blast Chance: ^

So yeah, it'd be cool if I was a manager, I'd probably be REALLY bad at it, but hey, it'd be cool. :D

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
NU: me and my man water drone were the best nu players in the magneton era and havent touched the tier since so im a pretty good candidate if you ask me. as for current nu: i know sceptile is broke as shit and still hasn't been banned for some absurd reason
ive also played adv and dpp nu like once so ive acquired some v valuable experience

NUPL + SPL: who needs those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)