ORAS OU The New VoltTurn

Hey guys, Biskit back at ya with another rmt, teambuilding thingy. This is a team I made today and I've been messing around with. I'm not the greatest ladderer, but I did hit 1500 no sweat. I'd like to see how far it gets with those of you who are good ladder players. I always enjoyed building more anyways.

Regardless, onto the team

Team Overview:

-----------------------------------------------------

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Protect
Basically the reason I decided to build this team, beedrill is slowly becoming viable again, with its ability to 2HKO so much of the metagame. Poison jab and U-turn are obligatory STAB adapability boosted. Protect is for a guaranteed mega evo (for when I'm not feeling ballsy enough to not protect). I chose knock off over drill run because heatran gets worn down fast by rotom + lando-T + raikou, and even it doesn't appreciate losing its item.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
What would a voltTurn team be without any volt? I chose raikou for its great speed. Specs is to give it decent power. I chose a standard spread with the ev's. Volt switch the volt, Tbolt is the best STAB, hp ice for the likes of lando-T, and chomper. Shadow ball hits neutrally a lot, as well as decimating Megagross and the lati's.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
Next I wanted a physically defensive wall as well as Stealth Rocks. I chose lando-T over the more popular garchomp because of the nice intimidate buffer, as well its immunity to ground. Earthquake and Stone Edge for STAB and coverage. Gives me a decently slow U-turn, as well as just being a useful move in general.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with this guys ev's, but I decided since I have a defensive wall, I'll go spdef on this one. Very standard rotom set. I went for the 30 ev's so I could outslow other rotom. This is my slow volt switcher, and can give me a free switch into one of my frailer mons, AKA beedrill or raikou.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
At this point, I had a glaring dragon weakness, nothing likes switching in on lati's. Calm mind clef packs a punch, and gives me a way of dealing with sab stall teams a bit better (watch out for goth though). EV's are to live 2 psyshocks from LO lati. Flamethrower is for ferrothorn and scizor's who try and be predicting the switch.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog
Lati gives me a good switch into keldeo, which I lack (although rotom + clef do a decent job). Furthermore it provides defog, which is a must seeing how my team is so weak to hazards by nature. I chose her over her brother for healing wish, as it can save any one of my other members. I believe this spread was used back when greninja was around, but I like the extra bulk provided by the 72 hp.

Link to Import:
http://pastebin.com/wsiA6M7n

Hi! The team seems solid but It has big weakness to setup sweepers, especially Volcarona, because Clefable lacks Unaware, it will be able to use it as a setup bait and Sweep

To proof my point:

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Rotom-W: 178-210 (58.7 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

You wont be able KO back because Hydro miss deals 47 percent at +1

Lando is not able to switch:

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 16 SpD Landorus-T: 327-385 (85.6 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Poor Latias...

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 362-428 (113.4 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Even Raikou:

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Raikou: 277-327 (84.1 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

At +2 you have nothing to do.

I was thinking and I suggest to Change Lando For Defensive or Offensive Heatran, i know you are losing a U-Turn user, but you get a safe switch into Volcarona, Zard X( If they lack HP ground and EQ respectively) Serperior and M-Sableye's Will-O-Wisp and threat them with powerful attacks, also Rotom-W is better as physical tank so change his spread, and last change Magic Guard to Unaware on Clefable to win boosting wars with M-Sableye, Serperior, Manaphy and other CM users.

That's all for now. PM me if you have a problem with the team and I will be pleased to help you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)