The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stallion are you keeping track of everyone not in a league? I'm wondering if we have enough to form a fourth league again like in years past. Maybe supplementing with a few returning players from other leagues to get the number up to at least 10

Edit: looking back I'm seeing about 3-4 people looking for spots. Given that several of us are double dipping, i think it'd make more sense for a few people to give up one of their spots so that the newcomers don't get left out. If anyone who's currently in two leagues is willing to give up one of those spots for a newcomer, please volunteer and let the commish know so we can get the invites sent out.

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Any possibility of waivers in A to run by FAAB bidding instead of reverse standings?
It should be continual rolling list, i never changed it to reverse standings and have no idea why it would be that. I'll check it and fix.

Edit: it's showing as continual for me which is what i set it to

It should be continual rolling list, i never changed it to reverse standings and have no idea why it would be that. I'll check it and fix.

Edit: it's showing as continual for me which is what i set it to
Whoops, that's what I meant, CRL waivers. But any chance for FAAB? Vastly superior waiver system.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Whoops, that's what I meant, CRL waivers. But any chance for FAAB? Vastly superior waiver system.
Superior is subjective, but I'm willing to poll the league and change it if everyone wants that. I like the CRL because it forces people to think harder about their acquisitions before submitting waiver claims, but I'll do whatever the majority want.

biggie Stallion Mr.E Texas Cloverleaf shadowpandax fatty Finchinator ck49 how do y'all feel about switching to FAAB for the player acquisition system?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Ok I'm gonna give faab a whirl since most of us dgaf or even slightly prefer it. Don't forget y'all, draft this Saturday

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
League C draft - Texas's team

Reasonably satisfied with how my draft turned out, was fortunate enough to get the 3rd pick and take David Johnson who I have as the #1 RB overall anyway. Howard and Mixon aren't players who I typically take in drafts but they were good value falling to me at their positions and securing my RBs against the injuries that have plagued me in the past, the only thing that I might regret is passing on Gronkowski who went at 24 instead of Howard, would have been a major upgrade over Doyle at the cost of a weaker WR corps down the line; the choice with Mixon was Thielen who would have also been a good choice.

Hogan, Jones, and Sanders were all BPA for the WR slots and represent a high floor starting group, Goodwin went one pick after Hogan which was a bit unfortunate to miss on him, would have liked that as my WR2 instead of Jones, and a slight regret in taking Sanders when Jeffrey went a pick after, I'd expected him to last until the flip. Instead I made I think the best pick of the draft in taking Peyton Barber well above ADP, with his preseason performance and the competition to his role he should be a very comfortable season long RB2 which is terrific value in the 7th.

Lockett was also a good value pick with our league including a point per 25 return yards, should be a comfortable WR3 on that value alone with fantastic value if he breaks out this year. Rest of the draft is Doyle who I'm not sold on with Ebron around (league mates we can talk trades for me at TE and QB) and upside WR picks in Miller, Godwin, and Grant, plus Carr after the league went insane running on QBs, with more than half the league doubling up on slots.

Think this was a very solid draft overall and I'd expect to make playoffs as a 3 or 4 seed, with a shot at championship if any of the WRs break out.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yahoo ranking projections are hot garbage, they have shady mccoy in the 50s he shouldn't be available past pick 25

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I fucked up and thought I'd be able to draft while at fanexpo. Totally forgot to do it cause I got caught up in the moment at it. My bad. Hope everyone had a good draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)