Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I'm very sorry for that, I didn't check nor did I expect that.

Instead may I have a semi-stall team built around SubToxic Phione?
no
Rules say: "Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. (Think C+ or above in the viability rankings)"

no
Rules say: "Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. (Think C+ or above in the viability rankings)"
**sigh** tiredness pls
why can't frogadier be C+ rank

I honestly didn't mean to do that, I'm very sorry... Instead maybe a team around DD or SD Fraxure(who is thankfully C+). Setup Move is irrelevant, just want a team around Setup Fraxure

I really really really am sorry for these stupid mistakes

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lolbro

So here's a balanced team around DD Fraxure. The biggest problem DD Fraxure has is that it's essentially dead weight until the late-game, and even then it can find a hard time setting up or dealing enough damage to secure a sweep. Garbodor+Rhydon is probably my favorite defensive core at the moment, and for good reason. Rhydon checks some of the best Pokemon in the tier in Archeops, Kangaskhan, and Tauros, while also providing Stealth Rock. Garbodor provides a solid way to stop Sawk from spamming Close Combat, and also sets up Toxic Spikes and Spikes that plague most defensive and balanced teams. While Garbodor does provide a one-time Sawk switch-in (assuming your opponent predicts you) its not necessarily the most reliable, that's where bulky Scyther comes in. I absolutely love this thing on offense as Sawk is forced to A. be running Stone Edge and B. use it in order to kill Scyther on the switch in, this set also aims to pass Swords Dance boosts to literally every other team member to help break through offensive and defensive teams alike. Hitmonchan helps Rhydon to deal with Special Attacking Fire-types, and packs Rapid Spin to clear the field of Stealth Rock for Scyther. Samurott is like the only thing we have to take a Will-O-Wisp, which is actually really crucial. Samurott also provides another Fire resist to take some pressure off Rhydon and Hitmonchan.

The team struggles against bulky Will-O-Wisp users, however by boosting with Scyther and passing at the right time you can often get past this. The team makes use of a plethora of priority moves in conjuntion with entry hazards, so if need be don't be afraid to play aggressive and check threats with your priority attacks. I'm also tagging my friend KyleCole becuase he loves Fraxure and has been struggling to make a good team with it.

All in all the team aims to be as consistent as possible, while still being fun. Enjoy boys.
Fraxure @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Low Kick
- Poison Jab

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Drain Punch

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Megahorn

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

Dr Ciel

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Endeavor

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Signal Beam

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Polish

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Signal Beam

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 152 HP / 92 Def / 248 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt

Hey there, I have a solid Vivillon team that has brought me a lot of success. I changed your set slightly because I feel that sash w/ endeavor is Vivillon's best set atm. The goal is to chew a hit, quiver dance up, sleep smth then endeavor and go from there. Its very effective at basically putting yourself up 6-5 early on. The next member I chose was Prinplup. This pokemon helps with Vivillon's fire weakness and controls hazards. Signal Beam hits Shiftry and Malamar which is cool. Sometimes Shiftry's will click knock off against you predicting Roselia so you can just kill it essentially for free. Next on the team is Rhydon. This pokemon is my solid normal/flying resist and electric immunity. It also serves as a win condition. Im running jolly to outspeed and ko defensive Lanturns and other pokemon that ev to only outspeed adamant Rhydon. Megahorn helps with Malamar and grass types. Next on the list is Mesprit. This pokemon gives me a nice ground, psychic and fighting immunity. I'm not a huge fan of hp ground Mesprit because it still loses to Skunktank so just try to kill skunk with Rhydon or Tauros or Vivillon first before sweeping. Next on the list is spikes Roselia. This might seem a bit redundant with defog however the goal with Vivi is to weak/kill the opponents stealth rocker, then defog with prinp, and then stack all of my hazards. This pokemon is ev'd to live a jolly life orb stone edge from Kabutops after rocks or an adamant stone edge from full. The rest is put into sp.def to help with special attacking water types. Last on the squad is a nice ghost resist and fast revenge killer. Tauros is an amazing pokemon provided you dont miss. Fire blast is rly nice because everything on the team appreciates Ferroseed being gone. Enjoy!

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SlickHippo99

Linoone is a pretty standard set, if you find yourself struggling against Hex Rotom you can consider Jolly Linoone to deal with it after you boost though. Skuntank is here to lure Linoone checks like Mawile, Rotom, and Mismagius with Fire Blast and Pursuit, respectively. Memento also helps Linoone to get some free set up opportunities. Torterra is really good right as it checks a lot of things and is a really reliable Stealth Rock user. Rotom is our main check to things like Archeops and Tauros, defensive Colbur with Will-O-Wisp + Hex also checks most of the tiers physical attackers. You can run Max Speed Rotom if that set suits your playstyle better. Musharna gives us a solid Sawk answer, and to a lesser extent fighting types in general. Musharna also has the added benefit of being a Psychic-type that beats Skuntank. Poliwrath helps us check water and fire types, since we're pretty weak to these I've opted to go with Lefties for some longevity and Scald to get some yummy burns.
Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def / 40 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 24 HP / 224 Atk / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Memento

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Signal Beam

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

edit: max speed rotom is definitely the way to go, also kanga is a really tough matchup still not sure how to beat it unless we run protect on linoone LOL

Last edited:
SlickHippo99

Linoone is a pretty standard set, if you find yourself struggling against Hex Rotom you can consider Jolly Linoone to deal with it after you boost though. Skuntank is here to lure Linoone checks like Mawile, Rotom, and Mismagius with Fire Blast and Pursuit, respectively. Memento also helps Linoone to get some free set up opportunities. Torterra is really good right as it checks a lot of things and is a really reliable Stealth Rock user. Rotom is our main check to things like Archeops and Tauros, defensive Colbur with Will-O-Wisp + Hex also checks most of the tiers physical attackers. You can run Max Speed Rotom if that set suits your playstyle better. Musharna gives us a solid Sawk answer, and to a lesser extent fighting types in general. Musharna also has the added benefit of being a Psychic-type that beats Skuntank. Poliwrath helps us check water and fire types, since we're pretty weak to these I've opted to go with Lefties for some longevity and Scald to get some yummy burns.
Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def / 40 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 24 HP / 224 Atk / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Memento

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Signal Beam

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave
Awesome thanks so much for the team it looks really solid! Can't wait to try it out!

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
bobika

Pyroar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hyper Beam
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 160 SpA / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Grass Knot
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 208 Def / 88 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass
- Fire Fang

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 88 HP / 224 Atk / 116 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt

Here's the Pyroar/Claydol team you requested. I changed the sets slightly but that's just something that I do. Specs Pyroar is used as the team's wallbreaker plowing huge holes in your opp's team and can fire off a powerful hyper beam if not its gonna get knocked out that turn. Claydol is adapted to beat Rhydon via grass knot and can remove the annoyances to scyther for it to win late game. Scyther + lanturn provide a good volturn core allowing Pyroar to switch in safely. Mawile provides the hazards and has baton pass to keep the momentum up. Skuntank is to remove any CM psychics as well as Mega Audino which are huge annoyances to the team.

Hope you enjoy! n_n

bobika

Pyroar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hyper Beam
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 160 SpA / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Grass Knot
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 208 Def / 88 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass
- Fire Fang

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 88 HP / 224 Atk / 116 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt

Here's the Pyroar/Claydol team you requested. I changed the sets slightly but that's just something that I do. Specs Pyroar is used as the team's wallbreaker plowing huge holes in your opp's team and can fire off a powerful hyper beam if not its gonna get knocked out that turn. Claydol is adapted to beat Rhydon via grass knot and can remove the annoyances to scyther for it to win late game. Scyther + lanturn provide a good volturn core allowing Pyroar to switch in safely. Mawile provides the hazards and has baton pass to keep the momentum up. Skuntank is to remove any CM psychics as well as Mega Audino which are huge annoyances to the team.

Hope you enjoy! n_n
ty QoL for the team. I just wanted to ask, what do spreads on skuntank, lanturn and claydol do?

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
ty QoL for the team. I just wanted to ask, what do spreads on skuntank, lanturn and claydol do?
Skuntank:
The HP EVs gives you a leftovers number so that's always helpful to gain back that extra amount of HP; the Atk investment always guarantees a 3HKO on max/max Mega Audino with PJab; the Spe is to out-slow 0 Spe Xatu so you can Pursuit trap it on a potential U-turn out and finally I just threw the rest into Spdef so that I can check Lilligant, Shiftry, Mega Audino and the few remaining Psychic types using Signal Beam (or potentially HP Ground lol).
Lanturn:
Spe is to outspeed Jolly Rhydon because people continue to use this and until that stops you might as well bop them with a Scald. Hp gives you a lefties number and bulk into mostly def to take a hit from arch and kabu with a good amount of spdef to take hits from fire types
Claydol:
Enough spe for Jolly Rhydon and Grass Knot 2hkos defensive rhydon with that much spa, with the rest thrown into hp/def to take a hit from the likes of sawk or skuntank.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Where'dTheseDucksComeFrom

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Shard

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall / Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Mismagius @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball / Hex
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 168 HP / 124 Def / 216 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Naughty Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm
- Explosion

I decided to go with Ice Shard > Signal Beam on Vanilluxe because I just find the priority so useful in almost every match I've played with this team. It does make it weaker to Malamar, but Malamar tends to struggle with the offensive nature of the team anyway, so I didn't bother with Signal Beam. I also changed Kabutops to just the standard SD + 3 attacks because I really don't like Spin Kabutops at all, but if you want to use it go ahead. I also personally prefer Adamant, but Jolly works fine as well. Mismagius was added as a soft Fighting check and Ground immunity, but most importantly one that's fast. Dual status is also the best set by far imo, being able to burn slower stuff and paralyze faster stuff is amazing especially for this team. Piloswine provides Stealth Rock support and a strong check to a lot of Pokemon like Rhydon, Ice-types, Electric-types, etc as well as some more priority. Garbodor is a much more durable Fighting switch-in as well as an important resist to Grass and Bug, and a nice catch-all to most physical attackers due to Helmet + Aftermath. The spread is customized to preserve as much bulk as possible (lives two Sawk CCs from full) while outspeeding neutral nature base 70s, so that I can potentially surprise it coming in to revenge kill me. Went with Drain Punch + Seed Bomb in the last two slots for Klinklang / Pawniard and Quagsire, though Seed Bomb is probably the most expendable if you want to use Toxic Spikes or Haze or something. Lastly, Shiftry provides more priority (important since Shiftry's is by far the strongest) and important STAB coverage to beat bulky Psychics and bulky Waters. Explosion Shiftry is easily my favorite Shiftry set, since it gives a nice nuke button to just about every normal switchin to Shiftry (Skuntank, Audino, Vileplume, etc).

Hope you enjoy, just keep in mind the team is fairly fast-paced so sometimes you just have to get used to sacking something since I don't have proper switchins to a lot of threats. Have fun!

Last edited:

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
blaziken1337

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Ability: Filter
EVs: 208 HP / 4 Def / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Poliwrath @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Encore

Mime is ass. Here's a team that tries to make it work something something ass.

Where'dTheseDucksComeFrom

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Shard

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall / Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Mismagius @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 168 HP / 124 Def / 216 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Naughty Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm
- Explosion

I decided to go with Ice Shard > Signal Beam on Vanilluxe because I just find the priority so useful in almost every match I've played with this team. It does make it weaker to Malamar, but Malamar tends to struggle with the offensive nature of the team anyway, so I didn't bother with Signal Beam. I also changed Kabutops to just the standard SD + 3 attacks because I really don't like Spin Kabutops at all, but if you want to use it go ahead. I also personally prefer Adamant, but Jolly works fine as well. Mismagius was added as a soft Fighting check and Ground immunity, but most importantly one that's fast. Dual status is also the best set by far imo, being able to burn slower stuff and paralyze faster stuff is amazing especially for this team. Piloswine provides Stealth Rock support and a strong check to a lot of Pokemon like Rhydon, Ice-types, Electric-types, etc as well as some more priority. Garbodor is a much more durable Fighting switch-in as well as an important resist to Grass and Bug, and a nice catch-all to most physical attackers due to Helmet + Aftermath. The spread is customized to preserve as much bulk as possible (lives two Sawk CCs from full) while outspeeding neutral nature base 70s, so that I can potentially surprise it coming in to revenge kill me. Went with Drain Punch + Seed Bomb in the last two slots for Klinklang / Pawniard and Quagsire, though Seed Bomb is probably the most expendable if you want to use Toxic Spikes or Haze or something. Lastly, Shiftry provides more priority (important since Shiftry's is by far the strongest) and important STAB coverage to beat bulky Psychics and bulky Waters. Explosion Shiftry is easily my favorite Shiftry set, since it gives a nice nuke button to just about every normal switchin to Shiftry (Skuntank, Audino, Vileplume, etc).

Hope you enjoy, just keep in mind the team is fairly fast-paced so sometimes you just have to get used to sacking something since I don't have proper switchins to a lot of threats. Have fun!
Thanks for the team, i'm going to test it out now, also with so much status on mismag wouldn't hex be better than shadow ball? :heart:

Last edited:
hi! I would like to request a team with rock pollish! I really wanted to make a hyper offensive team but i always fail and it turns to stall for some reason. I saw this set on the strategy dex and i found it in intresting and i always wanted to try it out but unfortunately i'm horrible at nu and would really like to get better at it so i thought this forum was great. If you guys could make me a offensive hazzard stacking team with rock polish aurorus that would be great thx! n.n

The Set:

Aurorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Hyper Voice
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Last edited:

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the team, i'm going to test it out now, also with so much status on mismag wouldn't hex be better than shadow ball? :heart:
Yeah Hex is definitely usable, just generally comes down to preference. I prefer sball just because it hits Xatu and non-statused Mushy harder but I'll slash that in

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey could I request a force-switch hazard team around this:

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 140 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wish
- Substitute
- Yawn
- Seismic Toss

This thing, once it sets up, forces switches easily and I think a hazard/forceswitch team would be really dangerous. I would build it myself, but I'm useless at building :3

Thanks in advance!! ^-^

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
PoMMan

So here's the build I came up with. Combusken is offensive subpass with a ton of defensive evs to set up on random things. Marowak is what i'd consider standard right now, idk why you'd run double edge in this meta cuz ferro is everywhere but you can do that over fire punch if you want. the core struggles with water ground and fighting types so i added defensive gourgeist. we're now weak to flying types and fire types so carracosta makes sense. another fighting check is always good and the team needs hazards to actually do damage so garbodor makes a lot of sense here. we're still a little weak to fire types like pyroar and we dont like entry hazards on our side so av chan fits nicely, it also adds some offensive presence to the team outside of the main core.

have fun and enjoy!
Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Careful Nature
- Baton Pass
- Low Kick
- Substitute
- Flare Blitz

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
- Substitute

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Foul Play

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

edit: yogibears i'm gonna reject that kangaskhan nom unless someone else feels the desire to build around it. it's too niche of a set, and from what i've seen from myself and friends playing it on ladder it just doesnt do much.

I would like to request and interesting semi rain core. Ludicolo and kabutops are standard but the third mon of the core is either a custap berry or a black belt Sawk with Rain dance. When i saw he could learn it i thought of the funny reactions i could get from getting a clutch rain dance off after sturdy. An added addition to the team but not necessary is any mon who could spam thunder in the rain such as one of the rotoms or electivire potentially. Sorry if the team concept or core is not effective or viable enough to use i just wanted a team with some HEAT!

May i Get a team built around DD Tort?

Torterra @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge

**Set is interchangeable**

Last edited:
May I get a normal spam hyper offense team built around mixed swellow?

Swellow Life Orb
Ability:Scrappy
Ev:252Spa/4Atk/252Spe
Naive Nature
-Boomburst
-Heat Wave
-Brave Bird
-U-turn

someone try to make a team around nasty plot raichu. On paper it looks really good imo, because it hits 110 speed and after a boost it has the coverage to blow most things in the tier back. I think tbolt, grass knot and hp fire in last slot fits best since there are no viable dragons in the tier and hp fire hits ferroseed hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)