The Power Of Eclipse [Peaked #1]

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
The Power Of Eclipse

Team Preview

Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to my first XY UU rmt. So this is basically a team I made for the Ladder Tournament which has been doing great and managed to peak 1st with 1824 points. This introduction is going to be just a rough version on how I build the team and how it basically works. So when I first got the idea, it was when Magnezone was BL and I wanted to try out the Hydra/Victini/Magne core, it's a great core but it just didn't fit in on my team, so Victini got replaced with Nidoqueen which gives Aerodactyl an extra coverage move to run and basically just helped the team out a shitton against stall. Don't get me wrong, Vicitini is great, but neither band for life orb fits my team due to band making vic beeing locked which gives me 3 mons having a locking item, this basically means that stall has a very easy time switching against my team. Also life orb vic really didn't fit the profit and Nidoqueen was just working way better. And after that the only change was Magneton over Magnezone as it got the boot to bl, with that my team was finished and ready to wreak havoc. So the team basically works around Mew which is the MVP of the team which I will explain later in the rmt. So the team consists of an voltturn core (Hydra, Magneton), utility (Aerodactyl, Nidoqueen), wallbreaking (Nidoqueen, Heracross) and sweeping/cleaning (Mew, Aerodactyl and Hydra). So just by looking at that you can easely see how the team comes out, i'm abusing voltturn to bait walls/checks for that mon, to get something else in to get advantage, but ofc it's not always easy to do so, which means hard switching will always be a thing. But basically just wear the opposing team down to where Hydra, Aero or Mew can sweep, this should not be hard to find out in team preview as it's there you will make your plan and see what the opponent is most weak too. Anyway ive talked a shitton more than I was supposed to do, but thats cool, lets get to the details of the team.

A Closer Look

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Draco Meteor | Dark Pulse | Fire Blast | U-Turn

Hydreigon is my scarfer and acts as great revenge killer as theres only two common scarfers that outspeeds him, with his amazing coverage and access to U-Turn this guy is really hard to wall, and creates momentum very easely which can be very devastating. But Hydreigon is not only usefull for revenge killing, it's also the best offensive check to Houndoom as it resists both of it's STAB's and ohko's it after Stealth Rock. And also with it's nice dragon/dark typing it can check the fire types running amock in the tier. The moveset is rather standard, dual STAB which hits most off the meta neutral, Fire Blast is just filler and theres a shitton off options to put here, and lastly and maby the most important move on the set is U-Turn, which makes this pokemon much harder to wall.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure / Though Claws
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
Aerial Ace | Stone Edge | Defog | Earthquake

Aerodactyl works mostly as a cleaner, fire switchin (fuck you Entei) and defogger, this pokemon is just great at what it does and is just doing so well in the meta right now. It checks so much stuff with it's amazing coverage and speed, and also helps my team not beeing worn down by hazards especially against stall. The spread is made to outspeed base 115's but also retain some bulk as it doesn't need more speed. The moveset is mostly standard, but Aero can run a lot off different coverage options based on what you need to hit. Dual STAB as Bird spam is gud, Stone Miss recks fire types, and Earthquake rounds off the EdgeQuake combo, and lastly ive got defog to get rid off annoying hazards and scary screens on boosting teams.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
Sludge Wave | Earth Power | Ice Beam | Stealth Rock

Nidoqueen is just a monster on what it does, it's got amazing coverage and a great typing (yeah fuck t-spikes) while also getting those nifty rocks up for me, which ain't hard at all with all those Florges running around. What Nidoqueen basically does is wallbreak and setup hazards, and it does this very well. The ev spread is made to outspeed other Nidoqueens which mostly runs 224 speed, and also outspeeding defensive mew, celebi, jirachi and adamant honchcrow. The moveset is standard, again dual STAB which has great coverage, and Ice Beam for levitating rock/ground types but can also be a decent move to spam sometimes, the last move is Stealth Rocks as that is totally needed on any team cause best mover ever.

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
Megahorn | Close Combat | Stone Edge | Sleep Talk

Heracross is a beast wallbreaker and nothing walls him whatsoever, it hits so hard it's ridicoulus, and also gets amazing coverage, and Sleep Talk cause fuck smeargle, vivillon, venomoth and roserade, and Knock Off isn't really needed on my team. Heracross job is obviously to wallbreak and let something else sweep, and it does this great, as it has an amazing offensive typing which also isn't to bad defensivly. Heracross also got acceptable bulk so it can take a hit and hit like a truck back. The moveset is standard except Sleep Talk, I run Sleep Talk cause my team is incredibly weak to sleep moves, and I noticed that Heracross could easely take advantage off this, next up is dual STAB which is incredibly strong and only Crobat, Chandelure and Florges are really safe to switch into it which both get nabbed by Stone Edge anyway, I guess I can run Earthquake over it, but thats up to preferences imo.

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
Thunderbolt | Volt Switch | Flash Cannon | Hidden Power [Grass]

Magneton is no different from it's higher evolution, they are both working just the same just that Magneton has higher speed and gets better physical bulk with eviolite, but it's weaker than Magnezone which i kinda annoying as florges can be a bitch to deal with at full health. I don't run Choice Specs cause I really don't need it tho extra power is nice, but I find eviolite way more usefull as this lets it deal with Hydreigon much easier, but also lets me lure in ground types to 2hko them with hp grass or flash cannon, also analytic is an amazing ability to punish switch-ins, and my team doesn't really have problems with steel types. The ev spread is made to outpeed max speed adamant crawdaunt and 76 speed mega blastoise as you don't want to take a fighting move from those at all. The moveset is incredibly standard with dual STAB's which got nice coverage, and deals with those pesky watertypes (fuck scald), and Volt Switch which is great at grabbing momentum and getting that analytic boost hit. Last up is HP Grass which is great to have against Rhyperior, Swampert and Quagsire.

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
Zen Headbutt | Drain Punch | Sucker Punch | Swords Dance

So here it is Mew the MVP of the team, I have to say that Swords Dance mew is incredibly underrated and can easely smash a team without a faster dark type or a defensive mew/sableye. What Mew basically does is, setup late game/mid game depends if it can sweep mid game ofc, and then just wreak havoc. Only at +2 it just shits on offensive teams as it hits very hard, but also it's got great coverage, tho it gets walled by some common stuff, I have 5 other mons to wear them down or ko them for it. The ev spread is made to outspeed Houndoom before going mega and Drain Punch it, rest is put in hp for some bulk. The moveset is abusing Zen Headbutt which has great coverage in conjunction with Drain Punch while also having a nifty flinch chance, next up is Sucker Punch which is totally needed to pick off faster threaths, and then Swords Dance to boost it's attacking stat to higher levels so it can actually wreak havoc.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Defog
- Earthquake

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 232 Spd / 252 SAtk / 24 HP
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 144 Spd / 252 SAtk / 112 HP
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 Atk / 40 HP
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

It seems Hyper Offensive teams work out quite well :O
May i ask why you use Choice Band over Choice Scarf on Heracross? He isnt really the fastest Pokémon out there :S

May i ask why you use Choice Band over Choice Scarf on Heracross? He isnt really the fastest Pokémon out there :S
Well I think I can answer that one for you. The purpose of this set is to wall break, not sweep or revenge kill and so he has gone for max power with CB and Adamant nature as well as Guts over Moxie. With all the other speedy threats on his team he doesn't really need another Scarf user.

Looks like a real solid team, and congrats on No. 1!

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Yes, Heracross purpose is to wallbreak and weaken the opposing team down to where my sweepers/cleaners can eventually clean up after it.
Also thx RowDog :]

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Grats on No. 1 Bluwing. Gonna offer a little bit of input though:

Hydreigon: You mention Fire Blast is kinda filler. I know you already have Dark Pulse as a cleaning move of sorts, but maybe give Dragon Pulse a try over Fire Blast? It generally has better neutral coverage to clean up with and is marginally stronger too.

Aerodactyl: Perhaps Adamant over Jolly to give it more power to clean up with? You still outspeed all base 100s with that spread before Mega Evolution and all base 130s after it (see; Crobat and Jolteon)

Magneton: Maybe only enough to outspeed Florges (think this is, like 24 EVs) unless the Speed EVs are beating out something I'm just not seeing, in which case, ignore this.

Yeh, adamant>jolly gives it some really nice extra pwr, and like EonX- said, you still outspeed the most important things.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Thx for the rate guys.

Ok so first off Dragon Pulse over Fire Blast will ofc work fine, it's up to preferences and I could just slash it in there, but I also said this in the description. Also EonX- did you even read my description or did you just look at the sets ? Aerodactyl's Ev spread is made to outspeed base 115's before Mega, and Mega Manectric after Mega, also when it comes too Magneton it's Ev spread is made to outspeed max speed adamant Crawdaunt and 76 Speed Blastoise, as those can really dent it if i'm not outrunning them.

Cool team and congrats on the peak!

Not much to say really. ill have to try out this team this weekend! My only questjon is why 4 def evs on hydreigon? You probably want to prevent a sp atk boost from download pz, but other than that i dont see the point of 4 def evs...

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Cool team and congrats on the peak!

Not much to say really. ill have to try out this team this weekend! My only questjon is why 4 def evs on hydreigon? You probably want to prevent a sp atk boost from download pz, but other than that i dont see the point of 4 def evs...
The 4evs is just random put them wherever you want, and also thx :)

Hey Bluwing great team but a quick question: Is there a reason you are using nidoqueen over nidoking? Nidoking gives you better wall breaking capabilities as well as better speed, and still has decent bulk.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Nidoqueen is bulkier and sets up rocks much easier, it also hits just as hard as Nidoking, and the speed from Nidoking is less valuable than the bulk of Nidoqueen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)