The Princess And The Swordsman

I've just recently gotten into the Pokemon Showdown scene here, and this team here's powered me to the 1400s and still climbing. It's gone through quite a few iterations as of late, and this is the penultimate version I've come up with.

The team is a "theme team", centred around a Gardevoir and a Gallade. I do not plan on getting rid of them. It is a BP-focused team, with a Scolipede being used to provide Defense and Speed boosts to the duo, areas in which they both are lacking.

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

We'll start off with the Princess of Pain herself, Mega-Gardevoir. She forms the main special attack backbone of the team, running four coverage moves to cripple pretty much everything. Moonblast is her main STAB, smashing Dragons that threaten the rest of the team. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast act as coverage, crushing Steel, Ghost, and Psychic types. Finally, Psyshock gives M-Gard a solid move to push through special walls like Blissey without needing to switch out and drop her boosts.

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Sneak

The physical attacker of the main duo, Gallade hits hard against almost any type between Psycho Cut, Close Combat, and Stone Edge. Shadow Sneak provides the team with much-needed priority and a reliable way to dent Psychic and Ghost types. Still, Gallade isn't perfect. I find Shadow Sneak lacks hitting power and his durability, even when boosted, hasn't impressed.

Scolipede @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn
- Iron Defense
- Protect
The string that ties the team together. Scolipede is constantly going in to rebuild precious boosts, nullify Toxic Spikes, and land surprise kills against Dark and Psychic types. He's served me well, letting me regain momentum after many a lucky enemy crit. Iron Defense and Speed Boost give Scolipede it's buffs to pass. Protect all but ensures it will always get at least one boost off, and Megahorn provides a strong (if unreliable) stab that's surprised many an opponent who saw Scolipede as setup bait.

Cinccino @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Tail Slap
The team's sub-breake and most adorable sweeper, Cinncino and I have a love-hate relationship. After a long string of matches where she will get stalled, one-shotted, or burned to uselessness, she always comes out and salvages a 3-6 into a 2-3. She provides a solid punch with Skill Linked multi-hits and Knock Off for Gengar and Aegislash.

Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Moltres brings a second set of powerful (and unreliable) special moves to the table. In a pinch it can check Talonflame and retaliate with Hurricane. Fire Blast eradicates many steel, grass and bug threats. HP Grass is a newer addition, giving a viable countermeasure against Rock and Water types switching in.

Aggron @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 56 SDef / 160 Atk / 252 Def / 40 HP
Careful Nature
- Head Smash
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
After loads of difficulty dealing with Talonflame, I brought Aggron on as a hard counter. Slow but strong, his mere presence will often scare off Talonflame, giving him a critical turn to get down SR. Taunt and Roar give him some utility to pierce stall teams, and Head Smash is utterly devastating when it hits.

I'm looking for any advice to help get the most of the Gallade-Gardevoir core. In particular, bulky water types like Rotom-W and Vaporeon give the team trouble. As well, status Pranksters with Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp wreak havoc on the team. Any thoughts are appreciated.

For Aggron, an EV spread of 40 HP / 88 Def / 160 Atk / 124 SDef with Impish nature gives you the same stats, with 96 extra EVs to place where you want.

I think noivern could replace your Cincinno and Moltres, you already have a check for talonflame and noivern laughs at subs with infiltrator. I know it is kind of a big change to your team but at least you get to keep your core of gardevoir and gallade. I would switch moltres and Cincinno for a noivern and trevanant. there are a few good variations of both that you can use but here is what I would recommend.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Air Slash/Hurricane

This will outspeed just about everyhting barring jolteon and crobat but it is great against sub users and doesnt mind being burned.

Trevenant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SDef / 120 Spd
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Shadow Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

This guy decimates bulky water types with base 110 attack(i think) and with this set up is immune to status rendering those pranksters useless. I didnt come up with these sets but I think they will help.

I think noivern could replace your Cincinno and Moltres, you already have a check for talonflame and noivern laughs at subs with infiltrator. I know it is kind of a big change to your team but at least you get to keep your core of gardevoir and gallade. I would switch moltres and Cincinno for a noivern and trevanant. there are a few good variations of both that you can use but here is what I would recommend.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Air Slash/Hurricane

This will outspeed just about everyhting barring jolteon and crobat but it is great against sub users and doesnt mind being burned.

Trevenant @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SDef / 120 Spd
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Shadow Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

This guy decimates bulky water types with base 110 attack(i think) and with this set up is immune to status rendering those pranksters useless. I didnt come up with these sets but I think they will help.
Continuing from his sets, running a Sitrus Berry Stall Trevenant may be a good choice.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SDef / 120 Spd
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect

Obvious what this guy does. Seeds, then protects, then Subs, then restores it's health with Sitrus Berry, gets another one, and continues to spam this.

In my opinion at least, Hydreigon Functions better than Noivern on your team,mespecially with your Baton Passing Scolipede, and due to the fact that Hydriegon can run both Mixed and Special Sets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)