The Royal Sharpedo's Debut - B/W OU

I can't say for sure what Metagross has, but at least I can provide Sharpedo info.

Mild / Life Orb / Speed Boost
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Protect
56 Attack / 252 Sp. Attack / 200 Speed

Hitting as hard as it possibly can on the special side (without Specs), Sharpedo probably would have killed Metagross. The thing had 42% when it died, and I think Hydro Pump would have easily done the 60% necessary in that scenario.

I'd imagine he switched Heatran into Sharpedo because he was expecting you to switch into Ferrothorn. Having already seen your Magnezone, and knowing that the most popular set (well, that I've seen) aims to trap and use Ferrothorn as the ultimate set up bait, he probably thought you'd go straight to it; hence surprising you with a Heatran. Going to Reuniclus would have also worked out perfectly for him, if only his Fire Blast hadn't missed.

Pretty good battle, but the protect hax and the fire blast miss weren't great. I give it a 7.5/10 and hope to see more warstories from you!

I enjoyed the read, but I tend to like most Warstories even if they have a few misplays. (It seems more human that way)
I've been lurking on the forums quite a while before getting an account so I've seen different formatting. It was a little on the light side with the comments.

I guess I'll give it
7.5/10

Again, an average warstory where hax had a HUGE impact on the outcome; of course, I'm talking about that double miss and that double Protect... Also, a couple of misplays (+1 Metagross Bullet Punch KOing a Porygon-Z at 65% health isn't really a surprise; and that double switch on turn 13 when he foresaw your switch to Salamence), mainly due to your lack of prediction skills. However, your comments aren't bad, even good at times. Also great formatting.

Format: 10/10
Battle: 4/10
Commentary: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

I don't see why all the people are criticizing you for the double Protect. There was no other viable strategy for you to have done. The only other outcome would be that you didn't get it and lost, so it was more exciting to see it come down to Sharpedo vs Metagross.

People are criticizing it not because it wasn't a good move, but because it means the battle was decided on a coin flip. Some people think that makes it more exciting, others think the luck ruins the story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)