ORAS OU The Slurp Squad (rate my Slurpuff OU Offense)

The Slurp Squad Because Slurpuff tho

tumblr_inline_o9vm23Stum1s4plcm_500.gif
gallade-mega.gif
excadrill.gif
Thundurus_Therian_Forme_XY.gif
Shiny_Parasect_XY.gif
Weavile_XY.gif

I'm the Will-O-WispUser back again with another Slurpuff RMT. The main difference is that it's OU now. I noticed most of Slurpuff's main threats were back in UU (Mega Aggron, Crobat, Mega Beedrill, ETC) so I decided to make an OU team for him, and I'm happy I did for I got a 1449 ranking with it! even though i went all the way back down due to tilt

Teambuilding Process

I chose a Slurp+MGallade core for mainly two reasons: Mega Gallade kills Poison types (with Zen Headbutt) and Mega Gallade kills Steel types (with Close Combat). Mega Gallade is also just a really fun Mon to use. Swords Dance it usually easy to set up (unless you make a bad switch) and once Swords Dance is set up, you can sweep 2-6 Pokemon with just Mega Gallade. Mega Gallade also scares away Steel and Poison giving Slurpuff a free switch-in. I also like the fact of using Mega Gallade since everyone usually picks Mega Gardevoir instead because of her speed and special attack while if you look at Mega Gallade, he's just her physical attacking counterpart.

gallade-mega.gif
excadrill.gif

I chose Excadrill because he works well with Slurpuff being a steel type after all. I also chose him because I needed a rapid spinner. I actually had a Jirachi instead of Excadrill to set up stealth rocks but decided I should probably pick Excadrill since it can Rapid Spin, setup Stealth Rocks and be a great counter to Gengar; one of Slurpuff's biggest threats in OU. Note: If I have to replace a Pokemon I will preferably get rid of Excadrill since his main purpose is to just set up SR and rapid spin, nothing else.

I chose Thundurus-T because it was the more offensive version of regular Thundurus. I didn't want to choose Thundurus because it's Prankster was more for T-Waving and it had less special attack too. Thundurus can also survive most neutral hits giving him the advantage to set up agility. Once agility is set up he becomes a pretty good Mon able to sweep 1-4 Pokemon which is pretty good.

Parasect is a pretty weird Pokemon in OU, in fact he's pretty weird anywhere having abysmal stats and all, but what caught my eye was Spore, Leech Seed and Aromatherapy. All these moves help against gimmicks, sweepers and walls. My team was also in need of an Aromatherapy/Heal Bell user due to most of my Pokemon being vulnerable to burns due to the fact most of them are sweepers. Again, an odd one but an effective one (paired up with Focus Sash of course).

tumblr_inline_o9vm23Stum1s4plcm_500.gif
gallade-mega.gif
excadrill.gif
Shiny_Parasect_XY.gif
Weavile_XY.gif

Now I wanted a Pokemon that could deal with Steel types when Mega Gallade was removed since Steel is more common in OU but I also wanted a Pokemon with Priority moves and first Mon that came to mind was Weavile. Weavile is a great cleaner due to his unique typing, fast speed, good attack and access to Fake Out and Ice Shard. Weavile also had Low Kick which is how he can damage/remove Steel types.

The Sets
slurpuff_by_dashinghero-d6p3ch7.png

Powerpuff (Slurpuff) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 180 HP / 128 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

"Slurpuff is the teams "Main Man". Slurpuff (IMO) is probably the best sweeper in UU for just 2 main reasons. Slurpuff has access to Unburden and Belly Drum. When Belly Drum is used it maxes out Slurpuff's attack, but halves Slurpuff's health. When Slurpuff's health is halved it triggers Slurpuff's Sitrus Berry giving Slurpuff a quarter of its health back. When the Sitrus Berry is gone due to Belly Drum Slurpuff's Unburden triggers doubling Slurpuff's speed, making it the perfect sweeper. Slurpuff also has a good typing making it immune to Dragon type moves and only weak to two types; Steel and poison. Slurpuff also got access to Drain Punch this or last year (I forgot) giving Slurpuff back its health when used. The EV's I chose for Slurpuff are different to the Smogon analysis but for good reason. I find it odd Smogon actually doesn't have this sets EV's but that's a whole 'nother story. The reason I chose 220 HP, 128 Attack and 160 Speed is rather simple actually. When Slurpuff uses Belly Drum it multiplies its attack by 4/maxes it out. 4 x 250 (the attack stat Slurpuff has when 128 EV's are put into it) is 1000 basically giving Slurpuff 1000 attack in battle, also when Slurpuff eats his berry his speed doubles. 2 x 220 (again, the speed stat when 160 EV's are put into it) is 440, giving Slurpuff just enough speed to outspeed Mega Aerodactyl, which is insane if you think about it. The rest of the EV's go into HP to make sure Slurpuff doesn't get KO'd when he uses Belly Drum. (sorry for the huge commercial script I wrote LOL)" -Me Last Post

mega_gallade_by_dashinghero-d7yxd73.png

Get-Lade (Gallade) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Mega Gallade is really underrated to put it short, he's basically the physical version of Mega Gardevoir. Again, I chose him because he countered what Slurpuff is weak to; Steel and Poison. Swords Dance is to make Mega Gallade's already great attack double. Close Combat and Zen Headbutt have STAB and are Mega Gallade's main moves, and Ice Punch is for good neutral coverage. The rest of his EV's are self explanatory.
excadrill.jpg

Blind Eye (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill is what sets up Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spins away hazards, other than that Excadrill is pretty useless besides getting a switch-in on Steel types that threaten Slurpuff. One thing that's good about Excadrill though is that he is immune to Poison and does decent damage to Poison types. Other than that, there's Excadrill. (yeah sorry I just don't like him that much)

thundurus-therian.jpg

Unicorn (Thundurus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus-T is a very underrated Pokemon in OU and I just don't know why. Agility doubles it's already good speed while Thundurus-T already has a base 145 Special Attack which makes it an amazing sweeper. Thunderbolt has STAB and kills Bird Spam respectively. Focus Blast isn't very reliable but has good damage output and also kills Steel types that threaten Slurpuff. Hidden Power Ice has good coverage against Landorus-T too.
558585.jpg

Shrooms (Parasect) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Effect Spore
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Aromatherapy
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Once again, a very weird, but successful pick. Focus Sash makes sure Parasect gets Spore on the opponent and then you get a free Leech Seed, then you use protect; rinse, repeat. Parasect also has access to Aromatherapy which is needed to make sure this teams sweepers are healthy.
weavile_by_poketrainermanro-d6iv95r.png

Slish-Slash (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Weavile is an amazing sweeper in OU. Nothing else to say that hasn't been said already. Blah blah blah blah Weavile blah blah blah.
Mega Metagross is a huge threat to this team since I don't have any Fire/Dark type attackers (besides Weavile).
Same thing kinda goes for Bronzong. Scizor is another Mon that completely reckts my team but mostly the bullet punch set. Pokemon with priority are also threats. Pokemon with Poison Jab can also hurt the team. Other things that can hurt the team are gimmicks such as Baton Pass Scolipede or Stockpile shenanigans.

Conclusion

Hopefully you liked or can improve the Slurp Squad of doom! If you do end up trying it out for yourself please tell me any threats you find so I can add to this RMT and with that said ByE ByE
backgrounder (70).png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)