The Standard VGC Trick Room (with a side of Foongus)

Leads:

Jellicent(Quiet) Sitrus Berry
Water Absorb
252HP 252SpA 4SpD

Water Spout
Ice Beam
Trick Room
Shadow Ball

Since Jellicent is pretty bulky, I chose it to set up Trick Room. That is what my whole team revolves around. Also, it has good synergy with Hydreigon because of Surf+Water Absorb.

Hydreigon(Quiet) white Herb
Levitate
252 HP 252 SpA 6Def

Surf
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor
Protect

My other lead. Surf hits both of the opponents and heals Jellicent because of Water Absorb. Fire Blast is for Whisicott and possibly Amoonguss. Draco Meteor is for opposing Hydreigon. Because of White Herb, it can use Draco Meteor with losing SpA for one turn.

Attackers:

Conkeldurr "Conkeldurp" (Brave) Flame Orb
Guts

252Atk 252HP 6Def

Mach Punch
Protect
Drain Punch
Rock Slide

This is my team’s primary physical attacker. It can take care of geniebros and have priority for revenge killing. It can also be effective against Terrakion. It also can take a hit or two and regain HP from Drain Punch

Eelektross "Eelektrcty" (Brave) @ Flight Gem
Levitate

252HP 252Atk 4SpD

Acrobatics
Crunch
Protect
Wild Charge

Another physical beast. This can also take care of geniebros. It can damage both with Rock Slide and STAB Wild Charge. Acrobatics also does MASSIVE damage with the Flight Gem and can do a decent amount of damage on any Pokemon.

Back-Ups:

Gigalith "ギガイアス"(Brave) normal gem

Sturdy

252HP 252Atk 4SpD

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Explosion
Protect

Another partner for Jellicent, Hydreigon or Eelektross. I could use it as another physical attacker or as an alternate lead. In a dire situation, It could also EXPLODE!

Amoonguss "Mushroom" (Relaxed) Coba Berry
Effect Spore

252Def 252SpD 4HP
Protect
Spore
Giga Drain
Rage Powder

This is mainly used as an annoyer. It outspeeds almost all the Pokemon in Trick Room. Also, it can be used as a death fodder with Rage Powder.

A great trick room team for Gen V, just a few suggestions.

1. New Moveset for Eelektross, try this one:

Eelektross @ Leftovers
~ Coil
~ Wild Charge
~ Brick Break
~ Dragon Claw

With Trick Room, Eelektross will have the time to set up a much needed coil. Brick Break and Dragon Claw will fight the hard to handle Ferrothorn/Salamence/Other Dragons, and Wild Charge is a good move to keep.

2. New Addition to your team

Also, I may suggest instead of Foongus, try a Specially Defensive Ferrothorn, he could do well in Trick Room. Maybe this moveset ?

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball
~ Power Whip
~ Protect / Leech Seed

Hope I helped, PM me if you have any more questions !

A great trick room team for Gen V, just a few suggestions.

1. New Moveset for Eelektross, try this one:

Eelektross @ Leftovers
~ Coil
~ Wild Charge
~ Brick Break
~ Dragon Claw

With Trick Room, Eelektross will have the time to set up a much needed coil. Brick Break and Dragon Claw will fight the hard to handle Ferrothorn/Salamence/Other Dragons, and Wild Charge is a good move to keep. Um, Salamence isnt allowed in the VGC's and Acrobatics is for Scrafty and Mienshao.Rock Slide is for geniebros as mentioned before. Crunch is for Jellicent and Chandelure

2. New Addition to your team

Also, I may suggest instead of Foongus, try a Specially Defensive Ferrothorn, he could do well in Trick Room. Maybe this moveset ?

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball
~ Power Whip
~ Protect / Leech Seed
I tested this with Jellicent and it kept getting 0HKOed on the 1st turn... so I gave up on it.

Hope I helped, PM me if you have any more questions !

Hey, tlyee61

I see you have some trouble here.

1° Have you actually tested this team?
====
2° On conkeldurr, remove Superpower, because coverage boceomes redundant. Replace it with Protect (c'mon, it's doubles and only 2 pokes have it??). Also, Replace Stone Edge with Rock Slide, so you can hit both opponents, which comes very handy when playing doubles (and it misses less than SE)

3° On Eelektross, include Protect SOMEWHERE.

4° Foongus may be bulky, but it will be KO'ed by STAB Super Effective Attacks (specially Flying Gem Tornadus/Archeops). Stick to Amoongus and change the item to Coba Berry.

Good Luck!

Hey, tlyee61

I see you have some trouble here.

1° Have you actually tested this team? Yes, but only a few times
====
2° On conkeldurr, remove Superpower, because coverage boceomes redundant. Replace it with Protect (c'mon, it's doubles and only 2 pokes have it??). Also, Replace Stone Edge with Rock Slide, so you can hit both opponents, which comes very handy when playing doubles (and it misses less than SE)OK, sounds like a good idea. I've seen people use it to activate Flame Orb.

3° On Eelektross, include Protect SOMEWHERE. nvm, replaced Rock Slide

4° Foongus may be bulky, but it will be KO'ed by STAB Super Effective Attacks (specially Flying Gem Tornadus/Archeops). Stick to Amoongus and change the item to Coba Berry. Sounds good. I kinda just included it for surprise factor and because it's slower than most Pokemon used in the VGC's

Good LuckThx! :D

This team needs work.

Quiet >> Modest on Hydreigon to boost it's effectiveness during Trick Room.
Protect >> Dark Pulse on Hydreigon. You'll need Surf to heal Jelli to keep its Water Spouts dealing damage. Necessary.
Brave >> Adamant on Conkeldurr to boost effectiveness in Trick Room.
Protect >> Superpower on Conkeldurr. Necessary.
Rock Slide >> Stone Edge on Conkeldurr as well.
Brave >> Adamant on Eelektross to boost effectiveness in Trick Room.
Protect >> Rock Slide or Crunch on Eelektross. Necessary.
Amoonguss >> Fongus. Stated above.

Update the original post with your changes. Some of these are irrelvent.

This team needs work.

Quiet >> Modest on Hydreigon to boost it's effectiveness during Trick Room.
Protect >> Dark Pulse on Hydreigon. You'll need Surf to heal Jelli to keep its Water Spouts dealing damage. Necessary.
Brave >> Adamant on Conkeldurr to boost effectiveness in Trick Room.
Protect >> Superpower on Conkeldurr. Necessary.
Rock Slide >> Stone Edge on Conkeldurr as well.
Brave >> Adamant on Eelektross to boost effectiveness in Trick Room.
Protect >> Rock Slide or Crunch on Eelektross. Necessary.
Amoonguss >> Fongus. Stated above.

Update the original post with your changes. Some of these are irrelvent.
DONE

If you have to change... I would use Cofagrigus. He has more bulk than Reuniclus and then is very difficult to take down. I would look up the on-site set. It's almost always the best.

I would suggest a modest or timid nature on hydreigon. Your team relies to much on trick room being set up. Any fake out+ taunt lead would ruin any chance of tr being set up. (not that there are that many fake out+taunts anymore). But imprision, which is popular, can hinder tr which would leave your team susceptible to anything faster than it. Also, while white herb is an okay item, most people either use focus sash or chople on hydreigon because it doesn't survive long without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)