ORAS OU The Suicide Squad: ORAS Edition

The Suicide Squad: ORAS Edition

(Somewhere off the Coast of Lilycove City)

Lights flash on… beeping sound blares from the speakers above…. metal doors slide open…..

“Good day…. I am Rafael Feliciano…. you Pokémon are here today because I need something from you.

Hyper Offense X is an “off-the-books” OU team comprised of members with a certain subset of skills that are sent out on high leverage upper ladder OU battles as disposable assets.

Succeed… and I will be sure to honor your efforts properly… Fail me… well… you won’t be around to find out.

Any questions?..... (Pokémon want to ask what the hell is in their necks!?!?)

Good…. (they all are like WTF?!?!)

Remember team… the only wait out of Hyper Offense X…. is in a body bag (all the members are shocked and want to tear their captor limb from limb).… I’m clear… Brelooms… Spore them…. (Hyper Offense X members scratch and claw to no avail… really wishing that their ability was Overcoat right about now)
Rocks Expert

Setting up Stealth Rocks is Nanaue’s primary goal; with a secondary goal of REKTing anything it can before it’s disposed of in a horribly painful fashion… remember… getting captured is grounds for your soft tissue being splattered everywhere.

SHEER FORCE!!!!

Needed some muscle for this mission… enter Waylon Jones… good thing the muscle was accompanied with low intellect…. much easier to manipulate…..

BOOMER!!!

Solid Fixer… surprisingly durable given the expectations of the unit. Fans of the unit will understand the meaning of this selection ;-)

The Rookie…

Fresh Blood… Hopefully their blood will stay in their body…. Assuming they don’t piss me off first!!!

BANG!!! Your Dead…

Arguably my best operative… assumed leadership role… will not back down when the mission goes ass-up…

“Oooo… I like you cowboy… your loco… and I like your locomotion”

The veteran of the team… she’s a wildcard… but she’s an excellent operative…

Team Building Process Details

King Shark @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EV: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naïve
Nature (+Spe, - SpD)
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Role: Offensive Stealth Rock Lead

The first member of our team; King Shark’s primary function prior to getting his head blown is to set up Rocks. After that, he is going to go down swinging, thus, why Outrage was selected over Dragon Claw. Naïve Nature was chosen over Jolly so that Fire Blast can hit all that much harder. Speaking of Fire Blast, it is here to take out opposing Skarmory or Ferrothorn leads as Fire Blast, even un-invested, still nets a 2HKO while maintaining my sash if the opponent is really dead set on setting rocks up on my side of the field. Also, FB has a 10% of burning a target; which is pretty sweet in the event that I can hit any switch-ins with damage plus a burn, especially physical switch-ins like AV Azu or Physically Defensive Lando-T for example. Sadly for Shark, it’s not a matter of whether he will be going boom, it’s a matter of how fantastic the explosion will be!!!

Killer Croc @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature(+Spe, -SpA)
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Role: DD Sweeper

The second member of the team; Croc is just as ruthless as shark. However, whereas we know Shark is going to go boom; I have higher expectations for this agent. Went with Ice Punch and Crunch over Superpower for two reasons; one, I hate the concept of Dragon Dancing to then go -1 on Atk AND Def when Croc is supposed to be sweeping b!tches. Two, Superpower is really meant to hammer Ferrothorn and Kyurem-B; but Crunch 2HKOs Kyube at +1 and I REALLY don’t want to have Croc hammering onto Ferro especially if it’s carrying Rocky Helmet. Just because I enjoy the site of white tissue disintegrating doesn’t mean I’M a masochist!!!

Capt. Boomerang @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EV: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
IV: 0 Atk
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard
- Encore

Role: Punching Bag…

The third member or our team; Boomer is here to TrapCore certain enemies affording me the ability to allow Croc, Lawton or Harley to go to town on the opponent. However, true to Boomer’s nature, Counter and Mirror Coat are here for some boomerang tactics. Safeguard was chosen over Destiny Bond for two reasons. One, Safeguard provides me free reign to set up without fear of a T-Wave or WoW user ruining my Sweep with either Croc or Harley and two, there are only 7 moves in all could possibly learn and of those 7, 5 are viable. However, Destiny Bond isn’t really viable due to Boomer’s lack of speed. I would have to resort to a Custap Berry in order to conceivable use this move and even then; I want Boomer to be able to come in more often, which isn’t doable without some form of recovery. Speaking of recovery, I chose a Sitrus Berry over Leftovers because Boomer, though having an insanely high HP Stat, has crap defenses. Therefore, leftovers wouldn’t be provided as much longevity as initially perceived.

Enchantress @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EV: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, - Atk)
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic

Role: Defog Support

The fourth member of the team and a rookie at that!!! She is capable of bailing out the team of situations that have gone FUBAR (F*CK’D UP BEYOND ALL REPAIR). Primary role is to remove hazards, with a secondary goal of burning physical foes. 32 Spe EVs allows her to burn Max Speed T-Tar and Adamant Bisharp before they can get off their respective attacks. Psychic was chosen with a Calm Nature to allow for some level of offensive proficiency. After all, I am sending the team into a high-risk low-success combat zone… but then again, it does beat rotting in a cell at Bell Reve.

Deadshot @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EV: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

Role: Late Game Cleaner (Never Misses His Mark!!!)

He is the fifth member of the team and arguably the most important. He operates with cold ruthless efficiency. Never gets messy unless absolutely necessary. But when sh!t hits the fan… he is the best mercenary there is. He’s a Special Attack variant with Dark Pulse for coverage against Psychic and Ghost Types that resist my most reliable STAB, Aura Sphere. True to his nature, Aura Sphere never misses its mark. Flash Cannon rounds everything out as a Secondary STAB and has a 10% chance of lowering the targets Special Defense. This only piles on to Deadshot’s plethora of killer tools which are further enhanced by Nasty Plot; sharpening his attack to graveyard filling levels making Deadshot a difficult person to kill when I know I have to blow him up.

Harley Quinn @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Substitute
- Encore

She’s an enigma and sixth and final member of the team. As long as I can keep her away from Arkham, she usually completes the mission without fail. Appears to have some sort of relationship with Lawton… hate to see what kinds of sick puppies those two will breed… then again… they could become future members of the unit (thinks about it then quickly dismisses the idea). Regardless, she is both cunning and vicious, possessing a devastating Core-Sub Combo. Thanks to Scrappy upon Mega Evolving, Return + HJK provide perfect coverage in crushing all opponents. Limber is the pre-Mega ability of choice to avoid any unwanted paralysis as her speed is what separates her from the rest of my operatives, thus, why a Jolly Nature was selected as well.

These are the Pokémon indoctrinated to the black ops unit known as Hyper Offense X. Don’t get attached though… remember the mantra…. everyone in Hyper Offense X….. Always leaves in a body bag (sees a red dot hover between his eyes)……… Oh Crap!!!

(BANG!!!)
Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Naïve Nature
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Feraligatr (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Wobbuffet (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EV: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard
- Encore

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EV: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, - Atk)
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EV: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Shiny: Yes
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Substitute
- Encore

Last edited:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I don't think that defog support is neccesary for your team. You should be able to pressure spikes users, and rocks arent much of an issue. As such, I suggest replacing mew with jirachi or celebi (assuming that you want to retain the bulky pixie role) and having them carry healing wish. You wouldn't have to play as safe around status, as you could give any sweeper a second chance. Paralysis support can also be nice (namely for supporting lucario).

If you make this switch, you can probably replace wob witha custap dbond (instead of safeguard) variant. Trying to ensure its longevity is pointless when it's only trapping one or two pokes anyway. I would argue that custap offers a better chance of getting multiple kills.

If you wanted to keep mew as is changing lopunny to a healing wish variant (with maybe ice punch or pup perhaps) could accomplish a similar goAl

I don't think that defog support is neccesary for your team. You should be able to pressure spikes users, and rocks arent much of an issue. As such, I suggest replacing mew with jirachi or celebi (assuming that you want to retain the bulky pixie role) and having them carry healing wish. You wouldn't have to play as safe around status, as you could give any sweeper a second chance. Paralysis support can also be nice (namely for supporting lucario).

If you make this switch, you can probably replace wob witha custap dbond (instead of safeguard) variant. Trying to ensure its longevity is pointless when it's only trapping one or two pokes anyway. I would argue that custap offers a better chance of getting multiple kills.

If you wanted to keep mew as is changing lopunny to a healing wish variant (with maybe ice punch or pup perhaps) could accomplish a similar goAl
Definitely like the idea of Jirachi or Celebi replacing Mew. Slowly realizing that Mew isn't bad, just a bad fit for the team.

I'm assuming you have a set idea when making this point... if so, mind throwing up? (Unless I'm stealing a wickedly awesome idea... then otherwise pretty please??? j/k)

I'm leaning towards support Celebi:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Healing Wish

What do you think???

P.S. Yes, if these pans out then Custap Wob would be strongly considered...

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Definitely like the idea of Jirachi or Celebi replacing Mew. Slowly realizing that Mew isn't bad, just a bad fit for the team.

I'm assuming you have a set idea when making this point... if so, mind throwing up? (Unless I'm stealing a wickedly awesome idea... then otherwise pretty please??? j/k)

I'm leaning towards support Celebi:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Healing Wish

What do you think???

P.S. Yes, if these pans out then Custap Wob would be strongly considered...
Yeah, standard defensive is what I had it mind. You could elect for a specially defensive spread as well if you find it to be more useful. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)