Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Stall

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The Sun Rises Again
Hello, my name is Ov3r Mac3 and I'm quite new to RU with this being the best team I've made so far. I mostly play stall as several people in the Under Used room know. I wanted to get into some more tiers than UU so I decided to start playing RU as it seems fun. Anyway, I built this team after I had posted the Snorlax + Gligar core in SM RU Cores as I wanted to see how it was. Peaked 1478 with 75.2% GXE.

I started out with this core as Gligar beats the fighting types that switch in on Snorlax while Snorlax takes the ice type attacks aimed at Gligar. This core also provides the rest of the team with Stealth Rocks, a win condition, Defog and an electric immunity.

After that I added Dragalge to give me a water check, a phazer, and a sun check. Dragalge might look like an odd choice but it is very good as it can still hit hard with its Adaptability boosted attacks even though they are uninvested. It also gives my team another fighting resist and appreciates Gligar's immunity to Ground. Although it gives my team another ice weakness, Snorlax still doesn't get too pressured.

Escavalier was my next pokemon as I wanted a way to beat taunt Comfey as well as a good check to Specs Gardevoir which my team just dropped to so far. Escavalier also provides my team with another ice resist. Escavalier also appreciates Dragalge's and Snorlax's fire resistances as that is the only weakness Escavelier has.

Umbreon is basically a staple on stall as it provides a WishPasser as well as a Cleric. Umbreon gives me dark resist, while its weaknesses like bug, psychic, and fairy are dealt with easily by the other members of this team. The evs are just max max so if anyone knows a better ev spread please say.

Moltres was my next addition as I was quite weak to SD Heracross and SD Pangoro. Bulky Moltres is very underrated as with its hidden ability Flame Body it can burn physical attackers on the switch and render them very weak or outright useless. The Stealth Rock weakness is quite hindering but usually it can switch into stuff like Escavalier with Stealth Rock up anyway.

lazy blissey (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 132 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Earthquake / Shadow Claw
- Return
CurseLax is this teams wincon and it really just destroys teams without a phazing or a ghost. This ev spread lets it not get 3hkod by Nidoqueen's Sludge Wave after Stealth Rocks which allows it to get a Curse off, with the rest of the evs dumped into Defense. Earthquake lets it hit Steels hard while Shadow Claw can let it hit Ghosts for super effective damage.

trying flying (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Acrobatics / Earthquake
Gligar gives the team Stealth Rock and hazard control, so it is important to keep him healthy. If you choose to use Acrobatics then Gligar is one of the best if not the best Heracross answer as if it knocks off Gligar's Eviolite it hits with a 110 BP Flying type move. If you want to damage Tyrantrum more then you can run Earthquake instead, although it leaves you weaker to SD Stone Edge Virizion.

hoisin poison (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
-
Dragon Tail
-
Sludge Wave
Dragalge is my water resist and also sun check. The SpDef evs lets it live two Sludge Bombs from +2 Venusaur after rocks with the rest dumped into Defense. This is also my phazer to not let set-up sweepers run wild with it having Sludge Wave over Sludge Bomb to beat Chesnaught as well as do more damage to fairies.

lancy lancing (Escavalier) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Megahorn
-
Drill Run
-
Iron Head
- Knock Off / Pursuit
Escavalier checks Specs Gardevoir and Comfey for the team as Taunt Comfey would otherwise sweep me. The Speed evs make it so I outspeed base 35's without any investment while I have max HP to maximize my bulk and the rest are dumped into Attack. Pursuit lets me trap Psychics and Ghosts while Knock Off lets me beat Doublade 1v1.

luney tuney (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect / Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play
Not much to say really, normal Umbreon set providing team with Wish and Cleric support. Foul Play to beat physical set up sweepers without a super effective move. Also my main way of beating Specs Swellow. Moonlight would give you another type of recovery so you could in theory get back 100% of your health in one turn.

pinky finky (Moltres) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic / Defog / Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
Moltres is a really underrated mon for stall teams, as it beats Escavalier, Pangoro and non-Scarf Heracross. The evs let it outspeed max speed Heracross without a Scarf and proceed to Ohko it with Air Slash. Toxic lets it beat bulky pokemon like Cresselia or Florges that don't have CM. Defog lets it also take away hazards which is nice as it takes 50% from Stealth Rock everytime it switches in. Flamethrower can also be used to beat steels.

lazy blissey (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 132 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Return

trying flying (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Acrobatics

hoisin poison (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Sludge Wave

lancy lancing (Escavalier) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

luney tuney (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

pinky finky (Moltres) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

I'm weak to rock types as I don't have a resist so CB Tyrantrum, Shell Smash Minior, Double Dance Rhyperior and Rock Polish Golem-Alola can all beat my team if Gligar gets weakened.

TheWall for being the guy who helped me when I just started and also helped me with this team.
Arifeen for helping me with this team as well.
UU Room for being awesome.
RU room for being nice and helping me to get into the tier.

Thank you for reading!

Last edited:

Mac3

Curselax is also a huge threat so would like input if i should add SpDef Doublade above AV Escavalier
roasty ghosty (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

252 SpA Choice Specs Gardevoir Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 180+ SpD Eviolite Doublade: 90-107 (27.9 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

**Like this post if agree**

Mac3

If i do above thing should add tspikes somewhere on dragalge
**Like post if agree**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)