The Triforce Tournament Round 1: Booty Noir

Status
Not open for further replies.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So the signups have been completed, the teams named, the members selected. Thus, the official tournament (better known as the fun part) begins.

Now before you go doing your battles, be sure to:

1. Before battling, post in this thread saying what generation each member will do FOR THIS ROUND ONLY to find out who your opponent is for this round. Keep in mind that you can switch after each round is over if you so desire. One member can post for his entire team.

2. Keep the battling rules in mind, which will now be outlined:

General Rules:
1. You must have a witness for your battle. When you post the result of your battle, state who the witness was.
2. Save the log of your battle, and if you want credit for the win, YOU MUST PM IT TO ME. If you win, but your opponent claims he won, if no log can be produced, you will be forced to play a rematch.
3. If someone breaks the rules (this will probably be proven by the log), then they automatically lose the match 6-0.
4. Forfeits count as a 6-0 loss.
5. All battles must be completed three weeks from tomorrow, December 30th, making the deadline Saturday, January 21st, 2006, at 12:00 AM Central Time [GMT -6]).
6. Even though I would have loved to make this a double-elimination tournament, it would be almost impossible to finish, so this is single elimination. If you lose, you're out.

RBY Rules:
~Sleep Clause
~Self-KO Clause
~Battle Timeout
~No GSC Tradebacks
~Species Clause. Sorry Roy, you cannot use your 6 Dodrio team.
~Evasion moves (Double Team, Minimize) are banned, exception being if an evasion move is selected via Metronome.
~OHKO moves (Horn Drill, Fissure, and Guillotine) are banned, exception being if an OHKO move is selected via Metronome.
~Other specifications, such as Freeze Clause, Level Balance, and Applying PP Ups may be used if both parties consent to it.
~Mew and Mewtwo are banned.

GSC Rules:
~Sleep Clause
~Self-KO Clause
~Species Clause
~Evasion moves (Double Team and Minimize) are banned unless selected via Metronome.
~OHKO moves (Horn Drill, Fissure, and Guillotine) are banned unless selected via Metronome.
~Other specifications, such as Freeze Clause, Level Balance, and Applying PP Ups may be used if both parties consent to it.
~Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Celebi are banned.

RS Rules:
~Sleep Clause
~Self-KO Clause
~Species Clause
~Evasion moves (Double Team and Minimize) are banned unless selected via Metronome.
~OHKO moves (Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, and Sheer Cold) are banned unless selected via Metronome.
~Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Wobbuffet, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, and all forms of Deoxys are banned.

So now, what everyone has been waiting on: the pairings. All of these were drawn completely at random.

Round 1 Pairings:

Hi (Locke, Arcturus, Mekkah)
vs.
I, Hipmonlee, Am Surrounded By Cheaters (Hipmonlee, FM, Lesm46) 2-1 (6-0, 0-2, 4-0)

Tres Generaciones Tampon Strings (Vineon, kongler, magicalmaster 2001)
vs.
The Team No One Expects To Win (Warthog, Jackal, Veteran In Love) 2-1 (4-0, 2-0, 0-2)

SnatchBusters Rex Iudeorum, HolyKnight, psychup2034) 2-0 (1-0, 6-0)
vs.
Feel Manipulated? (Cerberus, NZ-1337, Kikuichimonji)

I Can't Believe I Got Stuck With These Two (Raikou21, Fuzion, Redwall)
vs.
Underestimate Us (Loki, MoP, O_o) 2-1 (0-2, 1-0, 5-0)

WHY I'M NOT HERE (gdpt, Voodoo, GotMiltank) judged to win 1-1
vs.
Darck Charley's Empire (Eagle, Steelicks, andii56)

We Don't Suck Maybe Perhaps (JMC, Syberia, Roy) 3-0 (4-0, 3-0, 6-0)
vs.
Team Sneaky (omni, goofball, Acura)

The Devil, The Fate, and The Wave* (Fatum, Peterko, Devilkid) 2-0 (4-0, 6-0)
vs.
The Death Eaters (SirChris, husk1442, skarm)

deucer (chaos, Justin8649, Articuno64) 3-0 (6-0, 2-0, 5-0)
vs.
The CGG Connection (cloud9x, Glalie, Gomez)

*names in bold denote winners in their matches, teams in bold denote those who move on to round 2, asterisks denote teams who have clinched a spot in the 2nd round

Try to get in contact with your opponent in any way possible. Good luck to all. Actually, no luck. I hate luck. I will post a prediction thread when everyone decides what generation they are doing.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
What I was thinking was that FM could do GSC and Lesm and I will battle in whichever version it is that the member of the opposing team that we happen to cross paths with first has chosen.

Unless Lesm has a preference, I think this is a ingenious solution!

Have a nice day.

I haven't spoken to Locke or Arcturus about who does what exactly yet, we're quite versatile.

- Well, I haven't seen Arcturus in a while, but all we know for sure now is that Locke will do GSC.

We're not entirely sure what we're doing yet, I have to talk with Jackal and VIL to make sure what they want to do or not.

*edit*

screw it we're just going with orginal plans for right now but I want RBY next round!

Jackal RBY
VIL GSC
Warthog ADV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)