The Unstoppable Rise Of Mawile!

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I figured I'd take the role of being the first person to put up an Ubers X/Y team. I'm not well known on Smogonthough members of Pokemon Online probably know who I am). I'm posting an offensive trick room team on here, which is considered fairly anti-meta. It's not perfect, so advice and improvements would be appreciated.
The team:

Importable:
Dialga @ White Herb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Overheat
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Scald
Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch
Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Substitute
Bronzong @ Normal Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Atk / 28 SDef
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Trick Room
Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Defog
- Recover
- Judgment
In-depth:

Dialga @ White Herb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Overheat
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
This doesn't usually take lead role, but it's a vital setter and a team player. White herb works well in conjunction with Overheat and Draco Meteor. Note IV's are 0 Spd on everything. Thunder is only for Kyogre, although often that's taken out in other ways. Mostly straightforward, maximum special attack, then max HP for bulk. I'm willing to adopt a different spread.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Scald
It might seem peculiar in ubers, but its typing is unique, having a useful set of resistances including fire and ground, forms a FWG core as well. Basic trick room setter. Similar to a gen 5 Smogon build, but I dropped taunt, since it still needs to hit stuff with scald occasionally, as well as hit what it can with its more accurate now Will-o-Wisp. A teamplayer as well.

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch
The key sweeper for the team. No sword dance as there's rarely time to set up. It is however pleasantly bulky. It would like brick break to hit heatran and rock slide to hit Ho-oh and talonflame (under trick room) but its moveslots are limited and this gives it fairly optimal coverage. It also can't deal with groudon, thoroughly disliked giratina, and due to a glitch on Pokemon Online means it can't deal with aegilash either. (Basically, sucker punch makes contact with king's shield and gives it attack drop, which it shouldn't - sucker punch should fail). Love this pokemon (ever since its release it's been a favourite, tied with later Glaceon).

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Substitute
Probably a more expendable member of the team, but it's a solid tank, especially with regenerator and roost. Forms part of a FWG core (though thinking about it, it could form a fun FWG regenerator core with slowpoke/bro and amoonguss - maybe discuss that idea?). Works inside and outside of trick room. Packs a lovely ground immunity too.

Bronzong @ Normal Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Atk / 28 SDef
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Trick Room
An absolute hero. Against the ladder's many noobs it allows me to get off, paired with m-mawile, the end of 5 turns starting 5-3 up. Gyro ball hits and 2HKOs Xerneas (M-mawile can tank a hit from it if needs be and OHKO in return with iron head, after getting a geomancy boost). Explosion gives m-mawile a lovely free switch. Levitate is very useful as well if not used for a lead and kept more late-game. No stealth rocks as its primary aim is to set up trick room and die for 80% of the matches I play. Definitely a keeper of a pokemon.

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Defog
- Recover
- Judgment
A last minute addition to the team, but it plays some nice roles. 4 Setters is a luxury for this team, and indeed I could probably survive with fewer. Defog is a must with Ho-oh on the team, and is no issue with bronzing not running stealth rock. Recover keeps it fairly healthy, and judgement is a straightforward STAB. Forms a FWG core. EVs could be changed, and heck the whole pokemon could be changed along with Ho-oh if someone has a better idea. Being special wall-ish is pretty nice.

So that's my team.
Would love to hear people's recommendations and changes, and hopefully some praise and luvdisc's too. Importable's near the top. Not bothering with a threat list, even though Gen 6 Ubers is more stable than OU by a mile.

I am happy to say that this team is NOT palkia weak. However if you are going to use TR in ubers you need way more damage --> Life orb Dialga, Life orb Ho-oh, SD Mawile (it can set up on a lot of things in ubers), probably even life orb Bronzong, which I've seemed use to some success. Trick Room on Arceus-Grass is kinda bad as it leave you massive bait for Ho-oh and any set up sweeper. As I mentioned before, you don't have the damage needed to make trickroom work. Make sure to slap a steel move on Dialga as well or else you're just gonna get walled by Fairy and Fire types.

Hey, just a quick recommendation, but it seems with the Steel nerf, Bronzong isn't as good as he used to be. To me, it seems that you might as well be using Trick Room + Dual Screen + Lunar Dance Cresselia. Not only does it get up Trick Room, but it also sets up Dual Screens. While Bronzong can do this too, Cresselia has much better bulk, as well as access to Lunar Dance, and arguably even better "suicide" move. Overall, you don't have to take my suggestion, but it seems like Cresselia might be a better fit. :)

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Bronzong's easily, with m-mawile, been the team's most reliable member.
I did have a steel move on dialga, but it's stopped bothering me really in not having one. It's not designed to be a sweeper, just to set up, but draco meteor, overheat, and thunder each take out various threats pretty well.
Also I think with a white herb 2 consecutive draco meteors from dialga would outdamage than with life orb.
Could you suggest a life orb ho-oh set, and what should I replace arceus-grass with?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)