SV OU THE WEBS TEAM OF ALL TIME (PEAKED #1 2084 ELO)

Imagine this: you're a struggling average ladder player in like the 1600s stuck using mid balance teams and never consistently winning. You search and search for a while, finding nothing that really helps in your struggle. Then, you hear a voice: "Just use me and win idiot". You shriek back: "Huh???? Who are you?" The voice replies: "Throughout the heavens and earth, I am the braindead one, use me for easy ladder points" You ask one more question: "Thats great but if I were to use you against other brainless cheese, would you lose?"
The voice answers: If they have a Hatterene, they might give me a little trouble..... but

the bee.png

BUILDING PROCESS

:ribombee: :gholdengo: :raging bolt:
Started off with the obvious setter and blocker respectively, ribombee over smeargle because smeargle sucks ass. I then put in raging bolt cause at this time the dlc was still fairly new and u could farn free wins with this so easily under webs it was crazy.

:ribombee: :gholdengo: :raging bolt: :serperior:
Added in serp cause I liked the idea of being able to "punish" court change with serp getting that speed boost. This was not quite as good as I thought, but overall serp still provided sweep potential and more cheese with glare

:ribombee: :gholdengo: :raging bolt: :serperior::zamazenta: :roaring moon:
I added zama because I realized that webs teams get completely owned by shit like boots meow and weavile, so zama is a check to those and a bunch of other dangerous physical sweepers with web immunity. Roaring moon is here because roaring moon strong.

:ribombee: :gholdengo: :raging bolt: :enamorus: :zamazenta: :roaring moon:
I used the serp version for awhile and got top 10 at one point, then a little later experimented by replacing serp with enamorus because i liked the typing and the fact that it could help vs more bulkier teams. This was the version that peaked #1, tho I havent used it for as long as the serp one so it could have problems that I havent noticed yet.

THE TEAM

:sv/ribombee:
Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Skill Swap

THE GOAT. Best web setter in the tier because of the speed tier, something like smeargle can get easily owned by triple axel meow or icicle spear kyurem, but ribombee only fears weavile. Also legit this can actually do damage against other offence teams, like I have preserved this for later and then come in to punish a roaring moon killing something multiple times, its epic. The biggest problem is that this guy means free spikes for skarm/gliscor and I have no removal, but smart leads and plays can alleviate that. Tera steel can sometimes be worth it into glim but using tera that early is never a great idea, so you really have to believe that getting up webs will win you the game.

:sv/gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock

Pretty standard ghold set, functions as the spin/fog blocker and generally strong guy. Psyshock on the last slot to be able to hit blissey/clod mostly, i tried tbolt before which is nice for samurott and some other things, its up to preference which is better for you. This teams stall matchup is ass so physhock at least kinda helps with that.

:sv/raging bolt:
Raging Bolt @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Standard sweeper bolt set, with pulse over draco because I want to sweep more than i just want to fire off one strong hit and dip. Tera fairy is my preference because it has come in clutch defensively many times for other dragons, which I am pretty weak to, especially pult. Bolt is a beast even now with people more prepared for it, and especially if you are facing a non-boots tusk team, the game is really joever once you get the webs up because this shit is just that strong vs everything else.

:sv/zamazenta:
Zamazenta @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Crunch
- Substitute

Very standard zama set, I'm running tera steel because it gives zama a chance against glowking balances if the right mons are weakened. This is pretty much your ensurance against all kinds of threats on offences, like the previously mentioned weav/meow, as well as things like dnite and even barraskewda against rain. This is your defensive backbone, so you should try to use this only when needed, and at the right time this guy can win a lot of endgames.

:sv/roaring moon:
Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

Roaring moon is roaring moon. I'm running eq over taunt because not being able to hit gambit/ ko raging bolt felt kinda awful with this team, and im running adamant because with webs up you will outspeed booster val/other such mons anyway with a dd so might as well be stronger. I often use this to break early for something else, and obviously this can sweep many teams with ease.

:sv/serperior:
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Ground
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Tera Blast
- Substitute
- Glare

Standard serp set, at first had tera stellar but realized quickly that it was terrible, so I have tera ground now. I like ground to beat slowking and heatran, but you can run whatever you want really. Serp is nice cause it can spread para and generally annoy the opponent before something else comes in and tries to win. Lowkey maybe a subseed serp would be better because a lot of the best offensive serp checks don't actually care about webs, and there are times where serp can feel kinda weak.

ALTERNATIVELY:

:sv/enamorus:
Enamorus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Cute Charm
Tera Type: Ground
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Pretty rarely seen calm mind taunt set for enamorus here, but I thought that it would fulfill its role best with this set. Basically I wanted an improved matchup into bulky teams and taunt accomplishes that, other than that the set is pretty standard i suppose, thought you rarely see cm at all these days. This does do the job pretty well, and taunt has come in cluch againt volcaronas who try to set up for example.

MATCHUPS

vs offence :glimmora:: Glimmora is rough for a couple of reasons: it can beat ribombee lead and prevent webs very easily, its faster than ghold so i cant lead with that against it, and if tspikes go up I have no way to absorb them. Thankfully teams with glim are usually very weak to webs in general, allowing for easy sweeps with bolt/zama/moon ect. Overall id say you pretty consistently beat these kinds of teams, as long as the webs to up at least.

vs sun/rain :pelipper::torkoal: :Weather is a really good matchup, rain less so because skewda still outspeeds the whole team, but webs against rain often allows raging bolt to to have an insane matchup, because they are usually running iron treads and those arent usually boots. Sun is even better, as most of their team is affected and so if webs go up, its probably an easy win. The only problem is torkoal/hatterene can prevent webs decently well, so some predicting is required especially for hatt.

vs boots spam :weavile:: Obviously not the most favourable matchup, as you can't use the whole point of the team to your advantage. Even still, your mons are broken enough that you can cheese through, and you always have zama which ensures you dont get goobed by weav/meow ect.

vs tusk balance/bo :great tusk:: This might be the best matchup of them all, as these teams rely on tusk to spin, which you can easily prevent with balloon ghold. Especially if the tusk if not boots, raging bolt goes nuts here, and so does most of the team honestly.

vs stall/other really bulky shit :clodsire:: So yeah you should probably lose to stall every time unless their team is very bad or they make a drastic misplay. Thankfully you are playing on the ou ladder so this is not out of the question, but its still tough. Moon is decent into these teams and taunt enam is too, but they likely have enough resources to beat those. You could hope that they sack their clod to psyshock ghold and then maybe bolt has a small chance, but also blissey exists.

FINAL THOUGHTS
I realize that this team has problems and if ladder players always played optimally, I probably would not be able to win quite so much but the reality is that if u load this up, use 10% of your brain and just click buttons you will probably rank up with ease. I even just used the Enamorus version before writing this post and got top 10 with my alt account, it really is that easy. Especially against lower ladder this team is actually unbeatable for them because boots spam is much less common and they generally have fewer answers to things like bolt under webs. Overall this is a great team for quick and easy ladder points, especially if u have a new alt and want to get that up to like 1800s quickly. Even in higher ladder you can easily win because the cheese is just that strong, i've pretty consistently been hovering in the 1900s/2000s for a couple weeks now with this team. Overall this is truly the ultimate ladder team: quick games, no brain power required and actually effective against both low and high ladder.

paste of the team:
https://pokepast.es/a388db40fabc3d6d
for the enamorus version just replace serp with that and ur good, maybe tera fairy on bolt is less good so u can try tera flying

proof of peak:
ojo.png

some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2046177451?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2050315986?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2047859876?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2046363196?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2041331749?p2

If you’re struggling with stall Pokémon such as Clodsire, may I suggest an offensive Gliscor set? You get immunities to all status, electric moves, and ground moves, as well as really spammable offensive moves such as knock off, earthquake, and facade, with Tera normal allowing you to shred past a lot of bulky mons.

Regardless, good team none the less! Glad to see another web’s enthusiast (:

FFK

formerly Foufakirby
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, great team, I have just one suggestion which is investing 252 HP to have 31% to resist a weavile Triple axel

Hey, great team, I have just one suggestion which is investing 252 HP to have 31% to resist a weavile Triple axel
252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 16 HP / 164 Def Ribombee: 225-264 (84.9 - 99.6%) -- approx. 2HKO
This is a better EV spread (preferred over 4/176 since more HP = live more mixed atks)

Just wanted to say I started playing competitive since 2 weeks (used to play comp during Pokemon Emerald and Platinum, I quit after that), not knowing anything about this meta and currently peaked #303 and still climbing, this team is so so abusive in the right hands, thanks a lot! Not only that, it's massive fun too :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)