This is the New Sh*t - Marilyn Manson

[Intro]

Hey guys, G NuBz here with probably my best laddering team. It was made to try to get to 1500 Cre so I can vote on Drizzle / Manaphy. Right now, I'm in the mid 1200s (Edit: that was on the Dream World ladder, I'm working on Standard right now), and I'm kind of stuck there, so I really need some help with this. This has definitly been one of my most successful team, but since I know I'm abusing Manaphy, I don't really count as that great of a team (for me). I was on a pretty big streak at one point, but then eventually lost to Critical Hit hax. On another note, I chose the title as This is the New Sh*t because if Drizzle doesn't get banned, it's pretty much the future of Gen V. In Gen IV, Rain Dance teams were never impressive, and with the dawn of a new Generation, Rain is "the New Sh*t".

[Team Building Process]

To start off, like I said before, I'm going to be abusing Manaphy to try to get 1500.

Manaphy goes great with rain, and I needed something to get permanent rain, and the only Pokemon that could do that is Politoed.

Now I needed another Rain abuser, so I went with arguably the best Swift Swim user, Kingdra.

Ok, so I pretty much have the core of the team together, and I wanted an attacking lead that could work well with the rest of the team. Enter Genosekuto.

I got 4 members of the team together, and I'm still missing Stealth Rocks, I was going to use Gliscor but Gligar with an Evolution's Stone's defenses were too good to pass up.

Finally, I needed something to add some extra type coverage, and Fire types in Rain don't work very well; so I went with Grass, and Jarooda seems to be the best Grass type in Dream World.

So it turns out, I can't vote if I get to 1500 in Dream World, so I had to make some changes to get it to standard OU. Genosekuto is an unreleased event, so he had to go, and Nattorei fit perfectly in his place.

Now comes the problem of Perversity Jarooda. After a rate from Heist, and battling a couple Birijion while testing, I saw how powerful it could be, and best of all, it didn't require Dream World.

Gligar's Attack wasn't cutting it. So why not just evolve it? Enter Gliscor.

[In-Depth]

Genosekuto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt​

Genosekuto has a counter for almost every lead in the game. With the Bolt-Beam combo, along with some extra coverage using Flamethrower and U-Turn, Genosekuto hits everything in the game for neutral damage, and a good portion of Pokemon for Super Effective damage. After a Download boost, Genosekuto usually gets a 2HKO, and occasionally an OHKO. Normally, it would OHKO most things anyway, but in Gen V, a lot more leads are bulky than Suicide / Frail leads. Even so, Genosekuto 2HKOs them after a Download boost. But I know Genosekuto won't be able to OHKO, and it's a Fire Type, I'll U-Turn out to keep Genosekuto as a Revenge Killer later in the game, especially when Rain isn't up. Also, Genosekuto counters all weather starters: Abomasnow doesn't have a chance against 4x Super Effective Flamethrower; Defensive Hippowdons are 2HKO'd (I think) by Ice Beam; and Politoed is 2HKO'd by Thunderbolt, 3HKO'd if it's Specially defensive; Ninetails is the only one that could be a problem, so I usually U-Turn out to Politoed since my set is pretty bulky.

Lead Matchup​
Azelf - U-Turn for Super Effective damage to anything really and get the kill.
Abamasnow - Flamethrower.
Hippowdon - Start using Ice Beam, if it has Slack Off, switch to Kingdra or Jarooda and get the kill.
Politoed - Thunderbolt until it uses Hypnosis or switches out into a Ground type.
Genosekuto - Flamethrower, and hope it's Modest or I win a Speed tie.
Ninetails - U-Turn out to Politoed to set up rain, then go to Kingdra for the kill.
Erufuun - Keep using Flamethrower, it usually does about 50% on the Leech Seed, then it won't get too many Substitutes up after that.
Tyranitar - U-Turn for Super Effective damage, then go to pretty much everything for a kill.
Nattorei - Flamethrower usually 2HKOs.
Gliscor / Gligar - Ice Beam.

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
IVs: 0 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect​

Nattorei is a tank to start with, and in the rain, it loses its 4x Fire weakness, and brings it to 2x which isn't much considering Nattorei's great defenses. Stealth Rock was needed on this team after Gligar was changed to AcroFling Gliscor. The combination of Leftovers, Leech Seed, and Protect allow Nattorei to get a good portion of its HP back in just a few turns. Gyro Ball also gets a great amount of power for when Nattorei needs to do some damage or it gets taunted. With a Nature that reduces Speed, 0 Speed IVs, and only 20 base Speed, Gyro Ball can do a ton of damage, especially to Hyper Offensive teams. Nattorei is also the pokemon I go to in a tough spot, since I usually don't like to bring out Manaphy until late game, Nattorei pretty much covers the rest of these teams weaknesses; and the team covers Nattorei's weaknesses. Nattorei has saved me countless times while testing, especially when I'm about to lose Kingdra after I just had a Special Attack drop from Draco Meteor. At that point, most people send in a Latios / Garchomp to take me out, and I'd hate to have any other member of the team taking that. When Nattorei does come in on Latios or Garchomp, Gyro Ball can usually 2HKO them, which helps a lot in the long run. Before Nattorei got onto this team, I'd have to Revenge Kill one of them with Kingdra.

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 200 HP / 200 Def / 108 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Encore -- Previously Perish Song
- Boil Over
- Ice Beam​

Politoed makes this team what it is. It provides Rain which allows Manaphy to take down pretty much everything. Politoed usually goes for Hypnosis first, then for some reason, a lot of people will stay in while their Pokemon is asleep this Generation, so I go to Manaphy and set up a Tail Glow, unless of course, it's a Nattorei which does about 75% with Power Whip. Encore is used to stop the opponent from setting up, or if it does start setting up, I get a free switch to take them out. It works the same was as Perish Song for Baton Pass teams, they get stuck on Baton Pass or Swords Dance or whatever, and I get a free switch to get the kill. Boil Over is just to do some damage if I get taunted, and the same for Ice Beam which comes in handy when a Flying type comes in. The EVs are set for as much bulk as possible, giving Politoed 371 HP / 259 Def / 263 SpD. Politoed usually doesn't go down unless he gets 3HKO'd, which doesn't happen a lot since the threat is usually put to sleep after 1 hit. I only let Politoed go down by foddering it off if I know they don't have a weather starter, or their weather starter is already taken out.

Kingdra (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Surf​

Kingdra is arguably the best Swift Swim user in the game. A Choice Specs Draco Meteor takes out just about every switch in. If I know the opponent is going to switch into Nattorei (which is very common), I'll go for a Hydro Pump which does over 50% to a Defensive Nattorei. If the Nattorei is Specially defensive, it gets a 3HKO which I usually end up switching out since I can't risk losing Kingdra because of a miss, or he / she decided to attack instead of using Thunder Wave or Spikes. Ice Beam hits Flying types which are a lot more common with the addition of Borutorosu, Randorosu, and even Gliscor is used more. Overall, Ice Beam and Hydro Pump hit Ground types that have become a lot more common this generation thanks to Sand Throw / Sand Power. Surf is for when I need a reliable STAB move for a late game clean up or when Hydro Pump is running out of PP. I usually go with Hydro Pump in the beginning of the game, but Surf is for later in the game when I can't afford to miss. Anyways, Kingdra acts as my Revenge Killer, and my only one after Genosekuto was replaced. This is where Nattorei comes in, whenever something comes in to take out Kingdra, Nattorei can always take the hit.

Manaphy @ Life Orb
Trait: Hydration
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Tail Glow
- Rest
- Surf
- Ice Beam​

Manaphy should be Ubers in my opinion, especially with Tail Glow. It can't be out-stalled, since Rain heals any status, and it sets up a Tail Glow which brings Manaphy to 748 Special Attack which even OHKOs a Politoed with Surf after Stealth Rock damage (most of the time). Tail Glow definitely got the biggest boost the generation, but it wouldn't have been very noticeable if it wasn't for Manaphy. Rest allows Manaphy to recover all the damage it took from Life Orb, and just whatever else it took in the process of a sweep. It's also pretty useful for scouting to see if I outspeed the foe, and I know it won't kill me on the first hit. If I'm faster, I'll take it out with a Surf or Ice Beam, whatever's Super Effective. If I'm slower, I'll fodder something off and Revenge kill it with Genosekuto or Kingdra. Surf in the rain at +3 OHKOs pretty much everything, and the things it doesn't OHKO usually can't do a lot of damage to Manaphy, so I'll set up another Tail Glow and take it out. This usually happens when Blissey / Chansey comes in and tries to out stall me. At +6, Surf does about 58% to Blissey in the Rain, which allows for an easy 2HKO and most carry Wish over Softboiled, so it's not to hard to accomplish. Ice Beam is just for Flying types and Grass types that threaten Manaphy, or that Surf may not be Super Effective against.

Gligar (M) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn​

This is the set I had the most trouble with when making it. Basically I took Gliscor's Lead set and used that. I'd really like some suggestions on the EVs and moves, since it doesn't do as much damage as I'd like it to. Anyways, on to the description. Gligar's Defense along with an Evolution Stone boost puts it to 369, which walls almost any Physical attacker. Even Gligar's Special Defense reaches a respectable 251, walling some of the weaker Special attackers. Roost is for when I actually need to wall someone, and I need some extra HP to continue walling a Life Orb attacker. Earthquake is just for some damage, when Stealth Rocks are already set up or I get taunted. It doesn't do much damage though, like I said before it should do a lot more than it does. Stealth Rock helps a lot on this team, since most things are only OHKO'd after that 12.5% damage it does. U-Turn is for things like Tyranitar; while Gligar does wall it pretty well, Earthquake isn't doing much to it with only 186 Atk and Tyarnitar's defense. Like I said before, I really need some help with this one.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Atk / 28 Def / 28 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fling
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Acrobat​

Gliscor is my Fighting type counter. Roobushin used to rip me apart after 1 or 2 Bulk Ups, and if it was Specially Defensive, my only hope is for Kingdra to take it out with a Draco Meteor after having to sacrifice something. After using Protect to get Poison Heal to activate, I go for the Fling to double Acrobat's power. While it does activate Guts for Roobushin, I get Acrobat to 110 Base Power, plus STAB and Super Effective which does a ton of damage. Earthquake makes Gliscor my Tyranitar / Doryuuzu counter when they have Sand Storm up. If Doryuuzu is carrying a Balloon, I can always go for the Acrobat to get rid of it, but usually its not from taking a hit from something else. After that, 1 Earthquake and it's gone. The EVs on this set seem a little random though. I made a combination of a couple sets on this one. The 252 HP is pretty standard on Gliscor, so that one was obvious. The Attack was from me, not really from any set at all. I needed it to do some damage to counter the things I needed it to, and 200 seemed like a good number. 28 Defense just for being able to survive that extra hit from Tyranitar / Doryuuzu. I took the Speed from Heist's set, since the things it was outrunning were usually walling me, and I didn't need that much Speed to counter the things I wanted to.

Jarooda (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Perversity
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Leaf Storm​

This Jarooda SubSeed set can force a lot of switches, when it comes in at the right time. The Substitute and Leech Seed combination allows Jarooda to get to +6 SpA fairly easily. Leaf Storm is a must on Jarooda, thanks to Perversity. Jarooda easily gets to about 1000 SpA against walls that don't pHaze. After that, the other team is pretty much swept until Life Orb damage kills me. That's the one problem I have with this set, while Life Orb helps a lot to get some OHKO's, it dies way to fast. Usually, I can get the Substitute but not the Leech seed which just kills Jarooda a lot faster. Normally, I would be able to get it up, but since Nattorei is so common, Leech Seed doesn't work. This is where Hidden Power [Fighting] comes in. I would use Hidden Power [Fire], but the Rain makes it almost useless. Hidden Power [Fighting] still does a pretty decent amount since Jarooda is almost never below +2. Another problem I have with this set is the lack of Special Attack. Right now, with a Timid Nature, it only has 248 Special Attack, so the first attack I use isn't going to do much. I'd like to run Modest, but having Timid brings Jarooda to 356 Speed, outrunning most of OU. Like I said with the Gligar set, help me out on this one.

Birijion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Calm Mind
- Close Combat -- Previously Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

Birijion is my counter to Nattorei, and other Drizzle teams. The EVs came from Heist, who was very helpful when making changes to this team to get it out of Dream World. Right now, the EVs are set to outrun Garchomp, but I will lose to other Birijion if I'm not at +1 Special Defense. I won't switch in my Birijion on other ones, but if they decide to come in on me, I'm almost always +1. Calm Mind is so I can have a backup set-up sweeper, if Manaphy goes down early for some weird reason. Close Combat makes Birijion my Nattorei counter, and deals with Blissey too. I used to have Focus Blast on this set, but another full Special Attacker wasn't helping me and neither was 70%. I recently had a battle where it missed 5 times in a row against a Nattorie. I know that's a bit extreme, but you get the point. Giga Drain basically allows Birijion to become a Special Attacking Roobushin. Calm Mind is Birijion's Bulk Up, except for Special Attacks. Giga Drain is Birijion's Drain Punch, which does around 70% to Manaphy before +1. Thanks to Birijion and Nattorei, Manaphy isn't much of a problem. Hidden Power [Ice] is for hitting Flying types that resist both STAB Attacks, giving this set a lot of coverage. The Leftovers if for recovering some much needed HP after taking a hit or two. When Birijion does come in, it doesn't switch out for a while since it has a counter for most Pokemon.

[Conclusion]

Overall, this team has proved to be one of my best. I just want to say a couple things about change to this team. On Manaphy, I'm not going to be changing it to a Calm Mind set, I really like the results I've been getting with Tail Glow. However, I am fine with changing the EVs to add some extra bulk, since Nattorei's Power Whip does about 74%. As for Kingdra, I'm thinking about changing it to Choice Banded Kabutops or a Physical Kingdra since, I have only 1 Physical attacker on this team and thats Gligar who might as well be a Special Attacker since it doesn't do much of anything aside from stall and set up Stealth Rocks. I definitely don't want to change the Politoed set at all, since they have been working great (other than changing Perish Song to Encore of course). Nattorei has been a great addition to this team, allowing it to have some much needed defensive bulk. The same with Birijion, who becomes my secondary sweeper, if Manaphy goes down early in the game, which while that is rare, does happen. I'd like some more power on Gliscor though, but I don't really want to change it to a Swords Dance set, help me out on this one. Also, I really need another physical attacker, I'm thinking Kabutops or changing Birijion to a Swords Dance set instead of Calm Mind. Let me know, and with that Love it, Hate it, Rate it.

I LIKE YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC SON I ENJOY LISTENING TO GUYS IN THONGS TOO

Surf>HP Ground on Kingdra because like you said it really only hits grounded steels and even then STAB surf in the rain will do more.

Overall this is a pretty generic but still solid rain team.

This team is pretty solid, but it does have some problems.
Natorrei kicks your teams butt, especially in the rain since Flamethrower gets weaker. Jalorda is your only other option, and like you said, it dies quickly thanks to Life Orb recoil + sub, so id give Kingdra HP Fighting as well.
As you also said, you only have one physical attacker, which isnt necessarily a bad thing but can become problematic. If Gligar isnt cutting it, just Gliscor since it lasts much longer thanks to poision heal and has better attack. Im not sure of a good set to use since I dont use Gliscor, but considering that you have 3 water types to cover his water and ice weaknesses, Gliscor wont be going down soon.

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Genosekuto said:
Hasty Nature (+Def, -Atk)
wat

Hasty increases Speed and reduces Defense, btw.

Watch out for Specs Latios, as without a Steel-type, it can fire off Draco Meteors willy-nilly, ripping apart pretty much anything here. Kingdra can revenge, but by that time, it already killed/weakened something. For that reason, I recommend changing either Jarooda or Gligar to Nattorei.

Nattorei @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpDef / 8 Def
Sassy Nature (+SpDef, -Spd)
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes / Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Nattorei is a popular fix on rain since it's 4x weakness to Fire is negated a bit, as well as to help against opposing rain users. It can lay down rocks in place of Gliscor, use Leech Seed in place of Jarooda, or both, as well as giving some much needed Physical attacks, although they aren't the strongest either.

For Kingdra, HP Ground is unnecessary and is an open invitation for Flying-types and Levitators to come in for free. Replace that with Surf for a more reliable STAB when you absolutely cannot afford to miss.

Other than that, looks like a decent Rain team. I wish you good luck on the ladder.

Thanks for the rates, I added an offensive threat list and the defensive one will be added tomorrow (well actually today, its 12:05 a.m.).

@HART4FLOON
Surf does seem like a good option, but like the rater below you said, Hidden Power [Fighting] would be a better choice.

@Mr.Pooh31
I know Nattorei is a huge problem, I'll be talking about that when I add in my defensive threat list later. I will change Hidden Power [Ground] to Hidden Power [Fighting] though. Also, I will give Gliscor a try since it does have 95 Base Attack compared to Gligar's 75.

@Hawkstar
My bad about the Hasty nature thing, I changed it to Hasty instead of Timid while I was making the thread and I changed the wrong stat. As for Specs Latios, it will definitely do a lot of damage, but I can always revenge with Kingdra. I will try Nattorei though, in place of Jarooda since Gligar since Gliscor is only being put in for higher Attack, and Nattorei's Gyro Ball does a good amount. By the way, I do have a Steel type, Genosekuto. It would still probably die, but just pointing that out.

The POINT of this team is to reach 1500+ with Manaphy, ChaosNebula.

I personally think that the advantage of using Gliscor over Gligar is in poison heal, but your reasoning is still sound. Just wanted to comment at my raised eyebrow there.

The biggest issue I can see with a rain team and Jaroda is grass type. Perhaps HP bug or HP Ice for those pesky psn/grass types?

I would consider Substitute on Kingdra instead of HP Ground. Aside from Empoleon and Nattorei (off the top of my head) Water and Dragon is amazing neutral coverage, adding ice beam only makes Empoleon resist IIRC. Throw a sub up instead on the first move and you can make it a great asset to your team early in the match for scouting and dictating play.

Thanks for the rates.

@ChaosNebula
Like Morm explained below, and I explained in the Intro, the point is to reach 1500 using Manaphy, so it will not be changed. And I would like to fit in Kabutops, I'm thinking about using a Choice Band set over Choice Specs Kingdra, but if you see my threat list, Kingdra counters just about everything.

@Morm
Poison / Grass types haven't been a problem since 4 members of this team carry Ice Beam, and Poison types are not common at all. As for Kingdra, it's running a Choice Specs set, so running a Substitute would be redundant.

For everyone else, the thread will but updated after some more testing.

Hello. Even if you do manage to reach 1500, you will no doubt run into a small problem. The requirements for voting is 1500 on the Standard OU ladder, not Dreamworld. Do not fear though, I am here to suggest a few changes to hopefully allow your team to perform better, but more importantly making it suitable for Standard.

Obviously Genosect cannot function in Standard OU as it is an unreleased event. I think something that could fit quite nicely over it is Nattorei. Nattorei is almost an impenetrable fortress under Rain as its nasty 4x fire-weakness is reduced to 2x. With Leech Seed and Protect, Nattorei will even beat all forms of Magnezone that switch-in under Rain Dance. Nattorei also has the ability to set up Stealth Rock allowing you to replace Gligar [who apparently you wanted to replace].

Nattorei @ Leftovers
Sassy | Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpDef [0 Spe IV]
Stealth Rock / Leech Seed / Gyro Ball / Protect

Nattorei also helps take on other Rain Dance teams, and helps check powerful dragon-types such as Latias/Latias, Salamence and Garchomp. If given a free switch-in the former two can reek havoc on your team.

I think Gliscor would be better suited in Gligar's role. It performs admirably vs. Sandstorm teams and with Poison Heal it certainly is not dying anytime soon. It is incredibly important you have some sort of defense against these teams just in case Politoed is down to prevent something like Doryuuzu or Terrakion from sweeping you. The reason I don't say Randorusu is because it usually carries Hidden Power [Ice] and Gliscor will lose to any variant that does, even if they use a -sp.atk nature.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly | Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Earthquake / Aerial Ace / Protect / Toxic

If you believe you do not need so many Speed EVs, you can move some to defense and use a spread of 252 HP / 224 Def / 28 Spe and an Impish nature although it really is up to personal preference and whether you believe Lucario is a large enough threat or not.

Finally, Jarooda cannot function very successfully without its amazing Dream World ability. I would like to suggest another offensive grass-type, Birijion. Birijion can function almost as well as Jarooda and I suggest it for a number of reasons. Firstly, Nattorei will be a huge bane to your team and Birijion is able to threaten it with a STAB Focus Blast off possibly +1 or higher SpAtk. With Nattorei removed your Rain Dance sweepers will have a much easier time. Birijion also allows you to handle opposing Rain Dance teams much better and is definitely something you need.

Birijion @ Leftovers
Justice Heart | Timid
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpAtk / 216 Spe
Calm Mind / Focus Blast / Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Ice]

You can opt for move speed EVs, in order to Speed tie with other Birijion, but currently it is geared to outrun Garchomp.

Onto other changes, definitely just use dual-STAB moves on Kingdra [Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Surf, Hydro Pump], and possibly consider Encore over Perish Song on Politoed. That is almost as useful vs. Baton Pass chains but also has utility in other situations too, such as Encoring a Birijion's Calm Mind or Latias' Recover. Something to try out I guess.

Good luck get voting rights!

Surf does seem like a good option, but like the rater below you said, Hidden Power [Fighting] would be a better choice.
That is pretty inaccurate because non-super effective STAB Hydro Pump in the rain only has 5 less BP than a super effective HP Fighting.

@Heist
His Jarooda has Perversity...:P

Thanks for the rates.

@Heist
Thanks for letting me know it has to be Standard OU and not Dream World. I'll make some changes to fix that. Like you said, Genosekuto is from an unreleased Dream World, and Nattorei does seem like it would be a good a replacement. I was planning on putting it in anyways since I was getting pretty good results while using it. And the same for Gliscor over Gligar, that was going good too. As for Birijion over Jarooda, that does seem like it would be the best replacement to get it out of Dream World. I have played against multiple Birijion with that set and they usually 2HKO Manaphy with Giga Drain before +1. I'll put that in for now, but test it later since this can't be in Dream World. Also, Kingdra's moveset most likely won't be changed, I like the coverage it has. And Encore over Perish Song does seem pretty good, I'll give it a try.

@HART4FLOON
While non-super effective STAB Hydro Pump has only 5 less Base Power than Super Effective Hidden Power [Fighting], Hydro Pump is not very effective against Nattorei, making Hidden Power [Fighting] the better option.

@Homeslice
I'm fixing that now.

Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs 252 HP / 196 SpDef Sassy Nattorei: 37.2% - 44%
Choice Specs Kingdra HP Fighting vs 252 HP / 196 SpDef Sassy Nattorei: 39.2% - 46.6%

Seriously, the damage difference isn't big enough to lose a more reliable move to spam. I still stick by Surf as the superior option on the off chance that you run out of Hydro Pump PP or you want to clean up late game without having to risk it with hit-and-miss. Having HP Fighting just to hit Nattorei "harder" by negligible amounts is just silly.

Thanks for the rate.

@HART4FLOON
Sigh. I see you're point. I didn't realize it was that small of a difference. I'll change it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)