Ability: Truant
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Drain Punch
- Outrage
- Heavy Slam

holy shit this thing is STRONG...718 attack even with Jolly...394 speed at max EVs plus Jolly...and tanky as FUCK...

Truant legit just does not matter when its stats are THAT fucking absurd.

you can also run slack off or AV to become god.
The biggest problem with turant is that if your opponent predicts your move and switches in they get a free turn, and then protect also exists, this thing would be a great wallbreaker or sweeper if protect didn't exist. Turant is just too easy to take advantage of. But yes those stats are hilariously high

been wanting to do stuff with ampharos and this OM seems like a good time to do it, even if i am fairly dumb and probably cant properly do it

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Agility
- Dragon Pulse
- Volt Switch

Goodra's AV ranbats set is a little bit disturbing in this format

90/120/90/130/170/100 yikes

Also i like super luck scope lens honchkrow

My immediate reaction to this om was to build psyspam and since it actually worked well I thought I’d post it.
3C4B1C4D-9044-4227-A6E4-7107574AFD92.jpeg

:Indeedee-f::polteageist::hawlucha::great tusk::oricorio::Espeon:
The teams been really successful and im happy with the team in general. The teams basically the Psyspam team that was in OU for a bit last month with a few edits. :Indeedee-F:Indeedee-F (70/85/95/125/135/115) is just straightup better than :Indeedee:Indeedee (60/90/80/130/120/120) except for it being slightly slower. :Oricorio:Oricorio-Baile (75/95/95/123/95/118) is slightly weaker than :Volcarona:Volcarona (85/60/65/135/105/100) but its faster and has dancer to keep up with opposing QD mons. I tried using :Armarouge:Armarouge (85/75/115/140/95/90) before the drops and ended up replacing it with :Espeon:Espeon (65/80/75/145/110/125). It might be more useful now with improved stats but Espeons Magic Bounce has been useful at keeping hazards off. :Polteageist:Polteageist (60/85/85/154/134/90) and :Hawlucha:Hawlucha (78/112/95/94/83/138) stayed the same because of their increased power especially after their miday tier drops and :Great Tusk:Great Tusk is good even without boosts. All in all, its a really fun team and it works fairly well.

Decided to make an account just to say Dragalge could be a massive problem with Adaptability + Tera on top of its stat boosts from being RU.

The tiers quiver dancers are absurd.

Volcarona is as we all know still really good its very scary despite it not being buffed in this OM[till it drops to UU [which surprisingly happen often]].
however there are other amazing qd mons too. It helps that Most qd mons are lower tier mons.

Oricorio pom pom and sensu are incredible because of their stats alone 75/90/90/118/90/113 is good stats already. They have amazing typing and are incredible tera abusers. it depends on how ur playstyle is. u want to have a bulky sweeper have pom pom. have a more offensive sweeper use sensu. pom pom has better defensive type while sensu has more offensive as ghost is incredibly spammable.

Next is baile oricorio[and pau [budget baile]to an extend] it has better stats 75/100/100/128/100/123 in exchange for being worse overall.It requires tera almost guaranteed. Sure other two oricorios too like tera but they are NOT completly depended on it to be good. Pau is a good mon just outclssed.

Next is the almighty lord mothra. Venomoth is very good qd mon. 70/85/80/110/95/110 Stats are not as incredible as oricorios but it is NOT at all close to being outclassed. Venomoth has the incredible ability tinted lens allowing it to have a virtually unresisted stab combo besides revaroom. Venomoth also has access to the incredible sleep miss powder allowing it to be very annoying and can completly snow ball with good luck. Oh and yeah its stub bug buzz and sludge bomb r decently strong with 100 acc something oricorios lack. Oh and yeah It really dont care about tera though the ghost and bug r very good. Tera ghost with sub lets it set up all over chansey/blissey while Tera bug with bug buzz is a nuke.

Then we have Vivillon. Vivillon is really cool. It has a mix of traits from both Oricorio and Venomoth. It has flying stab akin to oricorios and sleep powder from venomoth however it is unique too. 80/82/80/120/80/119 It has better stats than venomoth in exchange for a much worse typing and heavy tera reliance and no recovery. The coolest part about viv is its ability compound eyes. Making inaccurate moves like hurricane and sleep powder consistent moves. This is SO nice since u have a nuke of a move that is not inaccurate.

Next is masqurain. 70/100/102/140/122/120 Really good stats intimidate good non tera coverage in hydro miss and ice beam. Intimidate + QD is a good combo esp with these stats. It sucks it dont get sleep powder which makes it a lot worse from its competition though. Still the stats r so good its worth it.

At last but not least we have lilligant. 70/100/115/150/115/130. These stats are just absurd. With sleep powder and own tempo petal dances it is a very good mon. Nothing more to say anything else about this mon.

Overall All quiver dancers are very good and r underrated as hell.

Not the best when it comes to analyzing viability, but I feel like Sawsbuck could be pretty good in this Metagame.
Grass/Normal isn’t the best typing and 80/100/100 may not be enough to salvage it in this environment, but a speedy (125) SubSeed user with Serene Grace, access to STAB Body Slam, and Horn Leech makes for an appealing choice.

I’ll have to mess with Sawsbuck some more to see what it’s capable of.
(Apologies again if this comes off a bit amateurish, I usually lurk in the forums but this Metagame looks too fun for me not to get involved in.)

also autumn sawsbuck supremacy >:]

Not the best when it comes to analyzing viability, but I feel like Sawsbuck could be pretty good in this Metagame.
Grass/Normal isn’t the best typing and 80/100/100 may not be enough to salvage it in this environment, but a speedy (125) SubSeed user with Serene Grace, access to STAB Body Slam, and Horn Leech makes for an appealing choice.

I’ll have to mess with Sawsbuck some more to see what it’s capable of.
(Apologies again if this comes off a bit amateurish, I usually lurk in the forums but this Metagame looks too fun for me not to get involved in.)

also autumn sawsbuck supremacy >:]
i've messed around with sawsbuck b4 (not in this OM) and i was honestly shocked by how hard it hits. subseed could work but tbh i prefer this set better:

deer (Sawsbuck-Winter) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Wild Charge
- Swords Dance

tera normal life orb double edge hits like a TRUCK and you can regain lost health with horn leech. wild charge ohkos most flying types but is especially useful against pelipper, the only real counter to sun teams (which chlorophyll works wonders with). also winter sawsbuck supremacy >:]

:sv/iron thorns:
what do people think of iron thorns in this om? it just dropped to ru this month, meaning it gets +20 to each stat, which is huge considering it already had a high bst. you can even more reasonably give it terrain support now that pincurchin's stats are greatly improved. i think it's worth a try tho this obviously doesn't fix every issue that thorns has.

The tiers quiver dancers are absurd.

Volcarona is as we all know still really good its very scary despite it not being buffed in this OM[till it drops to UU [which surprisingly happen often]].
however there are other amazing qd mons too. It helps that Most qd mons are lower tier mons.

Oricorio pom pom and sensu are incredible because of their stats alone 75/90/90/118/90/113 is good stats already. They have amazing typing and are incredible tera abusers. it depends on how ur playstyle is. u want to have a bulky sweeper have pom pom. have a more offensive sweeper use sensu. pom pom has better defensive type while sensu has more offensive as ghost is incredibly spammable.

Next is baile oricorio[and pau [budget baile]to an extend] it has better stats 75/100/100/128/100/123 in exchange for being worse overall.It requires tera almost guaranteed. Sure other two oricorios too like tera but they are NOT completly depended on it to be good. Pau is a good mon just outclssed.

Next is the almighty lord mothra. Venomoth is very good qd mon. 70/85/80/110/95/110 Stats are not as incredible as oricorios but it is NOT at all close to being outclassed. Venomoth has the incredible ability tinted lens allowing it to have a virtually unresisted stab combo besides revaroom. Venomoth also has access to the incredible sleep miss powder allowing it to be very annoying and can completly snow ball with good luck. Oh and yeah its stub bug buzz and sludge bomb r decently strong with 100 acc something oricorios lack. Oh and yeah It really dont care about tera though the ghost and bug r very good. Tera ghost with sub lets it set up all over chansey/blissey while Tera bug with bug buzz is a nuke.

Then we have Vivillon. Vivillon is really cool. It has a mix of traits from both Oricorio and Venomoth. It has flying stab akin to oricorios and sleep powder from venomoth however it is unique too. 80/82/80/120/80/119 It has better stats than venomoth in exchange for a much worse typing and heavy tera reliance and no recovery. The coolest part about viv is its ability compound eyes. Making inaccurate moves like hurricane and sleep powder consistent moves. This is SO nice since u have a nuke of a move that is not inaccurate.

(Also did council forgor to ban shell smash?)

Next is masqurain. 70/100/102/140/122/120 Really good stats intimidate good non tera coverage in hydro miss and ice beam. Intimidate + QD is a good combo esp with these stats. It sucks it dont get sleep powder which makes it a lot worse from its competition though. Still the stats r so good its worth it.

At last but not least we have lilligant. 70/100/115/150/115/130. These stats are just absurd. With sleep powder and own tempo petal dances it is a very good mon. Nothing more to say anything else about this mon.

Overall All quiver dancers are very good and r underrated as hell.
While I'm not sure about the other QD'ers, mostly because of issues with coverage, poor typing, and the like, Lilligant literally has to Tera Blast to hit steels/flying mons, I feel like Oricorio's insanely threatening rn, especially with how easy it is to slap it on a Screens, I feel its p close to being problematic and will proally start becoming a lot worse once a few oppressive things are banned, but I don't wanna jump the gun

Hey y'all. I'm just gonna drop a set that I'm currently messing around with. I cooked it up because A) QDancers are scary, B) Quagsire is the only fully evolved Unaware mon not in OU and C) Cross Evolution is still fresh on my mind, lol.

:sv/quagsire:
Clodsparce at Home (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Curse
- Toxic
- Recover

(stats are 95/100/100/80/80/50)

I tried to replicate the antics that Clodsparce is known for in CE (being an Unaware wall with Toxic that doubles as a bulky setup sweeper), but this here obviously has lower stats to work with. However its bulk seems just good enough to deal with the Quiver Dancers.
For example, Modest Full SpA Frosmoth deals roughly 40% with Ice Beam. Giga Drain is another issue, but at least Tera can save it from that.
252+ SpA Frosmoth Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quagsire: 145-172 (36.8 - 43.6%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Is it viable? I don't know, lol. But it has worked fine so far, carrying me to victory on a room tour not long ago (which may or may not have been because of the sheer unexpectedness of that set, but I digress).
And now that I'm thinking about it, maybe Clodsire works better as a stop to Quiver Dance, despite getting no stat boosts. But with its 75 attack and either STAB having a type immune to them even I wouldn't dare to run a Curse set on that.

Hello everyone! Tier shift almost feels like the wild west that comes at the start of a generation all over again, only better because everything is good and you don't really know if something will work until you try it.

I just wanted to spew out some thoughts on the couple of mons I've used and seen just in case Lumineon becomes meta or I'm completely wrong about Goodra. I also thought it would be funny for y'all to see the crazy mons I've been trying.

:tatsugiri-droopy: Honestly, underwhelming. I ran Spin/Taunt/Draco/Hydro Pump, and the missing makes me think running Dpulse+Surf would be better. Even with that, Tatsugiri is bad or my team composition and luck are terrible, because I never accomplished anything with Tatsu.
:Goodra: Underwhelming too, especially for a mon with a 700 BST. It always died before it did anything for me. That, or running max spa and max spe with eject pack and 4 attacks in a tier full of faster (and stronger) threats meant I never gave Goodra a fair chance.
:Muk: Muk is probably better than you'd expect. It's just bulky enough, and poison is a fairly useful type to have. Haze is nice for someone trying to belly drum up on you. Unfortunately, Muk can't switch into something, take a hit, haze, and survive after that, and it lacks reliable recovery.
:Rotom-frost: Pretty good. I kept getting scarfs tricked to me for some reason. Boltbeam is nice. It just feels like a Rotom lol.
:Mudsdale: A little too passive. That or I never ran rock coverage to hit flying types and pretended it wasn't an issue. Stamina is really cool and lets Mudsdale take some hits it shouldn't otherwise. You're left for leftovers and protect for recovery, which is not reliable, but random protect is nice for the random Slaking user you're going to run into on ladder.
:Zoroark: I love using this. It should really just be a fire type, because scarf flamethrower goes hard. It doesn't OHKO everything, but I'd imagine with a real team and hazard support it's a force to be reckoned with.
:Gardevoir: Really nice. A fast fairy type that can hit poisons and steels is useful. That's all I have because I think I played like 3 games with Gardevoir.
:Cryogonal: Better than Tatsugiri. It has both spin, recovery, and a beefy spd stat. However, it's still physically frail, and you can't invest in defense, hp, and speed. Freeze dry is an amazing move. Your options for a 4th move are haze, flash cannon, tera blast, or something weirder because this is the end of Cryogonal's movepool. Still better than Tatsugiri's.
:oricorio: I don't even care that Pom Pom and Sensu are typically better because fire coverage is so nice in this meta. Tera ground is nice to have defensively (and offensively too), although it does nothing against opposing water types. It's also bulky enough to get slightly more setup opportunities than usual, so watch out.
:Basculin-Blue-Striped: Blue > red all the way. Rock head wave crash decimates opponents, and aqua jet is very easy to fit in if you need to rko a +6 qd mon or something because you don't know how to play. You do need tera water for the extra firepower on aqua jet though.
:Great Tusk: It's a lot better at dying here than in vanilla OU, but I think it has a place in the meta. Knock + rock + spin is still amazing role compression.
:lumineon: I have been devastated by a +1 Lumineon hydro pump one too many times so I had to try it out. A water immunity is very nice to have with all my basculin running around, and it isn't hard to switch in on a water move and threaten with that +1 specs hydro pump. However, you kinda need +1, specs, and to not miss. Lummy gets other moves like U-turn and some coverage that probably isn't worth clicking. Probably not worth using unless you really want storm drain though, as it either threatens just as much as Basculin does or is deadweight lol. I probably exaggerated its flaws a little there, but it's still Lumineon.
:scyther: I have not done this mon justice with my set. It is crazy strong and very fast, and even gets cc as coverage. Untapped potential here.
:klefki: I like prankster thunder wave because I can't deal with +6 mons any other way. This is why I stay on low ladder lol. But Klefki felt more consistent than Mudsdale or Muk were, and that's probably because prankster twave and spikes are cool.

:Muk: Muk is probably better than you'd expect. It's just bulky enough, and poison is a fairly useful type to have. Haze is nice for someone trying to belly drum up on you. Unfortunately, Muk can't switch into something, take a hit, haze, and survive after that, and it lacks reliable recovery.
I’ve actually been having a lot of fun with Muk serving as a Curse sweeper! While it doesn’t have reliable recovery, Black Sludge + Drain Punch after a few curses lets it stick around for awhile and deal some heavy hits. Muk is especially good when paired with Spidops for Sticky Web (And maybe Spikes) support.

Bulky Curse Sweeper
I’m The Goopster (Muk) @ Black Sludge (Leftovers if not Tera Poison.)
Ability: Poison Touch
Tera Type: Poison (Flying also works to mess with Ground types and potentially get a free Curse off it.)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

Last edited:
Altaria is one hell of a wall with 75/110/125 defensive stats and access to roost. It also has will-o-wisp to put a stop to physical attackers plus defog to get rid of hazards . plus is hidden ability cloud nine stops weather preventing a lot of weather abusers like Scovillian and Basculin.

download.jpeg

Altaria @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Cloud Nine
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird

This set has been carrying my ass in many teams.

I also made a sweeper set although i have not found much success it was pretty fun to use

Altaria @ Lum Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Steel
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Outrage
- Brave Bird

Oh my god.

Zangoose (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Fling
- Thief
- Facade
- Protect

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Tera Normal Zangoose Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 294-348 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
(idk how to do the dropdown thing lmao)

cat

i feel like, "oh, wow"
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Oh my god.

Zangoose (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Fling
- Thief
- Facade
- Protect

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Tera Normal Zangoose Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 294-348 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
(idk how to do the dropdown thing lmao)
sd, facade, cc and night slash would be the better set to actually hit steels and ghosts

sd, facade, cc and night slash would be the better set to actually hit steels and ghosts
this might just be bc i've been running into a ton of them, but protect is pretty valuable for slaking. maybe facade/night slash/sd/protect? sd seems like a pretty vulnerable turn, especially with toxic ticking down, so maybe cc instead of it would work even better.

cat

i feel like, "oh, wow"
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
this might just be bc i've been running into a ton of them, but protect is pretty valuable for slaking. maybe facade/night slash/sd/protect? sd seems like a pretty vulnerable turn, especially with toxic ticking down, so maybe cc instead of it would work even better.
protect just means ur dealing less damage and taking more damage from toxic orb

e: slaking is barely viable anyways

protect just means ur dealing less damage and taking more damage from toxic orb

e: slaking is barely viable anyways
Protect is just for first turn out, so you can get guaranteed toxic. Surprisingly useful because of Klefki running around with TWave.

Plus my Zangoose set isn't really meant for full coverage (ghosts are an issue yes, but holy hell Facade hits like a train against steels), but more to be a wallbreaker since you can snag Leftovers. And stealing Light Clay, Rocks, etc. can be insanely useful.

I made an Excel Document with all of the new stat changes if it helps people:
Sorry, I can't upload the excel document, so it's an alphabetical PDF.
:)
i think everyone owes you a thank you. also...
Meditation (Medicham) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pure Power
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch
Haha medicham go brrrrrr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)