To Stall them All;

Hi everyone. I would really appreciate if someone could give me some constructive advice/critisism for my Gen6 Ou stall team. I've tested it for quite a while now and feel pretty good about it (at least for the "level" im on).
I know this is my first post here and I hope i don't get any hate for that; So with no further ado here is my team:

472Gliscor_Dream.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Gliscor is in most situations my lead, still can also act as a physical wall later in the game. Mostly i just try to get out Stealth Rock in the beginning and maybe a Taunt depending on the my enemys lead. I chose to not give him any offensive moves, which can be become quite a problem in some situations, but I just fell that i need Defog for hazard remove and Roost to be able to stall later in the game, although having taken damage earlier. I thought about trading Taunt for Earthquake to have at least one offensive move, but just feel better having Taunt which can be helpfull in so many different situations.

707Klefki_Dream.png

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Substitute
- Foul Play

Klefki is quite effecitve at leading as well, if Gliscor is, for some reason, not the right choice in some match ups. I know some people would choose another move set for it, but I guess I just like this one to much (and until now refused to try many others). I mainly use Klefki to cripple opposing sweepers with Thunder Wave and Swagger. Once it gets behind a Substitute it gets really annoying for the enemy, beeing able to Swagger + Foul Play most Pokemon effectivly. It's not always super effective, but definitely helps to deal with alot physicall offensiv threads.

134Vaporeon_Dream.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Wish
- Toxic

Next off is Vaporeon as my "main" physicall wall. This set is just standart I guess and therefor doesn't need much explanation. I really like the Protect Wish comination giving it a chance to wall even some threads, which would otherwise cause to much damage for it. Toxic and Scald are obvious choices as well, to give it some needed damage potential.

709Trevenant_Dream.png

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Horn Leech

Trevenant (guess what, another defensive mon) offers some good defense ageinst special attackers. Will-O-Wisp to have an alternative for toxic ageinst steel or poison types, and Confuse Ray, even if it's not the most reliable thing, cause confusion is just always annoying to deal with. Although it has some nice synergy with Vaporeon, covering each other quite well, and being able to stall okay using Harvest it is the member of my Team I'm the least sure, if there might not be someone to replace it with.

706Goodra_Dream.png

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dragon Tail
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Yes Trevenant might not really be a "save" choice ageinst all special attackers, but Goodra definitely is. It's nice special defense in combination with Assault Vest grant it enough bulk to even take super effective moves as long as they're special. Besides its quality to take special hits, it's all out attack, making it the first (bulky) offensive mon in this team. I chose Sludge Bomb to deal with fairys, but I'm still not sure if Sludge Wave might be a better choice or not.

663Talonflame_Dream.png

Talonflame @ Flying Gem
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Last but most definitely not least; Enter Talonflame, the only pure offensive member of my team. It does a great job at revenge killing enemy sweepers; It's Flying Gem bosted Acrobatics easily destroy most things that aren't physically defensive, or resist it. Only his move pool lets some variety of types to be desiered. Also he relies in some kind on Gliscor being able to remove that 4 times effective Stealth Rocks from the ground. Still if he gets off a Swords Dance or even two, it starts looking really bad for the enemy.

There it is; I know my team has flaws, like a lack of offense in general making it sometimes a bit difficult to get aroung some threads, but until now it worked out quite nice for a team which I created myself (just started to look at Pokemon from a competetive point of view arougn mid Gen5, and just recently really started to invest some time into it). Also all my IV-Spreads are kinda "standart" 252-252-4 spreads and im unsure if there might not be some spreads that would work better.
I hope you can give me some advice to help my team, all kinds of criticism welcome.
I'm thankfull in anticipation, for everyone who finds some time and will to look at my team.

Last edited:
I played a few games with your team and I think its pretty good, I would change your trevenant set to something more like this.
Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Horn Leech

I personally just hate confusion so i put spikes on on klefki, but the problem with that is defog gets rid of your hazzards too so that is a bad thing since you need to get rid of hazzards for talonflame. Also for a phazing dragon type i prefer Zygarde with rest and sleep talk but thats just me, goodra is a good tank for sure

I tried replacing defog with earthquake on gliscor and i used a rapid spinning spikes forrestress over klefki and its working pretty well, just a few options you may want to try

harsha edit: dont double post, please. just use the edit button

Last edited by a moderator:
I played a few games with your team and I think its pretty good, I would change your trevenant set to something more like this.
Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Horn Leech

I personally just hate confusion so i put spikes on on klefki, but the problem with that is defog gets rid of your hazzards too so that is a bad thing since you need to get rid of hazzards for talonflame. Also for a phazing dragon type i prefer Zygarde with rest and sleep talk but thats just me, goodra is a good tank for sure
Thanks for the effort. And yeah after some games i have to agree with you. With this set Trevenant is able to hold it's ground much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)