Project Top 10 Titans of the XY/ORAS PU Metagame

Nominating Victreebel (Thanks to Akir for letting me give a shot at this)

What effect did Victreebel have on the metagame?

After sun teams started to take a hold on the meta, Victreebel was quickly seen as one of the best mons to abuse this. Thanks to its decent 70 base speed, which allowed it to outspeed the entire tier in the sun while running modest, great special attack, and powerful coverage in Weather Ball, Sludge Bomb, and Solar Beam, Victreebel quickly became a staple sweeper on one of- if not the most popular team type in the tier at the time.

In what main roles was Victreebel used?

Victreebel's main set was its sun sweeper set. Thanks to its coverage in Solar Beam, Weather Ball, and Sludge Bomb and its access to sleep powder as an escape option from most of its would-be answers, allowed Victreebel to demolish all but a few of the top ranked mons at the time.

What caused it to have a significant impact?

Victreebel alone caused a surge of popularity and viability in sun teams thanks to its ability to punch holes in most of the other common teams at the time. Its speed and power caused it to trouble even the fastest of HO at the time, and its power+coverage could dent a lot of the popular defensive cores as well.

How do/did you deal with this Pokemon in PU?

A common offensive check at the time was Jumpluff with Chlorophyll, allowing it to outspeed the entire sun team and threaten it with Acrobatics. Additionally, Specially Defensive Quilladin was somewhat popular as well, as it allowed for hazard stacking as well as completely stopping Victreebel in its tracks with Bulletproof making it immune to Sludge Bomb and Weather Ball. Lickilicky was also a nice defensive answer, as it could soak up Victreebel's attacks and support its team with Heal Bell and Wish. Finally, Specially Defensive Vullaby can also take a Weather Ball or Sludge Bomb from Victreebel and retaliate with Foul Play.

Well Guys, Barbaracle and Carracosta are done now... I might be doing Missy later for Anty if she still wants it to be done!

I also think that Pawn, Zebby, Pig, Eggy, Scyther, Jumpluff, Haunter and Kadabra, should have entries even if they do not manage to get into the top 10! (And I loved Aurorus wallbreaking set with Refrigerate Specs Hyper Voice, I dunno why no one else liked it... besides Freaking Krecketune was around A- and B+ at that meta... I refuse to believe that Kricketune could be better than Aurorus)

BTW, I would also love if the complete list of results for this selection (even if it's council decided) could be shown, I guess just for reference!

See ya guys!

anty is best waifu

Last edited by a moderator:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah looking at the nominations, poliwrath seems by far the most splashable and relevant for the longest time :3

I was gonna leave this open for longer but at this point it would be really pointless. Poliwrath has been chosen as the top titan of PU! Voting for #2 starts now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)