Toshi's Spriting Thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I'm new to Smogon, (Been lurking for a few days, I'd get to a point when I wanna join but feel I'm no where near as competitive as most of the guys here and get scared away >.>) but been playing Pokemon since R/B, then took a break from late '05 till about now. I remember I used to be a pretty good spriter, so I figure I may as well start out making people happy.

Examples of mine:
My two favourite customs:
  • , and
My few favorite mixes:
  • (Exeggcute and Voltorb)
  • (Doduo and Aipom)
  • (Kingdra and Lanturn)
  • (Snover and Porygon-Z)
  • (Tyranitar and Metagross)
I had more but my harddrive crashed, this is what was saved. Anyway, I generally only do Recolours/Mixes, anything else I probably have forgotten to do. Ask away though ;p

urm, it must have the signature Ninjask wings and Marowak's Thick Bone, other than that, I wouldn't want to stifle your creative juices.

Thanks for doing this, and the Jaskwak looks pretty cool. Marowak's awesome, but now that he flies, he looks so evil lol.

May I request a Garchomp/Heracross fusion? And I'm not picky about anything in particular either.

thanks again

Yeah sure. Starting now!

EDIT: Here it is:

Funny story about this one. It looked like crap till I decided to reshade about half the sprite. Now the legs and left arm look sweet. There was a bit of custom work needed for this too (The tail, and the arm-blade-things for a start). Ended up looking pretty nice though!

Thank you for your awesome rendition of Jaskwak, I will proudly display it as my avatar and give you credit.

Oh, btw, the garchomp/cross looks like it has a pat of butter on it's belly XD I like the way the colors meld.

Yeah, having a blue belly contrasted really badly with the rest of the sprite, so I thought I may as well add Garchomp's yellow star pallet to the mix. Came out nice though.

EDIT: If you want, I transparent-ised the JaskWak so it doesn't look too weird. The code is:
[IMG ]http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5920/jaskwakot7.png[ /IMG]

ahhh... snovergon-z is sweet... He looks like a tropical computer virus trying to get you to go on vacation!!!!

Ok, starting on the Tyranitar/Metagross one now. Scizor/Kabutops afterwards.

EDIT: Tyranigross is gonna be a hard one :S

Lol, take your time. I remember seeing someone with something like it before, it was like Metagross' body with tyranitar's colors and spikes. What does the other one you made look like?

Right now, it is just a recolor that looks a bit cool. I'll upload it now, do the remaining one, then get back to it.

EDIT: All of them so far:

^Was pretty hard, tried to work it out at a different angle. Wasn't much parts on Toxicroak's body to work with :S

^Not as hard, but then again Tyranitar is a bitch to work with. Turned out better than I thought it would.

^Still a work in progress. Pillow shaded areas of Tyranitar's body to make it at least seem more metalic.

EDIT2: Ok, I'm taking a break from this >.>, Will be back later.

EDIT3: Back, finished Kabuzor.

Finishing off Metyrant (new name for Tyranigross, sounds better imo) now.
EDIT4: Presenting: Metryant!

It actually turned out pretty well, although Metagross has about 6 or 7 different blues in it. Very hard to recolour, seeing as Tyranitar has like 3-4 browns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)