Tournament Tour Usage Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Raseri, stats compiled and calculated by Lord Alphose and Raseri.

Okay, so some of you might remember the NUPL Usage Stat Thread. It served the purpose of showing the usage of Pokemon throughout NUPL, which was useful for seeing and reacting to changes in trend and usage of various Pokemon as reaction to other Pokemon and such. I am going to be running a thread very similar to that, which will allow us to see trends in the game.

Pic.jpg

How can this help? Won't we just see trends in a metagame that isn't the one we're running in right now? Well, yeah. I guess it's just nice for us to be able to see potential changes and reactions to changes in dangerous threats in the metagame. For example, in the If I Had You tournament that Raseri hosted, several Pokemon that are lower end RU were allowed into the NU metagame. One Pokemon that was moved down in this tournament was Fletchinder. Although it is unlikely that it will move down any time soon, it is useful for us to be able to look at how top players reacted to the introduction to this threat. Why? Well, it is possible that a dangerous Flying-type threat IS introduced to the tier. Then, won't it be nice to have a couple good ideas to deal with that threat.

How do I participate in this thread? Well, at the conclusion of any given forum mini-tournament, I will post the usage for each round and then the overall usage of Pokemon for the tournament. You can comment on it and use it to test the viability of a Pokemon. For example, it was through tour stats that I saw Ninetales had a great record in NUPL. So I tried Ninetales and fell in love with it. Numbers...they save lives, man.

A couple things that should be taken into account. In many tours, people are not required to post replays or submit teams in order to acquire the win. In these situation, the data many be slightly imprecise. However, the numbers shown in these cases are still a relatively accurate and dependable for information on the success and usage of any given Pokemon in the tournament. Also, be sure to PM me or VM me if you notice any mistakes. It's pretty easy to fix them if you happen to spot any.

Here are the tournaments with stats that have been compiled:

Never Used Premier League Stats

If I Had You Stats - If I Had You Tournament

Credit for idea is given to DTC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)