Toxicroak (QC Reject: 3/3)

My problem with SubBU is that it takes so long to set up, it's hard to set up in general, you likely need more than 2 boosts to sweep if you don't have a life orb because Toxicroak's base attack is relatively lacking, Toxicroak is extremely frail anyways, and rain is limited so you'll likely run out of rain before you can finish your sweep. I just don't really see a point in using it over, say, BU Conk or even CroCross in fact, especially when Toxicroak has the option to nuke the ever-loving shit out of everything that doesn't resist Gunk Shot with the LO set. I put SubBU in OO, but I really don't think it even deserves a mention in OO. I think we need QC's opinion on this.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-117163461

In fact, right after posting this, I had this battle.
If anything, I think this is a testament of your foe's incompetence and to how weak Toxicroak is without a LO and Gunk Shot. A neutral hitting STAB Drain Punch at +6 Atk couldn't even OHKO a Mega Mawile. If it can't do that, how do you think it would fare against a competent opponent or against even more physically bulky Pokemon such as Defensive Hippo?

If anything, I think this is a testament of your foe's incompetence and to how weak Toxicroak is without a LO and Gunk Shot. A neutral hitting STAB Drain Punch at +6 Atk couldn't even OHKO a Mega Mawile. If it can't do that, how do you think it would fare against a competent opponent or against even more physically bulky Pokemon such as Defensive Hippo?
Maybe I shouldn't have posted the video. Sorry. It was indeed less a testament to Toxicroak and more the lack of play making by the other guy. I just thought it was a funny demo that happened like 5 min after I posted the original comment.

But those bulky defensive types are generally slow, making it easy to get a sub back up. Yes EQ is a large problem and I usually pair this with a flying type to switch when the sub breaks. But honestly, I feel the raw power from bulking up is secondary to just how many hits it can take… it looks frail on paper, but with black sludge, drain punch, and potentially rain it lasts more than one would thing. Yes, for just sheer raw power LO and gunk shot is a great way to go and will potentially fit on more teams. But the bulky variant can really fit in on more defense-oriented teams. It's really not hard to switch in, especially with toxic and water type immunities. This set certainly does not over shadow the others, but is nice in it's own right.

However, BU conk potentially out-classing it is a good point. The only thing it has over it is subbing before ferrothorn can leech seed or t-wave (the latter doesn't concern conk if it has flame orb). This can make potentially make it a bit easier to set up, but could be situational.

walled by aegislash.... not that hard to just sub or sd or king vs sucker...

can't switch into fairies and it's not like they'll stay in vs you anyway

walled by gliscor / land-t... two prominent threats

keldeo runs hp flying a lot now for venu

qc rejected

you know i actually tested this thing after we re-accepted it and i wanted to get rid of it but no one else did so i just waited. yeah idk what this does that is good and ive never seen it in spl ro tour or ost or anything so..

reject 2/3

but sorry that you did the work and it went nowhere

reject 2/3

but sorry that you did the work and it went nowhere
Nah it's fine, wasn't that much writing. It took so long to do it because I'm so fucking scatterbrained lol I'll tell myself "I will do this tonight" and only 2 days later do I realize that I forgot to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)