ORAS Doubles OU Tricked For Treats

What is the best Mega for Trick room?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After getting sick getting my ass kicked by stall one too many times I started to look at other meta games, Doubles OU is one of the ones that I was the most interested in, as the quick offensive nature of doubles fit my playstyle nicely. I peaked 1650 something on the ladder which impressed me and I am still playing my Smogon user is SoWhichButtonAgain.

I would like to keep this as Non-Legendary as possible as I would like to play the team against some friends in-game

First thing I noticed was everyone was using either Mega Kang or Mega Charizard Y and almost everyone was using Lando-t so I decided to use none of them, first thing that stood out was Mega Gardevoir and trick room however, I found Gardevoir was never slow enough.. so onto the star

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Protect

If Mawile sets up you are in serious trouble. Intimidate means that Mawile overall has more bulk to survive and setup, SD for insane damage that if a mon doesn't resist its likely an OHKO, Sucker Punch is so that if no trick room is up and a mon is weakened I can pick it off, Play rough has nice coverage and is only resisted by very few viable mons in DOU, Protect is a staple on most mons in DOU its used by 90% of them and the 10% is choiced mons. I have been contemplating Mega Garchomp for this spot as I am very weak to EQ and Fire moves.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Disable

What can I say this mon is amazing! Dusclops almost always can live a hit and setup Trick room and then start being a pain in the ass for my opponent. Although it does have its flaws namely Amoonguss and Thuderous and.. just about anything with taunt it is always a useful thing to have. Trick room cause duh, Will-o-Wisp is a nice move that lets me stop a number of mons from being a big threat, Night Shade is the least usful move however it is nice if a mon is on 30% HP as 90% of the time will kill, Disable is an amazing move. it lets me stop so many things like Zard Y's heatwave, Choiced mons, and mons that just want to ruin your day as a whole.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Omg the damage is unreal! Sylveon is so nice to have as even not under trick room it can take a hit and retaliate with a Specs Hyper Voice which is nasty. the evs allow me to survive an Adament Kang Return which is always nice. Hyper Voice cause if you are using Sylveon then you are using Hyper Voice, Psyshock is really nice for Venu and that's about it tbh lol, HP Ground is for those Heatran switches that my team overall doesn't like and Hyper Beam is my oh well go out with a bang move. I once changed this to Life orb but found that 90% of the time I spammed Hyper Voice and the chip damage was a real pain. However Sylveon does nothing in the way of killing most fire types which give my team trouble, it also has alot of trouble getting past them

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

What do we want? Spore. When do we want it to go? First. Amoonguss was Breloom however someone pointed out that Amoonguss is an amazing pokemon with great utility, Spore cause it's AMAZING, Rage powder so that my Powerhouses can Attack without taking damage, Giga Drain for STAB and recovery and so I have a way of dealing Damage. Protect cause it's soooo usful.

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Head Smash
- Ice Punch

Scrafty. Although not the most powerful has great utility and nice coverage. Scrafty has an amazing ability in Intimidate and a very nice utility move in Fake Out. Fake Out is a nice move that lets my mons Setup or deal damage overall It's a very nice move for ANY metagame. Drain Punch has STAB and gives him more bulk as I deal damage could be swapped for HJK but I feel he isn't so much of a powerhouse.. more of a support mon. Head Smash kills Zard Y and Talonflame while Ice Punch deals with Lando-t and Amoonguss better.

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

My Offensive trick room setter and killer of Amoonguss.. provided it doesn't Spore me. I have tried an array of items Life orb, Charcoal (always OHKO Amoonguss), Air Balloon, Saftey googles, Lum berry but ultimatly I decided Always living a hit was more valuble. Trick room cause Trick room team :P Heat Wave cause STAB+Hits both mons, Shadow Ball cause STAB however I find I never use it, and protect to Scout and stuff. Overall I think Lure is a nice mon on this team however its weakness to EQ is never nice.

Threat List:

Amoonguss cause it's slow and can spore me and overall stop my trickroom users,

Thunderous cause it gets taunt.. nothing else really..

Venu is just a pain in the ass, its bulky and can live about 2 turns min which is precious TR turns.

EQ, EQ, EQ, EQ. as i have said a few times I am very weak to ground and if TR isn't setup it's normally GG but when this guy is here it's ALWAYS GG

This is the Definition of a pain in the ass. Heat Wave, Sub, Taunt it has all it needs to stop me dead in my tracks.

Overall I really like this team and Doubles OU is my new fav meta. Thanks for reading and please leave a rate below.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Protect

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Disable

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Head Smash
- Ice Punch

Last edited:

Matame

New Rules
Hey. Im a big fan of fullroom in DOU and i like your spin on it with mawile. However i feel the rest of your team needs a little work. Dusclops is bulky as hell but on your team it only stacks witnesses to spore, among other things. I would run Colbur Jelli as it can still wisp physical threats but now you cant get stopped by strong dark type attacks, namely bisharp. Also reliable recovery is very nice. Hydro actually does damage to stuff like Landorus and Heatran. The sylveon set i feel is fine. It makes the most of your trick room turns withpowerful spread attacks. However I'd use pixie plate to help prevent your opponent from scouting your specs attack and going into a way to check it. This way you can now run calm mind as filler, which is nice on the last turn of trick room. I'm Honestly not a big fan of Breloom in trick room, and would replace it with Amoonguss if anything. Now you offer redirection for your powerhouses and pressure everything with spore while trick room is up. I really like how this pairs with calm mind sylveon. Im also not a big fan of sharp in trick room as well, and i would replace it with Goggles Cresselia. Now you have an additional setter, an additional way to check amoong and a ground immune. Now we have 2 setters, i feel we can replace chand with Goggles heatran. Again, another way to check amoong and a way to improve sun matchup. Heatran also has a very good spread attack in eruption. You also threaten aegi more.
Sorry i changed so much. Experiment with them and see how it goes. Good luck with your team :)
Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 232 HP / 100 Def / 176 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 25 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Protect

hey bud, im glad to see a full trick room team with mega mawile

as for the changes, i'd second amoonguss>breloom , would run shadow ball>hyper beam on sylveon to hit aegislash, and would consider heatran>chandelure if you can find another trick setter for the team like matame said.
if you want to replace bisharp, perhaps scrafty can help, as it getds fake out, facilitating set up, intimidate which is good (tho dual intimidate is very dangerous vs bisharp) , and headsmash can take out charizard-y/ thundurus, while ice punch can beat landorus, annoy amoonguss.

Hey. Im a big fan of fullroom in DOU and i like your spin on it with mawile. However i feel the rest of your team needs a little work. Dusclops is bulky as hell but on your team it only stacks witnesses to spore, among other things. I would run Colbur Jelli as it can still wisp physical threats but now you cant get stopped by strong dark type attacks, namely bisharp. Also reliable recovery is very nice. Hydro actually does damage to stuff like Landorus and Heatran. The sylveon set i feel is fine. It makes the most of your trick room turns withpowerful spread attacks. However I'd use pixie plate to help prevent your opponent from scouting your specs attack and going into a way to check it. This way you can now run calm mind as filler, which is nice on the last turn of trick room. I'm Honestly not a big fan of Breloom in trick room, and would replace it with Amoonguss if anything. Now you offer redirection for your powerhouses and pressure everything with spore while trick room is up. I really like how this pairs with calm mind sylveon. Im also not a big fan of sharp in trick room as well, and i would replace it with Goggles Cresselia. Now you have an additional setter, an additional way to check amoong and a ground immune. Now we have 2 setters, i feel we can replace chand with Goggles heatran. Again, another way to check amoong and a way to improve sun matchup. Heatran also has a very good spread attack in eruption. You also threaten aegi more.
Sorry i changed so much. Experiment with them and see how it goes. Good luck with your team :)
Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 232 HP / 100 Def / 176 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 25 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Hi Matame I think I have seen you around on PS and Normally I would have made this team. only I would like to make this game in-game so I am challenged with a no Legendary rule which is a nice switchup. I do like Pixie plate Sylveon and CM so cheers I would also ask the Set not the moves but Modest? 25 speed ivs? Amoonguss also I was on the fence on so I will definitely give that a shot. I have not however ever had a problem with sun so I do not think I would go Lure > Heatran. I am however Looking for a Bisharp replacement and I do think Scrafty would fit. I am honestly against Jellicent as Dusclops Ability to disable moves like Zard Y's heatwave and Choiced mons is invaluble, But I do like the idea of Recovery however, I do think the suicide type of Dusclops suits me better. I apriciate the rate!

hey bud, im glad to see a full trick room team with mega mawile

as for the changes, i'd second amoonguss>breloom , would run shadow ball>hyper beam on sylveon to hit aegislash, and would consider heatran>chandelure if you can find another trick setter for the team like matame said.
if you want to replace bisharp, perhaps scrafty can help, as it getds fake out, facilitating set up, intimidate which is good (tho dual intimidate is very dangerous vs bisharp) , and headsmash can take out charizard-y/ thundurus, while ice punch can beat landorus, annoy amoonguss.

I really like the Idea of Scrafty tbh but as I said above I would like to go Non legendary. Shadow ball is a nice idea tbh and I think shadow ball > CM but i will give both a go. I appreciate the rate though so cheers!

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
One small change that I would make would be either make Sylveon life orb or Pixie Plate. This allows you to maintain super strong attacks and also switch moves. Often you will find the need to switch moves greater than the need for a little more power. I agree with replacing dusclops too, its just really really bad. Its defense looks quite nice, but then you realise its low health and just general passiveness makes it quite bad. Jellicent is a good option because it allows you to set up Trick Room without being as passive and having water/ghost coverage is very nice.

Pretyy good team and I hope you stay around =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)