Trickroom RMT

What's up guys I just recently joined the group and I haven't been a member of smogon very long either. I have always found things like trick room and gravity to make playing the game more interesting so i think its fitting that this is my first rmt.

At a glance

Xatu @ leftovers
Trait: Magic bounce
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 SpA
Nature: Quiet
U-turn
Trick room
Roost
Heat wave

I chose Xatu to be my lead because of it's great ability, Magic bounce. Even taunt would bounce back in their faces allowing me to activate trick room early on. U-turn for scouting and shadowball for the pesky ghost and psychic type that threaten Xatu.

Bronzong @ leftovers
Trait: levitate
EV's: 244 HP / 180 Atk / 84 SpD
Nature: Sassy
Trick Room
Stealth rock
Gyroball
Earthquake

Bronzong is my second user of trick room and the stealth rocker of the team. With its steel typing and great defenses it could stay alive longer to set up more trick rooms. 0 iv's in speed to make gyroball hit harder and EQ to hit other steel types and the awesome abililty which grants immunity to ground attacks.

Breloom @ lifeorb
Trait: technician
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Nature: brave
Spore
Swords dance
Mach punch
Bullet seed

I have to be honest here and say that i have always loved Breloom so there's your answer as to why i chose him over Conkledurr. Access to spore and mach punch combined with technician are a huge help in or out of trick room.

Slowbro @ leftovers
Trait: regenerator
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Nature: relaxed
Trick room
Surf
Ice beam
Yawn

Slowbro has good typing and high defenses with good synergy for the fire attacks headed Bronzong abd Breloom's way. With regenerator it can take the damage from a switch in and can usually stay alive for a large portion of the battle. Yawn is a great way to force the switch when needed.

Rhyperior @ leftovers
Trait: solid rock
EV's: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpD
Nature: brave
Earthquake
Stone edge
Megahorn
Substitute

Rhyperior is here to take the electric attacks sent xatu and slowbro's way and he has stab edgequake. Megahorn is a powerful bug type move to nail the grass type pokemon in his way and solid rock to boost his defenses by 1/4 making them even better than they were naturally.

Scizor @ life orb
Trait: technician
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Nature : brave
Swords dance
Pursuit
Superpower
Bullet punch

My last trick room sweeper is Scizor who can check a good many pokemon on the ou threat list. I chose pursuit to trap the ghost and psychic types that would normally harass my trick roomers. Superpower to nail Ttar and bullet punch for priority.

Final thoughts

Without icebeam on slowbro i really have no way to nail dragons. I have been wondering if it would be best to give stealth rock to rhyperior and replace bronzong with something else. Dragonite was originally supposed to be on this team but i wanted to think a little outside the box by using xatu and breloom and by that time i couldnt find any where to fit him. I hope you guys like it and i await your rates

First of all, awesome trick room team.
But I would suggest taking out bron and put something much bulkier like dusclops or dusknoir as they have a way to recover hp outside of rest, but if you plan on keeping bron then I would put iron head instead of GB since its power will decrease due to increased speed. Finally, you should have a trump card for when TR can't be set up, as being slow could cost you a game. If you plan to keep Bron then replace Rhyperior with Choice scarf terrakion. Hope I helped out!

Ok firstly we'll done for using trick room in ou, not easy but hey it can be effective, firstly have a look at my trick room sand team, may give you some ideas and rate if you want, but anyways, Xatu is very effective so kudos to that, on bronzong I would switch earthquake with explosion to bring a sweeper in safely, also with no attack investment the damage output is going to be low. I would put leftovers instead of life orb in breloom but that's personal choice. I would put another attacking move on slowbro instead of yawn perhaps flamethrower, it has proven useful for me and move all def EV's to special attack to take advantages of his base 100 special attack and with a quiet nature he can dish out some damage. Rhyperior is almost text book trick room and a dead give away, and with the two four times weaknesses and with all the water moves in ou ATM I would put porygon 2, the standard trick room set in his place, it also gives you a bulky pivot, and with trace you can come in on standerd gliscor and cause it a world of trouble, along with other mons like intimidate mons. I would make scizors set, sword dance, super power, bug bite and bullet punch, I mean pursuit is very niche, and bug bite packs a punch in and out or trick room and has neutral damage on water pokemon which with the amount of boosts you can accumulate will damage them and then some.

U need a fast sweeper in case trick room isn't present. Try scarf mence. Lefties on rhypherior? U need to dish out damage in tr not try to wall things. Skarmory is almost a nightmare for this team. Tr reuniclus needs a spot to apply special pressure and u can take out slowbro for tht scarf mence

If dragon are a problem I suggest adding a porygon2 something like this:
@evolite
Trace
EV's:252hp 252def 4sdef
0spd IV's
~ Trick Room
~ Thunderbolt/discharge
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover

not only can it sponge the attacks of most +1 dragons, it can retaliate with a *4 ice beam coming off a respectable base 105 special attack. Trace allows porygon to absolutely man handle glicor and dragonite.

Hey xHeadHonchkrow, great Trick Room team but I see an issue that is plaguing your team.

The first thing that I and what you have stated is your problem with Dragon types. From looking at your team and what you have told me Slowbro is the only one on your team that can help with these problems but the more you keep sending out your Trick Room setter the higher the chance your opponent will try to KO Slowbro. To help Slowbro and your team with Dragons I suggest Trick Room Mamoswine.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def (0 Speed IVs)
Brave Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash / Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Superpower

With Breloom and Mamoswine this will be your team's offensive core. What Mamoswine brings to your team is dual priority from Breloom. Both of them covers the other's checks very well. However, Breloom struggles with some physical walls such as Gliscor and Landorus-T as well as Dragon types such as Latios, Latias, Dragonite and Toxicroak who resist both of the Breloom's STABs. With Mamoswine's priority Ice Shard you will hits most of the things that can trouble Breloom for Super Effective damage while Earthquake wrecks Toxicroak. I recommend using Life Orb to insure some KOs and not being locked into one move.The chose between Icicle Crash and Icicle Spear is up to you. But I recommend Icicle Crash because it has better damage output compared to Icicle Spear but Icicle Spear has 100% accuracy and the ability to break through Substitutes and Focus Sashes. Now the EVs are fairly simply Max EVs in both attack and HP.

The second thing I noticed is that your team doesn't have a way of true special sweeper. I know that Slowbro is your defensive Trick Room setter, but Trick Room is more like HO teams. The more defensive you are the more your opponent will set up in your Trick Roomer face. Like Ferrethorn can set up in your Slowbro's face with no trouble at all. Unfortunately stall teams are a problem for most Trick Room teams, so you need a stall breaker. Slowbro just isn't doing for your team IMO. That's I recommend Offensive Trick Room Reuniclus.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
Trick Room
Psychic / Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast (Miss)

With Reuniclus he can set up Trick Room and not have to worry about switching but sweep under Trick Room. This is what your team needs to help with stall teams and other teams weak to a Reuniclus sweep.

Hope this help your team and good luck. If you have any concerns or want me to elaborate more feel free to PM me.

Breloom IMO doesn't fit very well into this trick room team. You could try adding a slow ghost like golurk, or another powerhouse. CB snorlax may even be an option haha

Breloom IMO doesn't fit very well into this trick room team.
Actually Breloom fits perfectly well for this team. His team needs a good Grass type seeing how this team is weak to rain teams. Breloom is here to hit the water types and special walls that might give his team problems. Also Breloom provides priorty which is great for when Trick Room ends, and if he predicts right he might have +2 from Swords Dance and start sweeping.

Also I completely agree with the suggestions that Sciztar suggested, this team does struggle with Dragon types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)