SM RU Tricky, Tricky - RU Trick Room

Introduction
Hello ladies and gentlemen! My name is Setendo, and here is the team I have had the most success with. After getting swept by a Trick Room team myself, I decided to give it a try myself. I'm certainly not the best at battling, but I think this team is pretty good!

Teambuilding Process

Bronzong was the obvious choice for a Trick Room. Levitate, Stealth Rocks, and nice defenses all make it a solid defensive Pokemon.

Porygon2 has tremendous bulk with Eviolite and has a solid offensive presence with BoltBeam coverage. This keeps my defensive core form being too passive and nails common offensive threats hard.

I needed a specially defensive cleric, and Aromatisse fits that bill nicely. Honestly, though, I only use it when necessary, but it certainly does its job well.

Mega Camerupt is an obvious offensive monster for a Trick Room team. I thought about using Mega Abomasnow, I like Mega Camerupt's typing better, and can nail common defensive threats.

Hazard Removal is a must, and Dhelmise filled that role while also spinblocking and maintaining an offensive presence.

Lastly, I wanted a potent physical attacker, and Machamp fit the bill perfectly. And with that, the team is complete!

The Team

Liberty (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
My standard defensive wall ad primary lead. Fairly self-explanatory.

Daffy (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Mixed tank and easily the best member of the core. It's the most self-sufficient Pokemon on the team, and it's my primary answer to Honchcrow. I forgo STAB for BoltBeam coverage to many threats to my team for super effective damage.

Peach (Aromatisse) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
Specially defensive cleric. It can stand up to quite a few threats, and is perfect for absorbing taunts, which cripple my other defensive Pokemon.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge
The primary special attacker that tears most things to shreds. HP Ice hits Flygon and Zygarde 10%, and Stone Edge nails Rotom-Heat and Florges.

Titan (Dhelmise) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip
- Shadow Claw
My hazard remover and primary answer to common defensive Pokemon. Assault vest gives it some added bulk, allowing it to stand up Pokemon like Espeon.

Hulk (Machamp) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Facade
- Knock Off

The primary physical attacker and easily the hardest hitting Pokemon. Under Trick Room, it tears everything to shreds even with resisted hits. It also useful for absorbing status.

Threats

If Honchcrow comes in when Trick Room isn't up, it can basically sweep my entire team. The only member with priority is Machamp, and that can hardly be called a winning matchup. Porygon2 is the most reliable answer, but it can't comfortably take a Superpower to the face.

If Dhelmise goes down and Linoone gets to set up, it's basically GG. Extreme Speed bypasses Trick Room and decimates a majority of my team.

Drapion threatens Bronzong and Aromatisse, and Porygon2 can get its Eviolite Knocked Off. My offensive Pokemon can deal with it easily under Trick Room, but it can be a struggle setting it up. I often just sacrifice Bronzong and bring in Mega Camerupt

Very defensive Pokemon can stall my Pokemon out of Trick Room and bring in something to revenge kill them. Of course, on a 1 v 1 basis, most defensive Pokemon can be taken down easily by my team.

Conclusion

This is easily my best team so far. It excels against the more offensively oriented teams, and the team members as a whole provide nice synergy. Of course, I'm always open to suggestions!

Liberty (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Daffy (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Peach (Aromatisse) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge

Titan (Dhelmise) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
Shiny: Yes
Brave Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip
- Shadow Claw

Hulk (Machamp) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Facade
- Knock Off

Last edited:

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
This is a really nice team. However there are a couple thinks that I think could be improved.

P2 is probably the one thing I want to correct. I may be wrong. But tbolt doesn't really hit much other than milo and even then u wanna wanna be staying in and wasting trick room turns to do like 40 to a milotic. On the other hand... you could put toxic on the p2 and that would make the p2 a lot more useful with dealing with pivots on mons like cress and other defensive tanks that are pains in the ass.

You're gonna laugh at this one but for the camel.. run rock slide over stone edge. Stone edge is 100 BP while rock slide turns into 97.5 with sheer force with like a billion times the accuracy of SE cuz SE never hits :(. Other than that.. really neat idea running coverage move. But the problem is that it still does like zero to those mons like florges and then fire blast does like twice the damage. It's a good idea to use coverage but just note that it still does like zero to florges.

Other than that... not much else I can say. Really neat team and make sure to watch out for wasting tr turns on pivoting around on stupid fat mons like cress and stuff

Thanks for the insight! Toxic is probably a better option than T-bolt, and I've missed with Stone Edge more times than I can count.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)