Twist and SHOUT!

This team is one of my favorite teams I have ever made. It all started one day when I was playing Heart Gold in the storyline with my team of extremely underpowered pokemon (seriously I don't know how I got so far with an Ariados) and then I came across a Dragonair who used agility. And then I was like, DRAGONITE CAN LEARN AGILITY?! WHY WASN'T I TOLD THIS?? So I decided to make a team that weakened the opposing team enough to enable a clean sweep with my new AGILINITE through both passive and direct damage.

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/104 Def/152 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Trick
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
---
Uxie, the lead, is very useful early on and sometimes proves to be a valuable member lategame as well. One of the main reasons why this lead is so helpful is that it has a very adaptable strategy. It can either trick its scarf at the start of the match, or it can set up stealth rocks and switch out right away if the opponent's lead is easily dealt with by my other pokemon. Infernape is not a threat at all to my team. When faced with one I usually u-turn out to break its focus sash and switch to Gengar for a clean KO, or if I am feeling like wasting some health, I just go for a sub and see what the Infernape does before jumping the gun. Suicide leads all get tricked into taunt and then Uxie's U-turn follows soon after. Bulky leads (namely swampert) also suffer this same fate. Uxie also functions as a great fighting resist in the mid/late game and it can be useful by scouting switches with Yawn and U-turn as well.

Poliwrath (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Encore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
---
Poliwrath serves two functions throughout the game. In the beginning of the game, it serves as a scout. Uxie's tricking and U-turning in the beginning of the game serves as a great medium for Poliwrath to set up its substitute. After Poliwrath is behind its sub, the opponent would be stupid not to try to break it. One would expect this Poliwrath to focus punch or switch when faced with its counter, but they would be surprised when I would encore the move that is going to eventually kill me. So why would they switch out, when they can easily kill me in the next turn? Since most switchins are either psychic or ghost type, I can switch to my trusty Tyranitar and handily pursuit them into oblivion. This cycle goes on often throughout the match, but is less important since Poliwrath can focus punch much more easily with its main counters out of the way. Although sandstorm does hamper its effectiveness somewhat in negating leftovers, it does not bother me much since Poliwrath can gain health back from water type attacks aimed at Tyranitar. Poliwrath and Tyranitar have even more synergy than Breloom has with it for the reasons that even though their defensive synergy is not as concrete, they can both eliminate each other's counters with relative ease. Ice punch was chosen in the last slot to further increase the reliability in getting rid of both Dragonite's and Tyranitar's counters

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/112 Atk/144 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
---
Forretress helps in putting down the passive damage that this team enjoys so very much. With all the encoring and tricking going on, what is to stop them from switching? 3 layers of spikes is. Since my team also likes to switch a lot, I wanted a rapid spinner so I chose forrettress. The move set is fairly self explanatory, but sometimes I wish that I had Explosion instead of Gyroball. I honestly don't know because gyroball does serve to be useful sometimes. I need some advice in this respect

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
---
Pain split Gengar is by far my favorite ghost type spin blocker to use in teams that involve sandstorm. All of the passive damage brought upon by both life orb and sandstorm makes pain split all the more devastating for the opponent. This Gengar is amazing in sandstorm although some people may disagree with me. As long as Tyranitar is on this team, so is Gengar. End of story lol. Life orb STAB Shadowball and Focus Blast is nothing to scoff at.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 160 HP/252 Atk/96 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail
---
I have mentioned how useful this Tyranitar is in this team many times indeed. Choice band pursuit is almost all I use. Seriously. Everything else is filler pretty much lol. With all the encoring Poliwrath does, Tyranitar doesn't even need to bother with anything else. Well, maybe it does sometimes like with things that resist pursuit... But then again Stone Edge is also a kind of good move I guess... lol jk Its actually pretty stong. Aqua Tail also proves useful against switch ins and Heatran... when it doesn't miss.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 54 HP/252 Atk/204 Spd
Adamant nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Agility
- Thunderpunch
- Earthquake
- Outrage
---
After all of the steel types are weakened and the heavy hitters are whittled down, this Dragonite can easily give a clean sweep. Thunderpunch is for bulky waters and Skarmory, earthquake is there just for the sheer awesomeness that earthquake is, and Outrage is there because... you know... its 120 Base power with stab. The speed Evs allow this Dragonite to outspeed Choice Scarfed Jirachi which is very helpful since usually after a dragon dance Jirachi could still outspeed and OHKO with Ice Punch.

On the d-nite dragon claw and draco meteor will get you walled easily by steels so use this
D-Nite
252 attack 216 speed 40 hp
adamant
-D dance
-dragon claw
-roost
-fire punch/eq

Though Dragonite kicks major patoot, without an attack boost, I don't know if it'll sweep as well as you want it to. At least not with base 75 attacks, even with dragon claw.

Though it's never fun to be confused, this Dragonite would appreciate Outrage for when the time comes. Thunderpunch, Fire Punch or Earthquake make for good choices in the last moveslot, depending on what your team might have trouble with. The other option is to oust the roost, and use 2 of the aforementioned moves to maintain coverage.

Do you think Dragon Rush would work?

Ive been trying Dragon Rush and Flamethrower with the same spread and I must say that it works quite well.

Dragon Rush is not a great choice. Despite the 20% flinch chance, it is slightly outclassed by Dragon Claw (100*75%=75, 80*100%-80)

If you are going for a MixNite, go with:
-Draco Meteor
-Superpower
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
This smogon set has superb coverage, but you'll be forced to switch often due to Draco Meteor and Superpower's stat drop. Get rid of HP EVs and put them into speed so you outrun more things, like defensive bulky waters.

For uxie, try using Zen Headbutt or Yawn. Zen Headbutt helps against Machamp leads, since it has a chance at 2HKO and flinchhax, whereas you won't be KO'd from 2 payback + bullet punch. (especially with Impish nature).

Although much less common, there's a scizor weakness in your team. It could easily 2HKO T-Tar, and none of your pokemon have good ways to deal with it. Maybe your Dragonite could dent it, but Scizor won't die easily and kill your pokemon with Bullet Punch, bar Poliwrath.

You will need a fire move on your Dragonite, and have an effective healer/status absorber. Your only methods of healing are leftovers/Water Absorb and your pokemon are either very, very frail/can't hit hard enough (except Dragonite). Wish Vaporeon could replace Poliwrath, keeping Water Absorb, and still dealing good damage against T-tar counters with Surf/Ice Beam.

Scizor is easily dealt with on this team. Poliwrath can come in on most of its moves and set up a sub and then focus punch it to oblivion. I changed the dragonite set to the Metagross-esque version that was mentioned above

It is now 252 attk, 54 hp, 204 speed
Adamant
life orb
Agility
Thunderpunch
Earthquake
Outrage

It is much better now It works well with encore, trickscarf, and rapid spin for the easy setup and repeated switchins The speed evs give enough to outspeed choice scarf Jirachi after one Agility

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)