Typhlosion

Perhaps I was misunderstood. I wasn't saying typhlosion should be OU. I was saying typhlosion is functional on an OU team, especiallly if it's sun, which is all any lower used tier pokemon can ask for

As far as mixed attacker is concerned, I've never tried one but it sounds good in theory. I would think arcanine would do it better but you should never underestimate the surprise value. I am curious how much wild charge actually does to bulky waters because you're not going to want to eat their surfs.

The thing is, what does Typhlosion offer that other sun sweepers don't? Raw power? Victini, Darmanitan, and Charizard have it there. Wall breaking? Infernape and Arcanine have it there. I just don't see where it could fit in, heck I would rather lose a chunk of health after every hit, then lose a chunk of health and not hit hard at all.

Perhaps I was misunderstood. I wasn't saying typhlosion should be OU. I was saying typhlosion is functional on an OU team, especiallly if it's sun, which is all any lower used tier pokemon can ask for

As far as mixed attacker is concerned, I've never tried one but it sounds good in theory. I would think arcanine would do it better but you should never underestimate the surprise value. I am curious how much wild charge actually does to bulky waters because you're not going to want to eat their surfs.
I supposed I just misunderstood what you were saying.

For the mixed attacker set, I realized as I made it that Arcanine probably is better, but he's solid UU I beleive, so a set like this in RU/NU might be ok. I just ran some damage calcs though, and 252/252 Alomamola is only a 3HKO with Wild Charge. I'm honestly not sure what standard Alomamola EVs are however, so I'll probably do some more research. I really hope it gains some nice special moves if/when Gray comes out as its Special movepool is pretty bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)